Chapter 21: Blood Bond

Beautiful Disaster

 

Chapter 21

 

“Stephanie, I’m going out to hunt with EunMi.” WooHyun told the girl as he peeked into her room. She was sitting on her desk, reading a book. “Do you want to come with us?” he asked her. “It’s better if you come with one of us.”

 

SungYoon looked at WooHyun with a smile. “Okay, I will be down in just a few minutes.” She said, putting her book down on her table. WooHyun nodded and closed the door, going down to meet EunMi. SungYoon tied her hair up and put on a black hoodie then went down. WooHyun and EunMi were already waiting by the door.

 

The three of them rushed out the house, moving at the speed of light, to the outskirts of the city. “SungYoon, what’s your plan about Sunggyu?” EunMi asked curiously. “I mean, YeoRum is a witch after all, she can protect herself from wolves and she can also help L like she did. What about Sunggyu?” she asked her.

 

“A blood bond would be enough.” She replied. “When we are bonded, I would be able to know if he is in danger.” She replied, giving a smile to EunMi. “I do not wish for him a cursed life like ours EunMi. We only turn those who are near death. He does not deserve to live like this. He has a mother, friends, family. I do not want to take that away from him.”

 

They hunted for animals, drinking their blood then burying the bodies. After almost 3 hours, they returned to their home. Hoya was racing with Sunggyu, on the PS3 and L was watching the two of them. “Looks like you guys are having fun.” SungYoon told them.

 

Sunggyu glanced at her and smiled. “I’ve beaten Hoya twice.” He said proudly as he crossed the finish like. “Make that three times.” He said proudly then gave the controller to L and stood up then walked with SungYoon to the kitchen. “I was worried when I got here and you were out.” He told her. “I thought something might have happened to you.” He said.

 

SungYoon smiled at him. “Do not worry much for me, I can take care of myself.” She told him, looking for something to eat. “Do you want anything?” she asked, searching the fridge like a normal person.

 

Sunggyu couldn’t help it any longer, he was curious. “What’s a blood bond?” he asked curiously.

 

SungYoon stared at him. “So you know? I am guessing that Howon told you about it.” She said, closing the door to the fridge. “A blood bond, as it suggests is a bond between a vampire and another vampire or a mortal. Put simply, blood bond is one of the most potent emotional sensations known. You will feel an attachment to whoever you have bonded with.” She told him.

 

Sunggyu got even more curious. “How do you form this blood bond?” he asked further. “I’m sorry if I’m getting a bit nosy about it.” He said.

 

She waved her head in reply. “Not at all.” She told him. “A blood bond is formed when a blood bound, in our case if you want to, it will be you, will drink out of his or her regnant, that would be me. This has to be done three times, on three separate nights. It does not have to be consecutive though, then on the third night, the blood bond is finally formed.”

 

Sunggyu nodded, taking in all that she said. “Are you curious?” SungYoon asked which surprised him. “If I am willing to give you my blood, are you curious?” she asked again and he nodded in reply. “I am only willing if you are. This bond, is much more than friendship, family, and love. It can also involve lust, and even death on your part. You will be bound to me, and only to me just like Howon, you will be able to feel all that I feel, and I will be the same to you.” She explained.

 

“So, you have a blood bond with Hoya?” he asked, confused.

 

“No Sunggyu. Howon and I have something more powerful than a blood bond. You can think of it like this, Howon is like my child. I created him, naturally I love and care for him. We have a special bond of a maker and a vampire. He is a companion to me. If we are going to form this blood bond, you would be my consort. A consort is an OtherKin lover, it is the closest thing as marriage to a vampire.”

 

Sunggyu nodded, “Understand this Sunggyu, I want you to be bonded to me, not because I want to hurt you, but because I want to protect you. I must be honest with you, there might be a war that is upon our kind. And this is the only way I can think of that I can protect you.” She told him.

 

He slowly took her hand and squeezed it. “You always think about me, about protecting me. Isn’t that supposed to be my job? To look after you? To protect you?” he told her then slightly laughed. “You make it look like I’m helpless. I can protect you too SungYoon.” He felt as if SungYoon was stepping on his manliness, making him seem like he was helpess. Like he couldn't do anything.

 

“I am not looking down on you Sunggyu.” She told him. “You do not know what you are going against. My family is afraid, it is only me and L that knows what we are up against. I am expecting that you would not understand.” She told him. “And I think, for now, that I should stay away from you. We both should stay away from each other.” She pulled away from his grasp and in a flash, she went into her room and locked the door.

 

Sunggyu sighed. It wasn’t what he was expecting, but maybe it really was for the best.