Chapter 19: Let's just sleep

Beautiful Disaster

 

Chapter 19

 

Sunggyu decided to stay with SungYoon that evening. She tried to act as normal as she could with him. Sunggyu followed her to the kitchen, watching EunMi and WooHyun cook for dinner. “So, he knows already right?” WooHyun asked with a grin. “Welcome to the family Sunggyu.” He said, shaking his hand.

 

Sunggyu nodded with a smile then leaned towards SungYoon. “Is he a vampire as well? Or is EunMi the vampire?” he whispered to her. Then he noticed EunMi taking at peek at him and smiling slightly waving her head. “Why is she laughing at me?” he whispered to SungYoon again.

 

“Because, Kim Sunggyu, everyone in this house, apart from you, is a vampire.” EunMi replied for SungYoon. “I’m the youngest here, then there’s WooHyun, Hoya, L and Stephanie.” She explained, chopping vegetables. EunMi then turned to SungYoon who was eating some tomatoes, “By the way Stephanie, L stepped out for a while.” She said to which SungYoon nodded in reply.

 

Sunggyu watched as WooHyun and EunMi worked in synchronization in cooking for dinner. His mouth was hanging open when WooHyun dodged quickly the knife that EunMi was holding as he reached out for a piece of bread. SungYoon smiled, “It is amazing. Is it not?” SungYoon asked him and he merely nodded in reply. “It is because they are bonded together by blood. A maker, in their case it is WooHyun, shares a special bond to his or her creation, this is EunMi. Even before WooHyun made EunMi into a vampire, they have been lovers already.” She told him.

 

Sunggyu nodded, trying to understand what she meant. It was still difficult for him to digest all this knowledge about vampires. Then he noticed her expression softening up a bit. “How about you?” he suddenly asked which surprised SungYoon. “Your maker, is your bond with him as special as this?” he asked. He naturally felt jealous. If that was how special, how close the bond is with vampires and their makers.

 

SungYoon smiled. “He was very special to me.” She told him honestly. “He and I had spent more than 300 years together. He was my other half. He taught me how to love life, even with what we are. He was everything to me.” She said with a small laugh. “I loved him so much more than my own life. He told me of the humanity I can keep amidst the monster that I really am. He taught all of us.” She said, motioning to WooHyun and EunMi.

 

The way she expressed her love for her maker too his breath away. He never knew that a vampire could feel that much emotions. But then, he noticed that she kept talking in past tense about him. “Where is he now? I mean, if you both loved each other than much, why isn’t he here with you?” he asked curiously.

 

SungYoon looked away from him. “He perished from this world already, not 7 months ago.” She told him. “He… I watched as his body weakened, as fire engulfed his body. I felt myself thinning in front of him, like my soul was being ripped apart again.” She told him. Sunggyu placed a hand on her shoulder. “You don’t have to be sorry. You did not do anything wrong. You were curious, naturally.” She told him with a smile. Sunggyu just nodded in reply, giving her a smile.

 

Then she felt it. She quickly stood up. WooHyun also dropped the glass he was holding. “Something is wrong.” She said then looked at WooHyun. “Did you feel anything?” she asked him to which WooHyun nodded. “Where is Howon?” she asked then turned to Sunggyu. “Stay here, no matter what you do, never take off this bracelet. It will protect you.” She told him. Sunggyu merely nodded and watched as WooHyun and SungYoon move in full speed, searching the house.

 

Sunggyu turned to EunMi who has a stricken look but tried to keep her focus on cooking. EunMi turned to him and smiled. “Don’t worry about it.” She told him then the doorbell rang. “Stay here.” EunMi said walking to the door. EunMi opened the door and was surprised when SungYoon swooped down and growled at the person there, pinning him to the door with her hand on his throat. “Stephanie!”she said in alarm. “It’s Hoya!” she said.

 

SungYoon didn’t let go. Her eyes were blazing red, her fangs fully out, she was growling. “Who are you?” she asked him. “TELL ME! WHO ARE YOU!?” she shouted once more.

 

Hoya looked at her in fear. “Stephanie, it’s me.” His voice struggling from her grip. He could barely breathe, let alone speak. “It’s me! Your Howon!” he told her, pleadingly.

 

SungYoon didn’t let go, she didn’t even loosen her hold on him. “If you are indeed mine, when were you turned?” she asked him, still using her fierce voice, snarling at him.

 

“October 25, 1745. It was raining and I just came from your new house. I was robbed and stabbed 12 times on my back and once on my heart. That’s when you came to me and saved me.” He told her. That’s when she finally let him go. He choked as she let go of his throat, coughing as he regained his breathing. “What happened?” Hoya asked as SungYoon turned away.

 

And before SungYoon could answer, L appeared by the door, his clothes were all torn up and YeoRum was there, helping him up. Hoya and WooHyun hurriedly helped them inside. “Blood, get him some blood.” SungYoon called out and EunMi ran in and out of them kitchen, holding 2 blood bags and giving them to L. “What happened brother?” she asked.

 

L was drinking down the whole blood bag before he turned to SungYoon. “Werewolves.” He replied shortly. “I was just finished feeding and I was attacked by 4 of them.” He told her then glanced at YeoRum, “I was lucky enough that YeoRum was there with me when it happened. She threw them off.” He explained the torn up clothing of the both of them. Sunggyu didn’t know what to do, he just stood there watching what was happening before him.  He was surprised when L looked at him, “he knows.” He stated.

 

SungYoon nodded in reply then looked at WooHyun and Hoya, “Please, help him to his room.” She said and the two nodded, helping L up and the three of them went to L’s room. She then turned to YeoRum, “It would be best if you stayed with him for tonight.” She said and YeoRum nodded with a small smile. SungYoon handed YeoRum a blood bag and she walked up the stairs and into L’s room. Then finally she turned to Sunggyu, “are you alright?” she asked and he nodded.

 

He walked up to her and he gently caressed her cheeks, nearing her eyes. “Your eyes are like rubies.” He told her in a whisper. She had forgotten that they were still red. Sunggyu noticed the clicking sound and her fangs immediately disappeared. “Are you starting to calm down?” he asked and she nodded. He then smiled at her. “If that’s how you’re like when you’re mad, then I should remember never to cross you or piss you off then.” He said which made her laugh.

 

She took his hand, enveloping it in his. “I think it would be better if you spent the night here.” She told him. “I will not be able to forgive myself if anything happens to you.” She said, looking into his eyes. “Please, stay the night.” She told him. He smiled and nodded in reply.

 

YeoRum started walking down the stairs. “L said he wanted more blood.” She told them with a smile then her eyes travelled to Sunggyu. “Oh, Sunggyu I didn’t see you there.” She said then her eyes travelled to their joined hands. “So, you’re not only my step brother now but also my brother-in-law?” she said jokingly.

 

“Wait,” SungYoon said. “She is your step-sister?” she asked Sunggyu who nodded in reply. “But you are not a sorcerer?” she asked which puzzled him.

 

“We have the same father SungYoon.” YeoRum explained. “My mother is the witch, she re-married Sunggyu’s father. Which makes us related by law.” She told SungYoon who nodded in reply. She smiled at SungYoon. “I gave him that moonstone when we started high school. I know you’re probably wondering.” She said. SungYoon nodded and YeoRum continued to the kitchen.

 

Sunggyu followed SungYoon to her room. It had a king-sized bed on it. Everything was white with black accents. “Stay here.” She said then walked out of the room and came back a few second after. “Here, these are Howon’s clothing. You can wear them for tonight.” He nodded in reply then walked to the bathroom.

 

A few minutes after, he found her already wearing her pajama bottoms and a tank top, looking outside her window. He walked towards her, wrapping his arms around her. He planted a kiss on her shoulder. “What are you thinking of?” he whispered in her ear. She turned around, placing her arms around him and waved her head in reply. “Just, forget all those worries tonight okay?” he told her and she nodded at him with a small smile. “Let’s just sleep.”