Chapter 15: There's no such thing, right?

Beautiful Disaster

 

Chapter 15

 

SungYeol was arguing with SungJong as Sunggyu walked, holding the huge teddy bear he won for SungYoon earlier. What happened to her, he wondered. And was she okay? Was she sick all this time? There were so many questions spinning in his mind that it was giving him a headache.

 

“There they are!” SungYeol called out, spotting WooHyun and EunMi. They quickly walked up to the couple. “Hey, have you guys seen MyungSoo and YeoRum?” he asked.

 

“No, we haven’t.” WooHyun replied. “Where’s Hoya and SungYoon?” he asked, noticing that the two weren’t with them.

 

“Yeah, that’s the thing. Something happened to SungYoon noona. Me and SungYeol hyung were with Hoya hyung when he said he felt something’s wrong. So he started running and we saw SungYoon noona on the ground. And then he took her home.” SungJong explained.

 

WooHyun gave EunMi a look and nodded. “Let’s spread out and try to look for them. Let’s do it as quick as possible. Let’s meet outside at the parking lot instead.” He said. The others nodded in reply.

 

MyungSoo and YeoRum just finished riding the ferris wheel. “I’ve really wanted to go here for so long, you know?” YeoRum told him. “Glad I can do it with friends.” She smiled at him. “And you are my angel for bringing me and everyone else here tonight.”

 

He wanted to hold her hand, but she would only notice how cold his hands were. There were just so many things that he wanted to do with her. So many things that he was willing to tell her, if she was willing to listen. “No, it’s thanks to you that we are all here. Our family, we do not get to go out as much as we want to.” He explained.

 

YeoRum smiled and they continued walking. A person accidentally bumped into her, causing her to lunge forward to L. She held on to his arm accidentally and was surprised at what flashed before her eyes. It has never happened before, but the flashes bothered her more than his cold skin. She looked up at him, surprised. “I know what you are.” She whispered to him.

 

“What?” MyungSoo asked, clearly confused.

 

“I said, I know what you are.” She repeated and inched closer to him. “You’re a vampire.” She said in a low voice.

 

MyungSoo was surprised. But there was no point in denying the truth. “And, you are not afraid?” he asked.

 

She slowly lowered her grip from L’s arm to his hand, “No.” she said comfortably and smiled. “If you were going to do something bad to me, then you would have done it already.” She explained as they continued walking. “And besides, I really like you.” She told him truthfully.

 

“How did you know? With one touch?” L asked.

 

She giggled. “I have my own secrets.” She told him and urged him to come closer, so he did. “I’m a witch.” She whispered to him.

 

He was surprised. He hasn’t met a lot of witches before. “Is that the reason why I find it so difficult to read you?” he asked and she nodded proudly. “I will keep that in mind then.” He said.

 

“L!” WooHyun called out as he finally found him. WooHyun ran and held his shoulder. “Stephanie. Something happened. We have to go.” He said.

 

Hoya was sitting on the floor as he watched his maker drink blood out of a blood bag. She took a deep breath when she was finally done with a third one. “Are you all better?” he asked her anxiously, his eyes were already a crimson color. It has already been 30 minutes since they were home.

 

“Yes, thank you Howon.” SungYoon replied, blinking as her eyes, once black was now bright red. “I will be explaining once everyone is at home. I’m suspecting L.Joe will be coming tonight.” She said. In a matter of seconds, L, WooHyun and EunMi were back home.

 

“What happened?” L asked, sitting next to her.

 

SungYoon sighed and was about to answer when they heard a knock on the door. WooHyun walked towards the door and opened it. L.Joe staggered inside. He sat down on the floor by Hoya. “Tell me, what happened to Ricky.” She demanded.

 

“Ricky…” L.Joe started, looking deeply into SungYoon’s eyes and knew what she went through. “He’s gone.” He finished. “We were out hunting and I did not know that someone was hunting us too.” He explained. “I am really sorry SungYoon. I know what this is doing to you.” He said then bowed to her.

 

“I saw a flash of yellow eyes.” SungYoon told him. “Was it an animal? The one who attacked Ricky?” she asked.

 

“I…” L.Joe started. “I saw a wolf.” He said honestly. “I am suspecting it’s a werewolf that attacked Ricky.”

 

Everyone turned silent, looking at L.Joe. “That’s not possible.” EunMI called out, slightly laughing. “There’s no such thing as werewolves, right?” she asked, looking at WooHyun.

 

L.Joe looked at SungYoon. “Your family members are still too young.” He told SungYoon then turned to EunMi. “You are still too young my dear. Werewolves exist, and we believed that they are extinct… until now.” He said.

 

“But, my lord, werewolves in Seoul?” MyungSoo asked. “Ricky is quite old, he was created before Hoya, how was it that he could not defend himself?” he asked.

 

L.Joe waved his head. “A single werewolf bite is lethal to vampires. When we got attacked, Ricky got bitten. Fear was written all over his face. He chose to die.” He explained. “And, there were a number of werewolves.” He said. “I know it is alarming and I do not know if there are more.” He said. “For now, we need to sense for a witch or a sorcerer because we would not be able to fight this alone.” He said.

 

“My lord,” SungYoon called out. “We have a couple more blood bags here, please have some before you leave. I will be calling Chunji so you have someone with you.” She said then excused herself. She was about to go up to her room when the doorbell rang.

 

She approached the door and was about to hold her hand out to the knob when she felt L’s hand on her shoulder. “Sunggyu is the one behind the door.” He explained. “If you want him to see your eyes bright red, by all means, open it.” He said. SungYoon inched away from the door and sped up to the stairs. “Do not worry sister, I will take care of it.” He said.

 

He opened the door and there he was, Sunggyu, holding on to the teddy bear. “Hi MyungSoo. I came back because SungYoon forgot this.” He said, showing the teddy bear. “And I was wondering if she was okay.”

 

L smiled. “Thank you for your regard for my sister. She is resting already, I can leave the bear in her room for you.” He said, offering his hand out. Sunggyu nodded and handed the bear to him. “Do not worry Sunggyu, she is okay. I will tell her you dropped by.” He said. Sunggyu nodded and started walking off.

 

L closed the door and went up to her sister’s room to find her standing by the window, watching Sunggyu leave. He smiled as he settled the bear at the foot of her bed. “My sister, do you fancy him?” he asked.

 

SungYoon looked back and smiled. “I will tell you when I find out.” She told him honestly, sitting down on her bed beside the huge bear. “He is very kind. But I do not know enough. I do not know if he is going to be scared, or if he will accept me.” She told him, holding the bear. “How about you brother, I sense that you are very happy right now.”

 

“Indeed, very happy.” He said, sighing and sitting next to her. “YeoRum, she has accepted me.” He said excitedly. “She knows what I am, what we are and it is fine with her.” He told his sister. “I also discovered that she is a witch.” SungYoon widened her eyes in surprise. “She is coming again tomorrow so I can formally introduce everyone.” He said.

 

SungYoon smiled, “I am happy for you my brother.” She said giving him a hug. “I can tell that she is very wonderful.”

 

He gave her a soft look, “I do hope that you are okay. It hasn’t been long since he has been gone, and now you’ve had another loss.” He said, holding on to her arm. “And, it would be fair, dear sister, for Sunggyu to know the truth.” He said then stood up and walked towards the door, “He is falling in love with you already.”