Chapetr 38

What Were the Odds?

 

Changmin-oppa took the words right out of my mouth. I held my breathe for the questions Oppa might ask me. What to do?!

 

Changmin-oppa laughed. “I guess you got attached to him in that short period of time huh…”

 

“But what are you going to do if he leaves? And never come back?” I snapped my head towards his direction. I don’t want that to happen. I hope that won’t happen. Please, don’t let that happen. I shook my head, throwing the silly thoughts away. I looked in the opposite direction. Stupid oppa.

 

“Why? Why do I have to answer that?” I said. “It’s not like I can’t breathe without him. Of course, I’ll continue to live.” I said while giving a weak and well, a pretty obvious fake smile. “Why?”

 

Changmin-oppa looked almost surprised. His eyeballs slightly gleaming more than usual. “Oh… Nothing…”

 

The night was getting colder. It was after all almost eleven in the evening. I stood up stretching my arms. “Oppa… I’ll be going now.” I said turning to Changmin-oppa. “Thanks for tonight.” I squeezed a more convincing smile before starting to walk.

 

“Sooyoung-ah…” I turned again upon his calling. “No matter what. You know I’ll always be here? Right?” I nodded before proceeding to the cold and snowy night.

 

I wondered what my life will be like after Kyuhyun leaves. I wondered how I’ll act each day. Will my life return to its boring life or will something much better and much more amazing life will come my way. I didn’t know. I didn’t want to expect something better. Although it might sound not like me but it made me really sad… knowing that the guy who invaded my life, slept in my apartment and cheered my broken heart will soon be leaving. And to make it worse, that soon will be the day after tomorrow. I wondered if I’ll be able to meet him on the airport and wish him a safe trip. That, I didn’t know. I didn’t want to know. Literally, I just couldn’t think of anything right now. I tried to shake the thoughts away again.

 

I reached the intersection road just before our apartment. I paused as the light went to a red stop light. I didn’t know what but something just made me remember how much I like this place. This was the first time I get to know Kyuhyun; the time he sort-of helped me with the snatcher who tried to make a run for it after taking away my phone. I gave out a laugh as I imagined what went to his mind upon seeing my panting face. The light turned green and I started walking across the road.

 

The road was long. About… oh I don’t know. It was just long. It seemed longer with the thoughts in my head. But I kept on walking. I reached the end and gave out another sighed. Tucked my arms in my sweater and proceeded to my apartment.

 

Taeyeon-unnie isn’t in the apartment today again. She’s with Leeteuk-oppa; probably planning on spending Christmas Eve with him. I entered my apartment, didn’t bother to change my clothes and directly threw myself on the bed. I closed my eyes and for the first time for what seemed to be a long time, I slept.

 

***

 

5:24 A.M. December 24th

 

Goodness. What exactly could keep me from my wonderful sleep? I reached for the clock on top of my bedside table. I rubbed my eyes and tried to refrain from fully waking up. I turned to the opposite side of the bed.

 

Still not working. And so I turned. And turned. And turned.

 

I CANT SLEEP ANYMORE! I got up from the sheets and stood up from my warm bed. I covered myself with the thickest blanket I have. After looking through the closet, I wrapped myself immediately. It was literally snowing like REALLY heavy.

 

I sat on the corner of my bed and waited. Waited for I don’t know what. I don’t care what. But I waited. I didn’t bother to get out of my room for a moment. It took me another thirty minutes or so to get myself out of my daydreaming. Then I heard a knock on the door. I dragged myself out of my bed and room.

 

I was pretty sure of how I looked like; messy bed-hair, swollen eyes (because of sleep deprivation). But despite my monstrous look, I still dared to open the door. That was when I almost lost my balance and fell on the floor.

 

“Kyuhyun!” I said. “What in the world are you doing here?!”

 

 

It was him. Cho Kyuhyun. The guy who made my life miserable yet I still wanted to live. The guy who made my heart stop when he said he liked me. The guy who made my heart fall when he told me he was leaving me. CHO KYUHYUN.

CHO KYUHYUN was standing in front of me.

__________________________________________________________

A/N: Another short update! Enjoy!