Chapter 11: Remember Me?

Beautiful Disaster

 

 

“Stephanie…” Hoya called out to her, his voice strained. “I don’t think you should go hunting for a while.” He said then looked at her warily. “With L.Joe I mean.”

 

She headed for home late in the afternoon, it was nearing midnight already. But time didn’t really matter with them, after all the years they have been in the earth. They have been waiting for her eyes to turn back to normal but the bright crimson color wasn’t going anywhere. “Please, leave me Howon.” She told him.

 

“No.” Hoya replied firmly. “We still have to talk.” He said, standing up and kneeling in front of her, taking one of her hands. “Do you really not know? Do you not feel it?” he asked her. “I know, you’re still suffering a loss, and I know that I cannot fill in what once was there but I can surely try.” He told her.

 

She sighed, lifting her free hand and touching Hoya’s cheek. “My dear,” she said as her hand travelled from his cheek moving up to his hair. She took a deep breath, “I know how you feel. Even before I created you.” She said, which surprised Hoya. She smiled at him, “You are my best friend. Of course I know you. Sometimes, even more than yourself.” She told him and he chuckled in return. “I know you are possessive of me, because I am your maker and that bond is very special. Just like how you are for me.” She told him straight. “Forgive me Howon, but I—I simply cannot look at you like that.” She told him. “But know this, you are very dear and very special to me. I would not know what I would do without you.”

 

Hoya nodded, understanding her completely. Just as he was nodding, a crimson tear came trudging down his cheek. A vampire crying was not the most beautiful sight with their crimson tears. “Forgive me, I did not mean to cry.” Hoya told SungYoon still kneeling in front of her. He wiped the tears away and smiled at her beautifully, “I will still be here for you, my maker.” He said, laying a kiss on her hand.

 

SungYoon smiled then gave Hoya a kiss on the forehead. “I want to rest. Please tell my brother that I would want to speak to him later.” She told him. Hoya nodded with a smile and let her hands go. He stood up and left the room, closing the door behind him.

 

**

 

She found herself walking down a familiar street. But it wasn’t the street that they were living on currently. She continued walking but there weren’t any people outside right now. Her hand travelled to her neck, looking for the necklace she’s been wearing for years. But it wasn’t there. As soon as she realized this, the sun shone brightly and she looked at her arms, she wasn't bursting into flames. What was going on? Panic was stricken in her, then she felt something weird. Something that she hasn’t felt for centuries. Her hand travelled from her neck, to her chest. A heartbeat. She had a heartbeat. But how? She looked up at the street and realized where she was.

 

She continued walking up the street and reached a big house. The house that she lived in when she was a girl. She continued walking until she reached the lake and saw a familiar male figure standing there. Her heart was throbbing loudly that she could hear it in her ear. She wanted to call out his name but she didn’t want to keep her hopes up.

 

The man turned around. “Hello Svetlana.” He said in his melodic voice. “Or do you prefer the name that I gave you?” he said then smiled. She couldn’t believe her eyes. How was he possibly alive when she saw him burn and turn into ashes. “Am I not welcomed here?” he asked.

 

She bowed down to him. “My King.” She said then stood back up. “You can call me whatever pleases you.” She told him, walking up to him slowly.

 

He laughed, and how she missed that laugh. “Are you afraid of me, Stephanie?” he asked again.

 

She waved her head. “I do not fear you, my lord. I fear that if I touch you, you will disappear once again.” She told him honestly. She was surprised when he was the one who came up to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. “Is… is this real?” she asked.

 

“If you believe that it is reality, then it is.” He said, as he hugged her close to him. “How I missed you, my love. I miss your laughs, I miss your kisses, your touch.” He whispered in her ear. “Unfortunately, you are only dreaming.” He told her truthfully. He slowly pulled away and looked deeply in her eyes. “I only wish for you to smile again, everyday. Even if it is not for me. I wish for you to fall in love again, for someone to make you happy.” He said told her. “I know that your love for me will not be any less. I do not want you to be sad and lonely because of me.”

 

“Jay.” She took the courage to say his name. “Was it a choice? To turn me into a vampire?” she asked him.

 

He smiled, “I know you have had your eyes on him.” He told her. “He is not my doppelganger, Stephanie. I know you have been wondering. And to address your question, it was not. I was not supposed to fall in love with you, but you are just so perfect for me.” He said then looked at the house. “When the house caught fire, I thought I needed to save you. I could not loose you like that. So, I saved you, and also Lyev because I knew you would not go on without him. You were almost dying, the two of you and I thought, I needed to save you. And it was the only way to truly love you.” He told her, her cheek. “There’s only our world and theirs. In between only lies suffering.” He told her honestly. “The only way for you to show your love for a human is to stay away.”

 

She nodded, understanding what he said. “But, you have taught me to be unselfish.” She told him. “You have taught me to let humans live the way they want to. How am I supposed to love him if he is human?” she asked.

 

Jay smiled, “Like I said, the only way for you to show your love for a human is to stay away.” He said. “It will still be your choice in the end, Stephanie. Do you love him enough to leave him? Or would you risk his life for your own happiness?” he said, smiling sweetly at her. He looked at his watch and waved his head. “Forgive me, my love. I have to go.” He said.

 

She looked alarmed, “No please, stay with me for a while more.” She said, holding on to him, her tears streaming down her cheek. “Please, do not leave me.” She begged.

 

He smiled at her, wiping away her tears. “I have never left you, love.” He told her. “I will always be here.” He said, pointing to her forehead, “and here.” He said, pointing to her heart. “I love you, my Stephanie.” He said then disappeared.

 

She cried, on her knees. “Please, come back! Jay! Please!” she called out. Then the field went dark and the house behind her caught fire once more. “Please, Jay. Come back.” She said, as she watched the house crumble down.

 

“Stephanie!” L called out, as she cried in her sleep, calling out his name and telling him to come back, crimson tears streaming down. “Svetlana! Svetlana!, wake up!” he said. He was worried, he didn’t know what to do this time.

 

He was surprised when she opened her eyes and sat up "Lyev... " she called out, hugging her brother. “I dreamt of him.” She whispered to him in Slavic, her crimson tears, still falling. “He said he loves me.” She cried like a little girl who had a nightmare as her brother shushed her to calm down. “And… he told me to fall in love.”



 

Author's Note: I saw Jstarr's comment about why Hoya went looking for her, here's an explanation. Makers/Creators have special bonds with the vampires they make. SungYoon was the one who turned Hoya into a vampire so whatever happens to SungYoon, Hoya would feel it. And that goes the same for Hoya, whatever happens to him, SungYoon would be able to feel it too. 

Hope that clarified stuff. :D

oh and if y'all were wondering, SungYoon's maker is Jay Park <3 LOL.