Chapter 3: Curiosity

Beautiful Disaster

 

before I update, first, I just wanna say thank you for 7 subscribers. <3 it'd be great to read some feedback from you guys too. I love reading comments from my stories.

and second, I'm sorry if this is turning out kind of like twilight-ish (I don't know if that's a good thing XD). I promise chapter 4 will be different. :))


SungYoon opened her eyes. The sun was already up between the clouds in the sky, it was already in her system to recognize light and darkness. She sat up from her bed and looked up as Hoya came inside her room. “Good morning.” He said with a brief nod and a smile. “We need to go hunting before school starts.” He informed her.

 

“I’m not hungry Howon.” She said, standing up and walking towards the bookshelf. “You can all enjoy yourselves. I would be able to control my thirst.” She said, pulling out a book and flipping through it.

 

Hoya sighed, trying to keep his temper in place. After all, he didn’t have any right to get mad at his elder and his creator. “Stephanie, I know you can control your thirst, you have done it for many years. I’m asking you to go hunting because I don’t want you to become weak. We need you. I need you.” Hoya told her. “Please.”

 

SungYoon closed the book she was looking at and glanced at Hoya. Being an elder, she could sense emotions but not completely know them. Right now, she felt Hoya’s aura as frustrated and yet at the same time concerned. She’s known for a long time now, on how Hoya felt about her. But it was different with them, being someone’s companion was like giving your other half, literally. Which is why when SungYoon’s companion died, she felt herself ripping, thinning.

 

She knew it in herself that she needed the hunt. She placed the book back on the bookshelf and looked at Hoya intently. “I will be joining the hunt then.” She said, glancing outside, watching the city be touched by the sunlight. She looked up at Hoya again, who was now wearing a huge grin. “Howon, we are in the middle of the city, where are we hunting?” she asked.

 

Hoya smiled at her, “We are going to the outskirts of the city to hunt. Don’t worry, WooHyun and I already surveyed the area earlier today. It’s perfect. We already bought tents for a two-day camp.” He said then pointing towards WooHyun who just passed by SungYoon’s room. Hoya turned back to SungYoon and smiled again. “So, pack up a change of clothes and we’ll leave by sun down.”

 

Sunggyu walked into the computer shop, saying hi to some of his friends.  He walked around, looking for familiar faces. “Hyung!” a young voice called out. Sunggyu looked behind him and found a boy, quite younger than he is, waving his hand wearing a headset. “Over here, Sunggyu hyung!” he called out again.

 

Sunggyu smiled and walked towards his friend. “Hey SungJong.” He said and sat down next to him. “You’re here early.” He said, putting on a headset of his own. “Are you ready to get beaten?” he asked with a smirk on his face. He looked both sides, like searching. “Where’s DongWoo and SungYeol?” Sunggyu asked, clicking on an icon on the computer.

 

SungJong shrugged in reply then pulled out his phone. “I’ll give DongWoo hyung a call right now.” He said, tapping his phone a bit then holding it up his ear. “DongWoo hyung, are you with SungYeol hyung? We’re at the computer shop right now waiting for you guys.” He said after a few second he stood up and waved his hand then hanged up.

 

“So…” DongWoo started, taking a seat next to SungJong, “are you guys ready to get your asses kicked?” he said with a smug smile. “Sungyeol and I have been… practicing.” He said, clicking on things at the computer.

 

“Hey, Sunggyu hyung are you okay?” SungYeol asked, taking a seat next to him. “My mom heard from your mom that you almost got hit by a car yesterday?” he asked. DongWoo and SungJong gave him looks as well.

 

“I didn’t okay. Don’t worry about it.” Sunggyu replied, his eyes pasted on the computer screen. He’s been avoiding the topic since yesterday. He couldn’t stop thinking about her. His curiosity towards her, he was so restless, that even if he closed his eyes, it would be her face that he sees. He needed to know who she is.