Chapter 24: For his own good

Beautiful Disaster

 

The whole living room was dim, L, YeoRum and SungYoon were sitting on the floor, surrounded by candles that weren’t lit yet. “Are you sure this is going to work?” SungYoon asked YeoRum. “I mean, I do not want to wear you out YeoRum. There are other ways to track Sunggyu.” She told the girl.

 

YeoRum smiled. “It’s gonna be fine SungYoon.” She said, placing a warm hand on top of hers. “I’ve already tried this tracking spell.” She said then closed her eyes, concentrating. SungYoon watched anxiously as YeoRum was whispering some spells.

 

Ritrovamento. Ritrovamento. Ritrovamento.

 

They could all hear her chanting the same words over and over again. And all of a sudden, all the candles sparked on their own. Then YeoRum opened her eyes. She smiled at no one in particular. “Chant with me. Ritovamento Sunggyu.” She said and everyone nodded. “Follow the way I would say it. Or else we might mess up the spell.” She said then closed her eyes once more.

 

Ritovamento Sunggyu. Ritovamento Sunggyu. Ritovamento Sunggyu.

 

They all bowed their heads and closed their eyes, chanting along with YeoRum slowly making sure they were pronouncing the words correctly. Then everyone heard her gasp. It was a short and small gasp but everyone in the room heard it. Everyone else opened up their eyes, looking at YeoRum who had her eyebrows scrunching up. Then YeoRum felt herself breaking through him. “I see a room with a huge hall. Sunggyu is bound, he cannot move. He’s afraid, he doesn’t know what to do.” She said then opened her eyes, causing all the candles to die out. “They want you, SungYoon.” She said carefully, looking at the girl.

 

SungYoon was afraid. “Who are they?” she asked YeoRum, even if she already knew the answer to her question.

 

“The wolves.” She replied simply.

 

Panic struck her body. Everyone could tell the fear in her eyes. Hoya suddenly stood up, he felt mad, no one in their family deserved this. “We have to think of something before we do any further action.” He said, holding back at rage in his voice. “We can’t just let Stephanie enter that house without any plan.” He said, looking at his family.

 

“What’s taking so long?” Niel asked impatiently, glancing at his watch then looking at MinSu. “It’s almost full moon. Why isn’t she here yet?” he asked then looked at DongWoo who was peeking at his friend, sitting on that lone chair.

 

DongWoo felt guilty. He could have said no. He could have sat this one out, but he wanted to prove something. To whom though? And why? Sunggyu knew what she was and he loves her. He was told that his friend would never get hurt, but in a house with a pack of werewolves and vampires? That would be virtually impossible. He was bound to get hurt.

 

“DongWoo.” MinSu barked at him and he looked up at their Alpha. He threw a bottle of water and some bread towards the boy. “Give him something to eat.” He said then turned to Changjo, “let’s go Changjo, we need to report to Elizabeth.” He said and Changjo nodded, following the guy to the second floor of the house.

 

DongWoo sighed and stood up, walking towards Sunggyu. It was the first time he would be seeing him eye to eye after his stunt this afternoon. “Sunggyu.” He called out to him, stopping in front of his friend. Sunggyu looked at him with a glare, while DongWoo gave him an apologetic look. “I’m really sorry, but this is for your own good.” He said.

 

Sunggyu gave a disapproving noise. “What do you know about it? How do you know that it is for my own good?” he replied bitterly. “All I know is my friend tricked me and tied me up, luring the person I love into an ambush. Way to go DongWoo.” He said sarcastically.

 

“How can you love her?” DongWoo asked back. He felt angry, “How can you love a monster!?”

 

Just then, the door banged open. YeoRum was by the door, her hands slightly lifted from her sides, chanting incantations as she blew wind into the house. DongWoo and Sunggyu looked towards the door and saw YeoRum outside with SungYoon. MinSu suddenly appeared with a smirk on his face. “I didn’t realize that the Princess Vostokov would be stupid enough to come on her own.” He said, standing by the lobby of the room. “Would you like to come inside?” he smirked, gesturing towards the house, specifically to Sunggyu.

 

SungYoon smirked. “I know it is a full moon and I am alone.” She said with a sarcastic smile. “And yet, MinSu, I am here outside for you to feast on, while you are in the comfort of this home that is infested with your kind, that you have graciously asked me to enter.” She said with a shrug. “But of course, you know of this already.” She told him. “What are you waiting for? Or is the Alpha male too coward to face a princess.” She taunted.

 

MinSu snarled at her, about to storm outside until Niel held him back. “It might be a trap.” Niel warned him but MinSu didn’t care. She insulted him, and that’s all that’s ringing in his ears right now. MinSu, still in his human form lunged towards SungYoon who just smiled. He was so near her, he could feel his hands on and all of a sudden, she jumped into the air and disappeared.

 

“. Where did she go?” MinSu asked, raging mad. Then he felt a mind blowing pain in his head, he groaned out loud. “Where is it coming from!?” he asked, his head in his hands, attempting to block out whatever was hurting him. He attempted to look around but found no one. “NIEL! CHANGJO! DONGWOO!” he called out.

 

As soon as Niel stepped out of the house, he felt the searing pain through his head. “DON’T!” he shouted to the other two. “If you step out of the house, you will feel it too.” He groaned out in pain. Then he saw it, Niel saw YeoRum, her lips moving and her hands raising higher. “It’s the girl.” He groaned, turning to Changjo. But he couldn’t attack her unless he goes out. He rounded inside the house looking for a nearer way to approach her.

 

L held on to YeoRum tighter, giving her energy. “Are you sure you can hold them all off?” he asked and she simply nodded in reply. She couldn’t stop chanting or the spell would be broken. L turned to Hoya and nodded. Hoya quickly moved towards the back door. Where he was expecting Changjo to come out and he did.

 

Hoya quickly held on to Changjo, twisting his arms to his back. “Struggle and I will break you in half.” Hoya warned him and Changjo glared at him. “Walk with me to the front door.” He commanded and Changjo obliged. As soon as they reached the front of the house, SungYoon gracefully landed. “Are you alright?” he asked her.

 

SungYoon nodded then slowly made her way towards the house, MinSu and Niel holding onto their heads and Changjo with Hoya. She had a couple of minutes before they transformed into werewolves. A few more minutes to negotiate with DongWoo, to save Sunggyu. “Good evening DongWoo.” She greeted him with a curt bow. “I need to get Sunggyu out of here right now.” She said impatiently. “I know you only want me. So let him go, and I will not leave.” She told him.

 

DongWoo’s eyebrows furrowed, “How do I know you’re telling the truth?” he asked her. “How can I trust you?”

 

SungYoon smiled. “You should not. But you can believe me.” She told him. “I only want him safe, more than anything. In exactly 5 minutes, you and your friends are going to turn into werewolves, and there is a huge chance that Sunggyu will get hurt. I only want him safe. Let him go, let him be with YeoRum to be safe at least.” She told him.

 

DongWoo’s hard eyes softened. He quickly removed the binds that was holding Sunggyu down. “Go, Sunggyu. You don’t need to get hurt.” He told his friend who was confused. “GO! WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!?” he shouted at her.

 

Fear engulfed him but he walked towards SungYoon, “I can’t DongWoo.” He told him, glancing at SungYoon and back at his friend. “I have to protect her.” He told him.

 

DongWoo was frustrated. “Don’t make me regret this Sunggyu.” He said, holding on to the silver latch that was holding Sunggyu down earlier.

 

He lifted it up then suddenly he felt something lurch inside of him. SungYoon’s eyes widened in horror. “We have to hurry, he is transforming.” She said, grabbing on to Sunggyu and dragging him by the front door. “Sunggyu, hold on to me.” She told him and he did, “If you are afraid of heights, close your eyes.” She said simply.

 

As soon as she turned towards the door, she watched Hoya struggle as ChangJo transformed into a wolf. No, she couldn’t loose Hoya. Not now, not ever. She broke away from Sunggyu, looking at him “Run to YeoRum, she would be able to protect you.” She said, nodding towards the girl who was still chanting. Sunggyu nodded and ran to YeoRum.

 

SungYoon ran towards Hoya, pulling Changjo away from him and snarling with her red eyes and her fangs out. ChangJo was a fully transformed when he turned towards Hoya and SungYoon, snarling as well. “Howon, run to your left.” She told him and he looked at her then nodded. The two of them ran opposite directions, Changjo normally trailed towards SungYoon.

 

Changjo continued running, following her scent. Then he realized the scent stopped after a few minutes of running. Then he found it, he found several scents that he got confused which one to follow. He tried to follow the closest one to SungYoon’s scent taking him to the edge of the forest.

 

Then like the speed of light, ChangJo felt his arms and legs being pulled, he saw all four vampires, Hoya, WooHyun, EunMI and L tugging on his body parts then SungYoon walked towards him. “A life for a life.” She said with her cold ruby eyes then Changjo cried out in pain as his body parts got ripped.

 

L panted but quickly disappeared. SungYoon understood, YeoRum was the only one protecting herself and Sunggyu. She turned to WooHyun and EunMi, then looked at the ripped parts of Changjo’s wolf form. “Burn it.” She said and the two nodded, quickly gathering firewood and setting the parts a blaze.

 

SungYoon turned to Hoya, she was about to say something until she felt her brother. Her eyes widened in horror, “we have to get back. YeoRum and Sunggyu are hurt.” She told him.