Chapter 12: Making her happy

Beautiful Disaster

 

Chapter 12

 

Are you sure you are well enough to go to school?” L asked as he walked down the street beside his sister who nodded in reply with a smile on her face. The two of them were talking in Slavic for a private conversation. “If you are not feeling well enough, we will go home at once.” He told her sternly.

 

“I had a dream, L. I am just fine.”She told him then turning her gaze to the ground. “A dream.” She whispered. “And it seems like dreams are the only way that I can see him, speak to him and be with him now.” She said in a low voice then looked at L who had a worried expression on his face. “I am really okay L.” she convinced him.

 

He gave her a nod. “Hoya told yesterday that you had wanted to speak to me?” he said. “What is it about?” he said.

 

Right.” She started. “Yesterday, I was studying with Sunggyu in their house and I tried compelling him but… it did not work for some reason.” She told him. “And it is puzzling me. The only explanation I can think of is Vervain or an enchanted moonstone, like ours.” She said, holding on to the necklace she wore.

 

L’s eyebrows furrowed as SungYoon told her story. He nodded and looked at SungYoon as they entered the school gates. “I will observe him and see. I will also try to look into his thoughts.” He said. “For now, I think we would have to be extra careful. And, try to distance yourself from him.” He told her and she nodded in agreement.

 

She wasn’t going to risk it. She was not going to fall in love with him. But why did Jay visit her in her dreams just to talk about him? Was he going to be someone important in her life? Someone special perhaps? There were already too many people in her life, too many that can get hurt. And she was the one who couldn’t handle separation very well.

 

For the whole duration of classes, she didn’t look at Sunggyu, she would casually nod at him and give him short answers, talking about school alone. When the lunch bell rang, she turned to look at Sunggyu to say goodbye but he had a sad look on his face. “SungYoon, did I do anything wrong to you?” he asked, looking into her eyes. “You’re acting so cold towards me. Did I hurt you or offend you in any way?” he asked.

 

She heaved a sigh. “No Sunggyu, you did nothing wrong.” She told him and he suddenly smiled. “I am the one troubled right now. Forgive me.” She said, smiling a little. “I just…” she started.

 

“Come with me. I think I know what can make you feel better.” He said, gathering her things along with his. He had a smile on his face, holding out his hand to her. “Don’t worry, we’re not skipping school or anything.” He said with a small chuckle seeing the hesitation from her. She didn’t want him to feel down again so she stood up and nodded. Sunggyu’s smile faltered a little as he dropped his hand and started walking to the door.

 

She followed him as he went to a floor up and to another corridor then entered a room. There were musical instruments everywhere and a grand piano in a corner. Sunggyu sat down in front of the piano, opening the covers and running his hand lightly on the ivory keys. “Sit down.” He said, patting the space beside him. She hesitated once again but obliged to his request.

 

He started playing a piece, closing his eyes once in a while feeling the rhythm of the song. He opened his lips and started singing.

 

I don't know the reason why I changed
I've been thinking for a long time, with many difficulties ahead
I seem to be changing quite a lot, please end this oh~
Can you hear this song?

 

He sang and looked at her at the same time. His heart was pounding in his chest. He didn’t even know if he was breathing. All he knew was, he was singing for her. He was singing because he wanted her to smile. Because he wanted her to feel better. Was it working? He barely knew. She wasn’t like any other girl that he wooed.

 

Thank you, oh baby
You're so pretty. Oh~
There's not a thing that can stop me from looking at you,
Only you I continuously see.

 

She, on the other hand, she had wanted to apologize to him. Undeniably, she’s touched by his songs and just like her lover, Sunggyu had an angel’s voice. Nothing could make her knees weak but a beautiful voice singing to her. If she still had a beating heart, then it would be as if she had been running for miles and miles. And if she really was her supposed age, she would be the happiest girl in the world.

 

But it is a burden for her. A burden that she could not bear at the moment. She needed to stop, whatever feelings she had that were developing for Sunggyu. He finished his piece and turned to her fully. “I’ve been working on that song these past few weeks. Though I haven’t finished it yet.” He told her.

 

She nodded, “Your voice…” she said, breathlessly. “It is as if angels in the sky are singing to me. Very breathtaking and very amazing.” She complimented him. “Have you any more songs to sing? I wish to hear them.” She told him, smiling. Sunggyu smiled back, his eyes disappearing and nodded, fully turning back to the piano.



 

 

L smiled as he walked out of the classroom with YeoRum. He knew it was her birthday today, it has been playing in her mind for quite some days now, thinking about how she’s going to celebrate it since her friends didn’t really deserve to be called as friends. He got her a gift and a small surprise that he asked Hoya, WooHyun and EunMi to prepare for him. “YeoRum, do you want to take a walk outside with me? I wanted to tell you something” he asked.

 

YeoRum looked at her with a questioned look, “Sure MyungSoo.” She replied and they both made their way to the front of the school then turning to the soccer field where the trees and the picnic tables were. “What did you want to tell me?” she asked as they passed the soccer field.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” Hoya, WooHyun, EunMi and MyungSoo called out as they reached the picnic table covered in a yellow cloth with food and a cake in the middle. “Do you like our surprise?” EunMi asked as Hoya and WooHyung fumbled over lighting the candles on the cake. “I’m sorry we didn’t exactly know your favorite color so we couldn’t prepare enough.” EunMi said apologetically.

 

“No, this is wonderful.” YeoRum replied, sitting on the bench, watching WooHyun light the candles. She looked up at L, and for the first time she saw a wide smile on his face and found him beautiful. “Did you plan this surprise?” she asked, slightly laughing.

 

“Indeed, I did.” MyungSoo replied. “I am hoping you like it.” He said, sitting beside her and gesturing on the cake. “Make a wish then blow out the candles.” He said. YeoRum nodded and entwined her fingers together and closing her eyes shut. He thought she looked adorable. She opened her eyes and blew out her candles. “What did you wish for?” he asked.

 

YeoRum smiled, “I made two.” She said proudly. “One is to go to the carnival this weekend. The second one is a secret.” She told him, smiling shyly. The she looked to everyone else who were just giving her huge smiles. “Do you guys want to go to the carnival this weekend?” she asked them and they nodded at her, murmuring agreements. “It’s settled them, we go to the carnival.” She said then turned back to MyungSoo who was now holding out a turquoise paper bag to her. “What’s this?” she asked, taking it from him. She pulled out a box, of the same color to the bag it came from. She then looked up at him, “Tiffany?” she asked. “Isn’t this expensive?” he asked.

 

MyungSoo laughed. Something that no one has heard in about ten years. “It is what you call, a gift.” He told her. “Go on, open it. Do not worry about how much it costs.” He told her. She opened the box and saw a gold necklace with a flower pendant studded with lavender amethysts on the petals and a diamond one in the middle. “Do you like it?” he asked and YeoRum nodded in appreciation. L took it from her hand, “turn around and I will wear it on you.” He said.

 

YeoRum obliged and turned from L. He was careful enough not to get in contact with her skin and he was successful. She turned around to look at L, “Is it okay?” she asked him. “I mean, does it look good on me?” she asked no one in particular.

 

“MyungSoo chose well. It suits you YeoRum.” EunMi replied with a smile on her face, handing out plates. “Time to eat!” she said with a smile.



 

hello guys~ sorry I keep putting like 329472938 author's notes every chapter. I just wanna show my appreciation for everyone who's reading and commenting on this story <3 I didn't imagine that I'd get almost 30 subscribers. This is my first time to write a fantasy story and I'm glad you guys are interested. <333

 

this chapter is dedicated to one of my very good friends, ninatastique because it is her birthday today! YAAAY~ happy birthday love~ if it weren't for you bugging me, this fanfic would never have pushed through. <3 so, since you can't have Edward Cullen, here's L for you <3 I love youu~~~~

 

also, thanks so much to Christine-Creations for the banner for this story <3~

 

So, for some explanation to people~

Sunggyu sang Baby Baby by 4Men to SungYoon while playing the piano. Here's a link if you want to listen to it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9tNhY1wkTI and also, here's a link of Sunggyu actually singing to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEMukTh0SNc

 

Vervain is a plant that wards off vampires. If the plant itself touches a vampire, it's the same effect as throwing them out in the sun. the part that the plant touches will burn them, it can also paralyze a vampire. It is also used by humans (in this story anyway and not by everyone) as a precaution for mystical creatures.it protects humans from their mind control. :D

 

Moonstone, as it suggests is a stone. Witches or Sorcerers can enchant the stone for various uses. In the case of this story, our vamp family (sungyoon, myungsoo, hoya, woohyun, eunmi. L.Joe and Ricky has them too.) they all have moonstones that they wear. Sungyoon has it as a charm for her necklace. It is enchanted, as to let them walk under the sun. Though it bothers them a lot.

 

any more questions? I'd love to answer them. Thanks for reading <3