Chapter 25 :: The Worst Is Over

Beautiful Disaster

 

 

SungYoon watched in horror as L carried Sunggyu inside their house. His body drenched in blood, he had some scratches on his body. “Wh-Who did this to him?” she asked, looking at his lifeless body then turned to L. “TELL ME!” she shouted which made everyone wince back.

 

“DongWoo.” L replied simply. “It was DongWoo who attacked him. Sunggyu does not know it is his friend though.” L told her. “I would feed him my blood, but I think if would be better if you did.” He said and SungYoon nodded. She was mad, she didn’t want him to get involved in this. L placed a hand on her shoulder. “Do not forget, werewolves completely loose themselves when they transform. When DongWoo turns back into a human, he will realize it too.” He told her.

 

SungYoon nodded, bringing her wrist up to her lips. She bit into herself, puncturing her skin. She knew he was still alive, feeding him her blood would not turn him into a vampire, but the blood bond will start tonight. SungYoon then turned to YeoRum who was being nursed by L. “Are you alright?” she asked YeoRum.

 

YeoRum smiled at the girl, “It’s nothing. Just a nosebleed. I was pulling energy from the earth when it started.” She explained, waving a dismissing hand.

 

SungYoon lowered her wrist to Sunggyu’s lips, her other hand, resting under his head. “Drink Sunggyu,” she told him. “This will help you heal faster.” She cooed to him and she felt Sunggyu’s lips slightly sipping from her open wounds. She watched as his lips parted from her wrist and he was panting. SungYoon lightly lifted him up and brought him to her room. She tore off the bloody clothing he was wearing and just watched as his wounds slowly cleared up, sitting beside him on the bed.

 

He opened his eyes to see SungYoon slightly smiling towards her. “S-Sungy-yo-oon.” He said, his breath struggling.

 

“Shh…” she said soothingly, caressing his cheek. “You are still weak. You need to drink more from me.” She told him, bringing her wrist up to her lips when all of a sudden Sunggyu stopped her.

 

“Don’t.” he said weakly, finding his voice. “You’ll become weak.” He said.

 

SungYoon smiled, “The worst is over.” She told him. “For now, you need to recover and this is the only way to help you.” She said then tore in to her skin again. “Besides, through this, we are starting the blood bond.” She said.

 

Sunggyu nodded as SungYoon slowly guided him into drinking her blood. He expected it to taste like metal, like how blood usually tastes like when you accidentally bite your tongue. But it didn’t. It was like drinking his favorite tea made of cinnamon and apples. He didn’t even ask anymore, maybe it was like those vampire things. After a few seconds, he felt a wave of relief, though he didn’t know why. But when he looked at SungYoon smiling down at him, he finally understood.

 

Their blood bond has started.

 

After a few minutes, Sunggyu was asleep in SungYoon’s bed. She watched as his chest heaved up and down steadily. She tugged up the sheets, covering his chest and she went down to the living room to see Hoya sitting there, staring into the darkness. He looked at SungYoon who sat down beside her. “I can’t believe its happening all over again.” He told her. “I don’t want any more losses in our family.” He said firmly.

 

SungYoon looked at him and smiled, “we will be together for a long time Howon.” She told him simply, holding on to his hand.

 

-----

 

“Forgive me, my lord.” Elizabeth said as she bowed before him. She gave a glare towards MinSu who just had his head bowed. “They have a witch on their side. MinSu and Niel got affected by her.” She told him, her eyebrows furrowing in frustration.

 

“What are the damages they’ve caused?” he asked, his voice trying hard to be calm.

 

“They… They ripped Changjo apart and burned him.” MinSu said, his voice getting frustrated. “All five vampires against one.” He said as his hands formed into fists.

 

“Expendable.” Their boss said, rubbing his forehead, his eyes closing. “I never thought they would be able to get a witch on their side.” He breathed out. MinSu had to hold back his anger when his boss said that Changjo was expendable. How could he say such a thing? Their boss stood up and started pacing. “We need another plan.” He said, looking at Elizabeth who merely nodded. “What happened with Princess Vostokov and her boyfriend?” she asked.

 

“DongWoo has managed to make damages to Sunggyu but the princess is unharmed.” MinSu replied simply.

 

His boss nodded, pleased. “She won’t turn him yet. She’s too human to give Sunggyu eternal life.” He said, then looked to Elizabeth. “We need to keep Sunggyu alive. Whatever you do, do not harm Sunggyu. We go after Prince L.”