Chapter 8: Trust

Beautiful Disaster

“I still think this isn’t a good idea.” Hoya complained pacing in SungYoon’s room. He stopped and looked at her through the mirror as she brushed her hair. “Maybe I should come with you two. Yeah, I think that would be a good idea.” He told himself.

 

“Howon.” SungYoon called out his name. He looked at her through the mirror once again and saw her putting a finger between her lips giving him a signal to be quiet then pointing to her ear telling him that the others could easily listen in their conversation.

 

Howon started pacing, his eyes turning into a shade of crimson. “I don’t really care if others can hear us.” He told her. “I’m worried about you.” He said, though his eyes clearly giving away what he really feels, SungYoon could hear and feel the care and sincerity coming from him.

 

SungYoon could only smile. “You do know that I need this right?” she asked him as she tied her hair back. “You’ve always told me to keep my strength up.” She said then stood up and turned to him fully. She smiled and his cheek. “Do not worry for me, young one. I know what I’m getting myself into and who I’m dealing with.” She told him.

 

He carefully moved his hand on top of hers. “Why can’t I come with you? I can’t barely think of what can possibly happen.” He said. “Please let me go with you.” He said.

SungYoon smiled as she took her hand away from him. “I will be okay. I promise you that Howon.” She said then started to walk towards the door.

“Do you still not know?” he asked all of a sudden. “My feelings for you, do you still not know it? Or you simply do not want to acknowledge it? Am I not doing enough?” he said.

 

She turned towards him, “Howon.” She started then the doorbell rang. “We will talk about this when I return.” She said then opened the door and disappeared to greet the people who came. She saw that EunMi already greeted the visitors and by the front door Ricky, L.Joe and surprisingly also ChunJi was standing there. “My lord, L.Joe.” she said then bowed.

 

“I apologize, I brought Chunji along.” He said then bowed back to SungYoon. “But you see, he was going to be all alone in our home.” He explained. SungYoon was surprised when he bowed down to her as well.  “Yes, he is very well knowledgeable about us and he has sworn to protect us and to keep this secrecy.” L.Joe said with a smile.

 

SungYoon had no choice but to nod. “But it will only be the two of us who will be hunting tonight, I assume.” She said, eyeing Ricky then turning her gaze to L.Joe who nodded in reply. She turned to Chunji and smiled. “Please, make yourself at home Chunji and you too Ricky. WooHyun has game consoles and MyungSoo has a wide collection of movies you can enjoy yourself to.” She told the boy.

 

He smiled back at her. “You should smile more SungYoon. You look more beautiful.” He complimented her. “And thank you, princess.” He said.

 

She never liked to be addressed as a princess. But everywhere she went, the title just went along so she didn’t really have much of a choice. Royalty was disappearing one by one in their world. There were four originals, the Kings and Queens. The ones they turned into vampires were called elders and they were the Princes and Princesses. To SungYoon’s knowledge, there were only two originals left and the elders, were about 8 of them.

 

“Stephanie, are you okay my dear?” L.Joe asked her. She turned her full attention on him and nodded. “Well, the night is getting deeper, let’s go shall we?” he said, gesturing to the door.

 

SungYoon nodded then turned around to look at Howon who was now by the stairs. He had a look of hurt in his eyes for a moment but it instantly disappeared as their eyes looked at each other. “Please,” she started, “entertain our guests for tonight and we will talk when I get back at dawn.” She told him once again. Howon had no choice but to nod at her request.

 

Svetlana.” SungYoon looked up and saw L standing outside the door of his room. She was surprised, no one has called her with her Slavic name in a very long time. “Do not forget your responsibility Svetlana Vostokov, my sister.” He told her in Slavic tongue that only the two of them understood. He would only use it rare occasions and was surprised to hear it again.

 

She felt wearisome that her family didn’t trust her, of what she was doing right now. She felt sad, specially with L. “Do not fret, I have not forgotten Lyev.” She replied then gave a small smile. L just turned around and entered his room once more.

 

SungYoon turned around and walked out the front door with L.Joe and with the speed of lightning, they disappeared before anyone can see them. Or at least they thought no one saw them.


Please don't get confused. >o< I had to give Stephanie and L, Slavic names to show how old they are and where they originally came from. and italicized means they were speaking Slavic. :DDD

Stephanie = Svetlana Vostokov

L = Lyev Vostokov