Chapter 20

Another Face of Mine

 

*thud thud thud*

Minhee heard that sound against her bedroom window when she was awaking.  She saw rain drops coming down when she had finally opened her eyes.

‘Why!’ She wondered and grunted.

She got dressed as fast as she could and went downstairs.  She did not see her dad in the kitchen which meant that she had no ride to school.

“Isn’t this a good way to start off a Friday morning” Minhee murmured sarcastically.

She zipped up her rain coat and grabbed her polka dot umbrella.

Lucky for her, there weren’t any strong winds so that her umbrella would break.  Halfway to her walk to school, a car stopped where she was and so did she.  The front seat window rolled down and she saw Taemin’s face.

“Minhee!”  Taemin smiled, “Want a ride?”

“Sure” She closed her umbrella.

The driver was SHINee’s manager and behind her was Jonghyun.  When she saw him, Minhee greeted him politely.

Jonghyun smiled and said ‘Hello’ back.

She placed the umbrella in her lap so the water would not drip on the car.

“Thank you” She told the manager when she got off. The driver nodded in reply.

Jonghyun got off the car and opened the door for Taemin.  Taemin carefully got off from the car with his crutched in one hand.  When he stepped out, Jonghyun helped him with the crutches.

“See you later Taemin”

“Bye hyung”

Jonghyun nodded and winked at Minhee.  He got in and the car drove away.

As they walked into the school, Taemin smiled at Minhee.

“What?”

“Your pants” He pointed at my jeans.

Minhee looked down and she gasped.  The front part of her pants was wet and it looked like she peed on herself.

“Oh my gosh…” She whispered.

“Maybe you should change” Taemin suggested.

“Yeah” She nodded.

“You go to the gym locker room and change and I will wait for you by your locker”

“Alright”

(A/N: Let’s pretend that there are no uniforms ^^ ;;)

Minhee left Taemin and headed to the girls’ gym locker room.  Luckily, she did not get caught by her gym teacher.  Her gym teacher does not like it when students came in here when it is was not their period to have gym.

Minhee quickly opened her locker as fast as she could.  She grabbed her sweats and quickly changed.  As she was closing her locker, she heard someone come in.  Minhee, thinking it was her gym teacher; she hid right next to where the lockers came into an end and pressed onto a wall.

Fortunately, it was not the gym teacher.  Instead it was two girls.

When Minhee saw the two girls go on the other side of the room, she went to her locker again. 

“He might be cheating” Minhee heard a girl say.

“Sulli, don’t be ridiculous.  Taemin would not cheat on you.  He is too nice to even yell at you” The other girl said.

“Yeah but Hana, last time he told me he was busy studying and in our last date, he was all moody.”

“Oh but maybe-“

“Maybe what?  Maybe he is cheating with me with that ugly girl”

“You mean Minhee?”

“Yeah”

“But she’s pretty, not ugly”

Sulli sighed, “She is but ugh! “

“Look” Hana said, “Don’t be too hard on yourself, Taemin will still like you even if she is her helper”

She grabbed her pants and began to exit the locker room.  Minhee did not like it when she eavesdropped.

Minhee ran to her locker which Taemin was there waiting

“Better?” She asked.

“Better” He smiled.

“Thanks” Minhee said and got her books for her next classes.

*Lunch*

Minhee and Taemin took the elevator to go downstairs on the first floor.  They walked through the guidance office and sat in the meeting room.

Minhee took out her small lunch bag and took out a piece of brownie, similar to chocolate cake.

“Why don’t you eat?” She asked.

“The food here does not apatite me” Taemin said.

Minhee nodded in response and ate another bite.

“Did you bake that?”

She nodded, “Do you want some?”

Taemin nodded and smiled.

“Thanks Taemin” Minhee told him.

“For what?”

“For the ride in the morning, you saved me from getting wet”

“You’re welcome”

“Yeah” He replied, “But why do you still have that?”

“Have what?”

“That” He pointed at her bag.  The wet pants were spilling out from the bag.

“I really do not know”

They both looked at each other and laughed.