Chapter 5

Another Face of Mine

 

Taemin walked to class as fast as he could.  Taemin had changed classes since the school accidently messed up his schedule.  The bell rang had rung so she was now late.  He knocked on the door and a teacher opened it.

“Hello” The teacher said.

“Hello Mr. Hwang, my schedule was not how it was supposed to be so they switched my classes and I am now in your class” Taemin explained to him.

“Okay, come in”

Taemin bowed “Thank you”.

When the young boy was in front of the room, the girls looked up and began to whisper to each other.

“Class, Taemin is now in our advanced math class” Mr. Hwang announced.

Taemin smiled and introduced himself.

The girls in the class began to blush, except Minhee.

‘Why!’ Minhee thought as she saw Taemin sit all the way in the back, ‘I am surprised he is advanced in math’.

Minhee paid back attention and continued to listen to Mr. Hwang.

--- Lunch---

Minhee worried about where she should sit.  Yesterday, she sat in a random table but no one bothered to speak to her.

Minhee got her lunch plate and began to walk around the cafeteria.  Then, Minhee bumped into a guy.  Luckily, only their shoulders bumped each other so Minhee’s food was still on her plate.

“Sorry” She said and continued to walk.

*Meanwhile*

Taemin watched her walk away.  While he was sitting in his lunch table, he kept watching Minhee.  Sulli looked at where Taemin was watching and frowned.

“Why are you staring at her?” Sulli asked.

“No reason. I just- never mind” Taemin told her, still watching her.

Sulli smiled and carried on the conversation with her friend.

‘It’s like I have seen her face before’ He thought.

Taemin got up and walked out of the cafeteria.

 

*Meanwhile*

Minhee sat in the small white bench.  She put her plate on her legs and began to eat.

Minhee looked around the small garden.  The garden was really nice.  It was filled with flowers and had a fence.

“Hello” A male voice said.

She looked up from her food and stopped chewing when she saw Taemin. She swallowed her food slowly before she talked.

“Hi” She said.

“What’s your name?” Taemin asked.

“Minhee. Kim Minhee”

“Well Minhee, I think I have seen you before”

“You saw me yesterday”

“Yes but I have seen you out of school”

“Really?” Minhee shook her head, “I don’t think we have seen each other than school”

“Now I know where!”

“You do?”

Minhee was nervous.  She was sure that Taemin would not recognize her, hence her nickname was unrecognizable.  It will ruin everything if he found out.  Worst of all, she did not even know Taemin was going to this school.

“Yep, I bumped into you when I was at the library”

‘Yes!’ Minhee thought to herself.  She was relived.

“That was you” Minhee questioned.

“Yeah”

“Okay.  Well,” Minhee arose with her plate, “It was nice meeting you Taemin”.

“You too Minhee” Taemin replied back.

Minhee nodded and walked away.