Chapter 40: Warm Hugs

What Were the Odds?

 

I was flabbergasted, obviously. Kyuhyun furrowed his eyebrows before continuing. “Uhm… Sorry.” He scratched the back of his neck. “Sorry about that…” Kyuhyun stammered.

 

I was only seeing Kyuhyun. And the butterflies and unicorns flying in his background. I was happy. Sad. Excited. Mad. Annoyed. Flattered. I didn’t know what to feel really. I was just… ugh…

 

“Kyuhyun? Let’s enjoy our time today!” I said giving him, for the first time in the past few days my warmest and most sincere smile. Kyuhyun seemed to be surprised by my sudden change of mood. He smiled back at me and grabbed me by the hand and led me to his car.

 

“So where’s our first stop?” Kyuhyun spoke up.

 

“Hmmm… Were would be a good place to spend Christmas?” I asked him. I don’t really know but ever since this morning, the atmosphere between the two of us has changed. It has gotten a lot happier.

 

We stopped in the amusement park and spent half of our time there fighting over what to ride.

 

“Kyuhyun! Let’s ride the Viking next!” I dragged him as we finished our cotton candies. We finished the roller coasters already and we also had the best arcades. Kyuhyun looked at his watch and nodded. I dragged him in front of the ticket booth and he giggled.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IIII AAAAAM NEEVERR RRRIIIIIIDIIING ANYYY VIIIIKIIIIIIING RIIIIIIIIIIDDDDEEEE AGAAAAAAAAIIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” I tried to tell him while we were riding the Viking.

 

We rode the roller coaster next. “Yah… Sooyounggie… Why are you so afraid in riding the Viking yet very at ease when riding the roller coaster?” Kyuhyun shivered as we got off the gates of the ride.

 

“Well… I really don’t know… I just like the roller coaster so much. Even before I knew the Viking thing.” I laughed and clapped my hands. “Well, what shall we do next?”

 

“Sooyounggie… I want to try something.” Kyuhyun answered as he pulled me into a dark booth.

 

“Yah… Why are we here?” I hugged myself with my free arm as Kyuhyun continued to drag me deeper into the dark booth.

 

At the end of the dark alley of dark cloth, I saw an old lady. I didn’t know about Kyuhyun but the woman is just creepy. The inside of the booth was cold and had a very eerie feeling to it. The old lady looked very familiar.

 

The old woman gave salutations to Kyuhyun as I sat beside him. I shrugged myself and shivered and didn’t settle. Kyuhyun didn’t seem to notice as well. He was too busy with the cards the old lady was showing him.

 

“Someone’s leaving you behind… Someone important to you. Very important.”

 

I snapped out of my senses as I remembered who the woman was. She was the old lady from the school festival. I froze. “Kyu… Can we go?”

 

“Let’s just check this out please.” Kyuhyun gave me his pout which I might add that I could never resist.

 

I shrugged and gave out an equally cute pout.

 

“There, there pretty lady. Please pick up a card.” The old woman had spread out a deck of cards and waited for me to pick a card.

 

“Can’t I pick the card?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“I think the results would be more accurate if she will be the one to choose.”

 

She creeps the living crap out of me! Kyuhyun-ah! Don’t do this to meeeee!~

 

I gathered up my strength and pulled the third card from the last one.

 

“This card… It means happy life. Happy endings. “ I was able to breath at her statement but then… “But always remember that Happy Endings usually cost a lot. You two will have to be brave.” She said and eyed the both us.

 

 

Happy Endings cost a lot. We have to be brave.

 

 

Kyuhyun pulled me out of the booth as soon as the old ahjumma finished saying and predicting our future. As if I’ll believe her. No way… There’s no way right? That anyone can predict someone’s future? Well, only God can do that… Right?

 

 

“Sooyounggie…”

 

“Mmh?”

 

Kyuhyun and I sat on the benches of Han River. The streets were full of lights and carols and people and smiles. We were happy, I thought. That time we were.

 

“Merry Christmas.”

 

“It’s not even twelve in the evening yet.” I . I leaned my head on his shoulder.

 

I didn’t really mind the lights, the carols, the people and the time. This was really the last night that I’ll be with Kyuhyun for a very long time. 6 years? I could wait that long. Hopefully.

 

“Kyu?” I said hoping that my voice wasn’t trembling obviously.

 

“I think… I will.”

 

“Will what?” Kyuhyun answered obliviously.

 

“I will wait for you. I promise… to wait for you…”

 

With no other words, Kyuhyun hugged me. Hugged me tight as if he wasn’t letting go. As if he was going to miss me. And yes, of course. I hope he will miss me.

 

Kyuhyun stared in front of my eyes after our long hug. “Saranghae.”

 

I smiled to him and we wrapped ourselves with our hugs. Our warms hugs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: KAHAHAHAHAHA! I UPDATED! Finally! Woohoo!!! Anyways. I am soooo excited! I don't know why or about what I just am. Hahaha! Anyways! thank you for the love and support you have given this fanfic! I love you guys so much! Mwah! Hugs and Kisses! :)