Chapter 10

Another Face of Mine

 

“Wow” Minhee murmured as she saw all the garbage on the ground.

“Come on” Mr. Kim told her.

“But dad! There’s so much garbage.”

“Hey! You wanted to help!”

He was right.  When her father had told her if she wanted to go to the park and help him out, Minhee said “Sure, why not”.

“Fine” Minhee said, “Give me the garbage bag”

“That’s my girl” Mr. Kim smiled and handed her the bag and a pair of gloves.

First, they cleaned up the playground, then the baseball field, and now the soccer field.

Mr. Kim instructed her to clean up on both field sides. Minhee nodded and warned her dad to be careful because there were people playing on the field at the moment.

Minhee walked by the field side.  Luckily, there was a garbage can so she threw in the nearby garbage in the can.  Then she quickly began to pick up the rest.

As she was bending down to pick up the last piece of garbage, someone kicked the ball soccer ball and it directly hit Minhee’s garbage bag.  Minhee turned around and got back on her two feet.

She then saw a boy running towards her.  As he ran closer to her sight, Minhee recognized the face.

“Sorry Minhee!” Taemin shrieked and began to help pick up all the garbage that fell out.

“It’s alright” She murmured as she was cleaning herself.

As they were both picking up the mess on the ground, Taemin asked her why she is cleaning and Minhee explained to him why. 

“Also, on Thursday I went to math club and Mr. Hwang showed me what you scored” Minhee told Taemin.

“On the quiz?”

“Yeah”

“What did I get?” Taemin was eager to know.

Minhee looked at him “A 100”

“Really?”

Minhee nodded.

“Thanks” Taemin said.

“Welcome I guess”

“Well, I better go back”

“Okay, bye”

“Bye!” Taemin called out and ran back to the field.

Minhee grabbed the garbage bag and walked to where her dad was.

“I saw that a boy helped you after he kicked the ball your way” Mr. Kim commented.

“Yeah, it was a random boy”

“Are you sure?” He disagreed, “It seemed to me that you know each other”

“We don’t”

“Are you sure?” Her dad asked once more.

“I’m sure” Minhee said, “Now let’s go home”

“Alright, I suppose we did a lot of work”

“Yep” She replied, “We sure did”.