Chapter 38

One Roof, 2 Group Gangster, 6 Boyfriends-To-Be

 

‘Reina what happened to you and Sehun? Sehun seemed different towards you now. He even caught you when you were about to fall. Not just that, that tone of his when he told you to be careful after he helped you up. Its so gentle and caring’ Jieun placed both of hands as she dreamily recalled Sehun’s voice.

‘Nothing happen’ Reina lied as they walked along the hallways. She didn’t want to tell her what the guys had said this morning. She didn’t knew it herself either. What if the guys were just joking? What if they weren’t serious? She didnt want to believe them and be hurt when they turn their back on her again.

‘Really?’ Jieun looked at Reina suspiciously ‘Not just Sehun, Kris sunbae is different too’ Jieun tapped her chin as she thought about it now.

 

-------Flashback-----

Reina was eating with Exo-M today. She didn’t want to but she didn’t had a choice when Exo-K and Exo-M had been bugging her ever since then. Since the guys were way too noisy when all the 2 groups of them sat together with her and she had constantly turned her head around when the guys called her, she wasn’t able to eat her lunch much because of them. In the end she decided that she’ll have it with them on separate day and the last day alone with Jieun.

‘Tao, you gotta left some food for the others, I cant eat so much as well’ Reina tugged on Tao’s hand but Tao shook his head ‘No, Noona needs to eat more. You’re too skinny, Tao don’t like a single bit’ Tao stubbornly refused and continued stuffing her tray with more food.

‘Xiumin’ Reina called for help but instead of helping, Xiumin was backing Tao up ‘Tao’s right, you have to eat more’ Xiumin joined Tao and placed more food on the tray.

Reina shook her head in disbelief. She asked Xiumin for help, not to make things worst. *At this rate, not just the people wont get to eat, I’ll suffer from a stomach explosion too* ‘Tao be good huh? Xiumin please? People behind needs to eat too. At this rate, they wont be able to eat.’ Reina cooed.

‘I don’t care whether they eat or not, Noona is more important’ Tao pushed the topic aside and continued adding to the tray that was overflowing with food.

‘Xiumin please?’ Reina cooed, Xiumin turned towards the students ‘Do you all really need to eat?’ Although Xiumin casually asked, he was threatening the students with his eyes. Not wanting to offend Xiumin, the students could only shook their head, no.

Xiumin turned around and smiled ‘See Reina, they’re fine with it’

‘Hyung, get another tray, this is too full already. We need another one’ Tao called and Xiumin immediately went to get another one.

Reina bite her lip as she contemplated if she should call him after what happened in the morning. ‘Luhan’ Reina called but to her dismay, Luhan was helping them too. ‘My Reina needs to eat more’ Luhan happily placed the food on the new tray Xiumin had gotten.

‘Chen’ Reina looked at him for help. Luhan glared at the Chen and the boy raised his hand in surrender as he looked at Reina. He didn’t want to go against his hyung and soothingly patted her shoulders ‘Just go along with the flow Reina’

‘Jieun’ Reina called

‘Just be glad Reina’ Jieun chuckled.

Kris walked over and passed his tray to Reina. ‘Take this and go sit with your friend first, I’ll settle them’ Reina just stared at Kris in disbelief. *Did he just offered to help me out?*

‘Reina?’ Kris tenderly called out while holding onto the tray in front of her. ‘Oh erm thanks’ Reina awkwardly took the tray over and quickly walked away with Jieun.

‘You three, its either the three of you put it all back or eat all of them by yourself.’ Kris commanded.

‘You kidding me?’ Luhan raised a brow.

Kris stay put while Lay raised his brow ‘Do you think he looked like his joking? Grow up hyung’ Lay shook his head as he walked away. At Kris stern look, the boys had no choice but to put the food away.

------End Of Flashback----

Reina just rolled her eyes at Jieun. ‘Reina’ someone called as they walked out of the school gate. Both of them turned around to see Lay standing in front of them.

‘Oh, I think I better go now’ Jieun slyly said and waved, ‘Remember to tell me what happened tomorrow’ She mouthed before she walked away from them.

*What the hell was she thinking?* Reina sighed at the sight of her ridiculous friend before she turned around and met eyes with Lay in front of her. Instead of giving her cold glares, Lay warmly smiled and grabbed her wrist gently before he walked her the way home. ‘Lets go home now’

Instead of following him, Reina just shook it away. ‘No, I told you, just be yourself, you don’t have to pretend to be nice with me, the others wasn’t around.’ She said coldly, refering to the guys of Exo-M.

Lay felt his heart dropped when Reina shook off his hand. ‘Reina’ Lay called out but Reina shook her head and laugh ‘Dont pretend, whatever you are playing, I wont fall for it’

Before Lay could say anything, it started pouring heavily out of nowhere. ‘You didn’t bring any umbrella did you?’ Lay asked but instead of replying Reina just walked away from him.

Lay went forward and took her hand, running back inside school. ‘What are you doing? Let go!’ Reina struggled but Lay didn’t release until they reached school.

‘Stay here. Don’t go anywhere, just stay here’ Reina watched as Lay ran off again. She wanted to move but the rain was too heavy so she just stayed where she was.

After 10 minutes, Reina watched as Lay returned, an umbrella in hand. Lay took Reina’s hand and handed her the umbrella. Reina push it away but Lay gave her a look, ‘dont reject it. I don’t want to see you falling sick again.’ Reina was speechless, she didn’t know how she should react to that.

‘Be careful on your way home’ Lay whispered and left without another word.

Reina stood and watched as Lay ran back into the rain. She looked at the umbrella in hand, she didn’t know why but her heart hurt. *Who are you? Lay? Yixing oppa?*

Lay stopped running a distance away from school, he looked back to see Reina holding the umbrella he bought walking the direction home. *Sorry Reina, I know you are confused right now but please believe me again. I didn’t mean to threaten you the other day when you called me Zhang Yixing. Its just that when you call me Zhang Yixing that day, all the memories I tried so hard to lock away came back to me. It was so hard for me to control my feelings that day. I wanted to embrace you there, right then but I wasn’t able to because of the promise I made to your omma. I was afraid that I wouldn’t be able to hold back my feelings for you if you continued to call me like that just like before. Back then I had to be the cold and heartless Lay that doesn’t love anyone. Now that I’ve decided to break the promise, I’ll be the Zhang Yixing oppa that always love you* Lay stood there and watched until her figure was gone.