Chapter 23: Missing

Beautiful Disaster

 

Class already ended and SungYoon noticed that Sunggyu’s disappeared after lunch. She never heard him speaking during homeroom today. That was odd. She was in the parking lot, watching his car waiting for him to approach it. She finally saw SungJong ang SungYeol coming out of the school and quickly approached them. “Have you two seen Sunggyu after lunch today?” she asked them.

 

SungYeol gave her a scowl. “Like you care.” He said, dodging SungYoon but then he stopped and turned around. “If you really care about him, why can’t you just make up with him? It’s funny how you show your affection to someone you love.” He said with a slight smirk.

 

SungYoon was a little annoyed and frustrated. She didn’t need a lecture, she just wanted an answer. “You did not answer my question SungYeol.” She told him, her voice slightly changing. “Should I ask my question again or are you going to tell me?” she asked, trying hard not to get mad at the young boy in front of her.

 

SungYeol hesitated but sighed, rolling his eyes. “No, I haven’t seen him since lunch time. He probably ditched classes or something.” He said with a mild shrug. “Have you tried calling him?” he asked, bringing out his own phone, dialing his friend’s number. He just got a busy tone. “That’s odd. He never lets his phone batteries die out.” He said then looked at SungYoon. “Maybe he’s at home.” He said comfortably.

 

“SungYeol, his car his still here in the parking lot.” She said, pointing to the red car nearby. “I am sure he would not go home without his car.” She told him sternly. “Do you know if anyone has any reason to hurt Sunggyu?” she asked and SungYeol made a face frantically waving his head. SungYoon sighed. “Thank you for your time.” She said and started walking away.

 

They got home but SungYoon was pacing in the living room. “Sister, nothing is going to happen if you continue walking around like that.” L said, flipping the channels on tv. He suddenly turned to her, “Do you want me to try and sense him?” he asked.

 

SungYoon frowned, “We have not blood bonded L.” she said simply then sighed, sitting down on a chair. “I was thinking if YeoRum would be able to track him, but they are not blood related as well.” She said. “What if this is my fault that he is missing?” she asked L.

 

L stood up and sat next to her. “Do not worry, he will be back.” He told her, putting an arm around her. “Maybe there is another way to look for him.” He told SungYoon who just looked up at him with a question. “When is the full moon?” he asked.

 

SungYoon’s eyes widened. “Please, no.”

 

Sunggyu woke up, half expecting to see himself in a deserted warehouse probably in the outskirts of the city. But he was surprised, he was bound not by chains or rope but by thick silver threads. And not only that, he was inside a huge house that he has never seen before. That was weird. He then remembered what happened earlier.

 

“You’re awake.” A familiar voice said. As Sunggyu turned his head, he was surprised to see MinSu, DongWoo’s friend with a grin on his face. “You’re probably wondering why you’re here huh? Well, promise you’ll find out as soon as your girlfriend gets here.” He said, chuckling to himself.

 

Girlfriend? Was he talking about SungYoon? “Well, it’ll disappoint you to know that we aren’t together anymore.” Sunggyu spat at him.

 

But MinSu smirked. “Doesn’t mean she’s not going to come.” He retorted then started walking off.