Chapter 16: Terrified

Beautiful Disaster

YAY FOR NEW READERS AND COMMENTERS~ <3

BTW GUYS, you can follow me on twitter~ :D spazz with me about BEAST, Infinite, Jay Park <3 or just get to know me. I won't bite. its http://www.twitter.com/abandonedsky ^^;

here's the next chapter!


 

The next day, YeoRum dropped by at around 10 in the morning. She was wearing a beautiful blue dress, hugging her body, carrying a box of cookies she made. SungYoon was the one who opened the door for her and let her in.

 

YeoRum stepped in the living room and found WooHyun and Hoya were playing a racing game on the PS3 with EunMi cheering for WooHyun. YeoRum smiled and looked at SungYoon. “You guys are so normal.” She said with a small laugh.

 

SungYoon laughed too. “We do not have any choice but to adapt to these changes, right?” she said. “And besides, it is very entertaining. Especially when L is the one playing, he always manages to beat everyone because he can tell what they’re doing.” She said then looked behind YeoRum where L appeared. “L is here.” She said gesturing to L.

 

YeoRum turned around and smiled widely. “Hi~ good morning!” she said then handed him the box she was holding. “I made you some cookies. Actually it’s also for everyone else.” L nodded and handed the box to SungYoon. She went to the kitchen and left the box and returned to where she was in a matter of seconds. “Wow, to be honest, this is all too overwhelming. I mean, I know you guys exist but I have never met a vampire before. Let alone a family of one.” She said, gesturing to the others.

 

L smiled and approached her, taking her hand. “You will get used to it, one of these days.” He told her and she nodded in reply. “Everyone, I would like to formally introduce YeoRum. She is a part of this family now.” He said, smiling proudly at her. “YeoRum knows all about us, vampires. She is a witch-in-training.” He said.

 

“Wow!” WooHyun exclaimed, “So you can manipulate the elements?” he asked, beating Hoya from the game. “I WON! You owe me pizza!” WooHyun said turning to Hoya.

 

YeoRum nodded at his question. “Though I’m mastering Air and Water since those are the dominant elements that I acquired from my mother.

 

“That sounds so cool.” WooHyun said smiling at her then looking at L. “Dude, she’s a keeper.” He said, giving him a thumbs up.

 

YeoRum volunteered to help SungYoon and EunMi in preparing for dinner. She was fascinated by the fact that, other than being cold, super fast and strong, burning under the sun and drinking blood, their lives were completely normal. YeoRum also never knew that they could and need to eat human food at times too.

 

“Seems like your mother did not tell you enough about us.” SungYoon said as she chopped up some vegetables. “Witches should know better.” She said and smiled at YeoRum.

 

“Well, I’m not strong enough to sense the supernatural yet, unlike my mom. So, I could never tell if someone’s not really human. I’d never suspect L, or you or anyone in your family to be vampires.” YeoRum said honestly. “I just found out by accident when I tripped and held on to MyungSoo. As soon as I touched him, I saw flashes of how he was turned.”

 

EunMi smiled, “Well, we’re all glad that L has someone now. It’s been a while since he’s been really happy. Truly happy. And now you are here, making him smile all the time.” She said.

 

After lunch, SungYoon excused herself and left the house, walking down the street and to Sunggyu’s place. She rang the doorbell and Mrs. Kim was the one who opened it. “Oh, hi SungYoon dear. Are you looking for Sunggyu?” she asked and SungYoon nodded with a smile. “I’m afraid he went out with… What was that girl’s name again? Um… oh! Soyu. I don’t know what time he’s going to be back.”

 

“Oh.” SungYoon replied. “Thank you Mrs. Kim. I am sorry to have bothered you. Have a good afternoon.” She said in reply then bowed and left. He was out with a girl, did that mean that he was no longer interested in her? But that was better right? It was better that he didn’t like her, that he was with another girl. But for a moment there, why did it hurt?

 

She brushed it off and decided to spend the afternoon alone. She went back home and asked L if she could use his car and he agreed. She drove out of the street and abruptly stopped when she heard a distinct female voice calling out a name over and over again.

 

“Sunggyu oppa! SUNGGYU OPPA! Wait up!” Soyu called out running after Sunggyu down the street. “Sunggyu oppa!”

 

“.” He cursed under his breath, picking up his pace. He had no idea how the girl found out that he was going out with his friends today since DongWoo was feeling much better already. “This annoying girl.” He groaned and pulled out his phone. He couldn’t tell her to go away when she showed up in front of his house this morning. So instead of taking his car, he walked. But he didn’t really walk that far, he was just circling around the block, trying to loose Soyu then go back to take his car.

 

He was about to turn left to an alley again when a sports car pulled up by his side. He blinked twice as the door opened. “Come on.” He heard SungYoon’s voice. SungYoon? But he knew that she had a different car. “Sunggyu… come on inside.” Her voice said, growing impatient.

 

He glanced over Soyu who was now sprinting as she saw his face and quickly got in the car. As soon as he closed the door, SungYoon sped up, driving off. Her driving slowed down once they hit the main road. Sunggyu smiled, looking at SungYoon. “You look like you’re feeling better.” He said teasingly with a small chuckle.

 

SungYoon glanced at him and smiled back. “Forgive me, I left just like that last night.” She said in a small voice, diverting her eyes back to the road. “I think I owe you an explanation.” She said. “Do you have time today? I would really want to talk to you.” She said, smiling.

 

His friends would kill him for being late. But he felt that this was going to be really important and that if he didn’t go, then the questions on his head would just pile up. “Sure. I have time.” Sunggyu said in reply. SungYeol and SungJong were just going to be in DongWoo’s house, right? He can just catch up, a few hours wouldn’t hurt.

 

SungYoon didn’t stop driving until they reached a park. She left her car nearby and the two of them started walking. “So, Soyu seems… very enthusiastic about you.” SungYoon started, holding back a laugh.

 

“Ha. Ha.” Sunggyu replied, laughing sarcastically. “She’s this really annoying girl who follows me everywhere.” He explained to her. “She’s a junior, in SungJong’s class too.” He said to which SungYoon nodded in reply with a smile. “We didn’t get to finish our game last night.” He said.

 

SungYoon nodded. “Indeed, we did not.” She said, watching kids play at the playground as the two of them continued walking. “I remember your question, how was it that Chunji could smell a different scent from what you can smell.” She stopped walking and looked at Sunggyu who nodded. “Are you sure you are ready for the answer?” she asked him back.

 

He looked at her intently. It was obvious that she was keeping a lot of secrets. And was he ready to know? He wasn’t so sure. Was he terrified? He shouldn’t be, but he was scared. Not scared of her, scared of his own feelings for her. Because he was falling in love for her, even if she had these secrets, whatever those secrets were. He wasn’t so sure that he’s supposed to let his feelings lead him on, but it sure felt right.

 

“No, I’m not.” He said honestly, waving his head. “And I can tell that you’re not really ready yet too. So I can wait until you can tell me.” He said then inched closer to her. He slowly took her hand, wincing at the cold touch at first. “For now, we can enjoy getting to know each other like this.” He said. “I really like you SungYoon. I don’t want to force you to tell me something you don’t want to. I really don’t. I’d rather have you slowly open up to me. No matter how long that takes.” He said and gave her a smile.

 

SungYoon smiled back and looked at their joined hands. That’s when she noticed that he was wearing a thin bracelet made of leather and at one end, there was a moonstone hanging. “Where did you get your bracelet?” she asked looking up at him. “It looks good on you.”

 

He smiled back, “My step-sister gave it to me.” He said simply and the two of them continued walking, holding hands like that.

 

SungYoon agreed to go with Sunggyu to DongWoo’s house to visit him. He insisted on driving and SungYoon agreed given the condition that he would take care driving L’s car. They reached DongWoo’s house in a few minutes. Sunggyu rang the doorbell and SungYeol was the one who opened it.

 

He was about to shout at Sunggyu for being late but immediately spotted SungYoon beside him. “Oh, so that’s why you took long.” SungYeol said, giving Sunggyu a sly smile. “You didn’t say you were bringing SungYoon with you.” He said playfully.

 

“SungYeol dear, who’s at the door?” DongWoo’s mom asked walking towards the door. “Oh, it’s Sunggyu. And who is this—“ she asked, stopping midway as she laid her eyes on SungYoon. Her eyes were surprised, even horrified, like she knew who SungYoon is. She smiled again, hoping the other’s didn’t notice. “W-Who is this fine young lady you’re with?” she asked, smiling at SungYoon, also hoping that she didn’t notice her.

 

But SungYoon knew. She knew who she was. “She’s Kim SungYoon.” Sunggyu replied looking at her and smiling. “My… my um…” he said, blushing a bit.

 

“His girlfriend.” SungYoon replied for him. “It is very nice to meet you Mrs. Jang.” She said, holding out her hand to DongWoo’s mother. DongWoo’s mother eyed her outstretched hand but didn’t take it. She just went back inside. She lowered her hand and turned to Sunggyu. “Forgive me, I have to get back home.” She said.

 

Sunggyu pouted but nodded, letting go of the hand he was holding. Somehow, he got used to the coldness that the warmth that enveloped his hand was now a different feeling. “I’ll see you later then.”

 

SungYoon nodded in reply. “Aigoo~ Now I have to bear the pain of Sunggyu hyung’s cheesiness.” SungYeol said slightly shuddering.