Chapter 21

Another Face of Mine

 

Ever since Taemin saved Minhee from the rainy day, she has been kind of nice to him.  Yeah, kind of.  That action that Taemin had done reminded Minhee about their childhood.  The day they met was on a rainy day, and then after they met the rain had stopped and the sun came out.  She knew that Taemin would not remember this since he did not care about his past anymore.  Well, that is what Minhee thought.

It was a Thursday when Taemin saved Minhee’s again.

Minhee was checking over her homework, like she always does.  When she looked at her agenda, Minhee’s eyes widened.

Upon seeing Minhee’s change in expression, Taemin asked “What happened?  Did you forget a home work or something?”

“No, well umm sort of” She replied with.

“What is it then?”

Minhee looked at him and explained to him that she needs to bring a person with her to math club in order for her to get extra points.

“And so you forgot to invite a person to go to math club?”

She nodded.

“When is it?”

“Today, that’s why I am freaking out”

“I’ll go”

“Really?”

“Yeah sure”

“Thanks so much Taemin”

-------------

When school was over, Taemin and Minhee went to Mr. Hwang’s classroom.  The teacher smiled when he saw them together and marked a +10 on Minhee’s test.

Minhee sat in her normal seat and Taemin sat in the seat next to her.

When Lina came in, Minhee saw a guy next to her.  Mr. Hwang looked at Lina and wrote down her extra points.

“Minhee” Lina said, “This is Kai”

“HI” Kai said.

“Hey” Minhee said.

While they were walking away, Lina turned her head and winked at Minhee.  She smiled back and put a thumb up.

Like any other meeting, everyone was chatting and fooling around.  Minhee and Taemin were talking too.  They talked about things like their classes and other simple stuff, not personal things about themselves.

Before five minutes until the students were dismissed, the teacher announced that he’ll give back the exam too his students took.

After ten kids were called, Mr. Hwang called up her name and she got her test back/

“Look!” Minhee said, “I got a 110 now!”

“All because of me” Taemin said.  Minhee shook her head without her smile disappearing.

“Minhee I got a 100 now” Lina told her.

“Let me see your test”

Minhee took Lina’s test and saw a 5+ beside her old grade.

“A +5? Mr. Hwang gave me a +10” Minhee murmured.

“Really?”

Minhee showed her test and Lina said “Oh, that’s strange”.

“Yeah”

Meanwhile, Mr. Hwang smiled to himself as he was grading other’s papers.