Chapter 4

One Roof, 2 Group Gangster, 6 Boyfriends-To-Be

 

It was another day for Reina, she was walking towards home after she bid goodbye to Jieun.

‘Bye!’ Jieun waved while Reina waved back. They then separate ways from the school gate. She was walking home when someone bumped into her again. She straightened up and had expected that person to apologise but instead of apologizing, that person just continued walking ahead.

‘Yah!’ Reina called seeing the back of the person. She knew who he was. After so many years of living together, how could she not recognized his back and the way he walks? She didn’t know what came into her and when she knows it, had already parted and the word just came out by itself.

That person just continued walking while ignoring her calls. It was as if something inside her snapped, Reina went forward and stopped in front of that guy. She was even pissed now, Lay ignored her again.

Although Lay would always ignored her calls, but she hadnt been so pissed off to the extent of going against him. Reina had prevented herself from yelling at Lay when he walked away from her without apologizing in the cafeteria a few days ago.

She had wanted to scream at all the boys that day but there were too many people in the cafeteria so she couldn’t do anything about it. She didn’t want to attract unwanted attention and there's no point in being angry at the boys because its not worth it. At least this was what she convinced herself that time. But she was really angry now, she had almost fallen onto the ground when Lay bumped into her again and he didnt apologize for it. Now they were on the way home and there weren’t much people, not that she sees anyone that she recognize or was from her school, she could finally do what she wants.

Reina walked in front of Lay and stopped. Reina glared at him while Lay just looked nonchalantly at her. ‘Is this how you respect someone older than you? By glaring at them? I didn’t know you were so rude Reina.’ Lay said.

This made Reina even more pissed off than ever. ‘Oh says the person who doesn’t apologise after bumping into someone?’ Reina asked back with a raised brow.

*She wants me to apologise? Ha! What a joke.* Lay just smirked at Reina before he walked past her. ‘Yah Zhang Yixing!’ Reina yelled angrily, her eyes glaring into his back.

In one swift moment Lay was right in front of her eyes. ‘Did you just call me by my full name?’ Lay hissed. Reina was shocked, her eyes widened. She didn’t expect this to happen. She hadn’t expected Lay to be so close up to her.

Reina quickly recomposed herself and replied ‘Yeah so?’ she said pretending that she wasn’t the least affected by him.

‘Who says you could call me by that name?’ Lay hissed in a threatening voice. Reina instantly regretted what she had done but she put up a strong front, she couldn’t back down now.

‘That’s your name, why couldn’t I call you that?’ Reina challenged.

‘You really want to know?’ Lay hissed while glaring at her.

A vibrated sound could be heard and Lay cussed knowing it was his. ‘Aissh!’ Lay took a step back and took out his phone from his pocket. He looked at the caller before he answered the phone. Luhan had called him.

‘What?’ Lay answered irritated when he picked up the call. *He just had to call me at this kind of timing* he silently growled.

‘Kris asked you to come.’ Luhan replied straightforwardly, not affected by Lay’s tone of voice.

‘Arasso, I’ll be there soon’ Lay hung up the phone before putting it back into his pocket.

Lay began walking away from Reina, towards the way he had come from. Reina sighed in relief mentally while she looked at Lay who walked away from her.

However Lay stopped halfway and turned to face Reina again. Reina felt all tensed up again almost immediately. Lay walked slowly back to Reina, his eyes never left her. Reina felt herself stood rooted to the ground. Since she was too afraid, she forgotten how to move.

Lay smiled and tuck a strand of Reina’s hair behind her ear before he spoke to her, ‘Oh right I forgot to tell you something.’ He paused and looked into Reina’s eyes while Reina just stood there, not knowing what she should do.

Lay smirked and continued ‘even though Im your adopted brother and I promise your mom I’ll take care of you, try calling my full name again and you’ll see what will happen Reina’ Lay smile and said as he looked into her eyes. Although Lay said it casually, his words were cold and his eyes were hard, sending shivers down Reina’s spine. He smirked at her before he walked away from her to meet Exo-M.

Reina gulped, still unable to absorb what had just happened and watched as Lay’s figure became further and further away from her. She shook her head and walked back home. *Remind why did I even yell at him in the first place? I will never call his full name again. No screw that, Im never going to call him ever again.* Reina could still felt Lay’s words lingering in her mind and for that, she would never confront that guy ever again.