Chapter 2: Meeting her

Beautiful Disaster

“Sunggyu, I need you to go to the market for me to pick up some stuff.” His mother called out from the kitchen. He sat up from the couch and gave a low groan. “Sunggyu! Did you hear me?” his mother called out once again, this time walking towards the living room.

 

“Yes, I heard you the first time Omma.” Sunggyu replied as he stood up. “What do you need?” he asked with a smile that made his eyes almost disappear. His mother handed him a list of things she needed. “I’ll be back in a while.” Sunggyu said, zipping up his jacket and jogging out of the house.

 

He plugged his earphones on walking down the street listening to music. He noticed trucks pulled up at the huge house at the end of the street. He slowed down a little bit, feeling curious because no one has moved in that house for as long as he knew. 

 

He stood there, watching people walk in and out of the house, bringing in boxes and furniture inside. He was about to walk on further when he saw a younger guy come out. He immediately spotted Sunggyu and walked up to him with a smile. "Hello, neighbor?" he said, a question in his tone.

 

Sunggyu smiled and nodded. "Yeah, hi my name is Kim Sunggyu. We live a couple of houses down." He said with a smile. "So, I'm taking you guys are new in town huh?" he asked.

 

Hoya nodded, still smiling to himself. "Yeah, me and my friends just moved to the country from Seattle. No parents." he told Sunggyu, pointing towards the house. "Its just me, my sister and 3 more friends." he said.

 

Sunggyu nodded, looking at the house. "Okay, well I have to go. I have an errand to run for my mother." he said. "I think we'll be in the same school, RyeoWon High School?" Sunggyu asked and Hoya nodded in reply. "Great, see you there." 

 

"Yeah, see you." Hoya replied and went back inside the house. Watching Sunggyu walk further down the street. He turned around and saw WooHyun and EunMi walking down the stairs, talking and laughing together. "Going anywhere?" Hoya asked.

 

"Yeah, shopping. We need to buy toiletries and other necessities plus we want to see Seoul.” EunMi replied, turning to WooHyun lovingly. “We’ll be back in a couple of hours. L and Stephanie are upstairs, they’re unpacking their clothes in their rooms. You know how those two are." 

 

SungYoon walked towards the bed and sat down on it, just looking at the things around her. It was difficult for her this time, usually it would be easy for her to leave it all behind. To move on. But this time it was different. She lost a very important person in her life. Someone who's been in her life for years. Her partner, her companion, someone who helped her get by, the one who made her what she was now. Someone who shared her life. And now, he was gone.

 

She stood up and went to L's room from across the hall. "I will be going out. Do you need some company?" she asked him and L waved his head in reply. "I want to see the city. It has been a while." she told him.

 

"It's fine Stephanie. I will be here." he said with a small smile. SungYoon nodded and picked up a small bag that had money for her to spend on things she needed to adjust.

 

She walked out of the house and into the street. She quickly put on her sunglasses as the sun bothered her eyes. She started walking towards the main street, just wanting to explore the area. She walked down the main street and just memorized every detail of the area, not missing out one thing.

 

Sunggyu just finished his mom’s list of groceries. He had his ipod plugged in, listening to music and somehow making up dance steps as he walked back home. He saw a girl carefully walking, casually looking at shops on the street. Sunggyu was trying to change the song on his ipod as he continued walking opposite her way, not noticing that he was already crossing the street.

 

He was surprised as he heard a honking sound, not too far from him. He froze up in place, watching the car, not 2 feet from him, skid through the road. He closed his eyes, waiting for the hit when he felt someone grab his arm and quickly pulled him back in the sidewalk.

 

SungYoon stared at him, waiting for him to open his eyes. And he did, slowly. “Am I dead?” he asked then turned to SungYoon. He had a surprised expression on his face. Maybe I am dead. He thought as he stared at her in return. He thought she was the most beautiful angel, the one who saved him. “T-thank you.” He said, mildly stuttering.

 

SungYoon gave a brief nod and walked off. Sunggyu couldn’t help himself and followed her. He noticed she was walking back to a familiar street. He was surprised when she took a left and walked up the big house at the corner of the street. He stopped breathing for a moment as she paused in front of the door. She turned back and looked at Sunggyu. Their eyes held each other for what felt like forever for him then she turned back to the door and went in the house.

 

He smiled to himself, very much glad that she was close. That way, it would be easier for him to thank her.