Chapter 14: Questions

Beautiful Disaster

 

Chapter 14

 

“I can’t believe DongWoo hyung is still sick.” SungJong said as they walked away from Sunggyu’s house and down the street to their friends’ house. “I mean, how can someone have fever for almost 4 days now? Poor DongWoo hyung must be in pain right now.” SungJong said, slightly frowning.

 

“We’ll just have fun for him.” SungYeol suggested and laughed. He earned a glare from both Sunggyu and SungJong, “What? It’s not like he’s dead and we can’t just mope around about him being sick while we’re in the carnival with some friends, supposedly having fun.” He explained. “Come on guys.” He said.

 

“Fine, fine. Just, stop talking you’re giving me a headache.” Sunggyu said, stopping in front of SungYoon’s house. “Here we are.” He said, walking up the front porch and ringing the doorbell. He was surprised when SungYoon was the one who opened the door. “Oh.” It escaped from his lips. She was wearing a plain black shirt, red shorts and gray stockings paired with boots. “G-Good morning SungYoon.” He said. He wanted to kick himself for stuttering.

 

She smiled, “Hello and good morning, Sunggyu, SungYeol and SungJong.” She said then slightly giggled when she noted that the 4 of them had “Sung” in their names. “Please, come on inside.” She said and the three entered, looking around the house. “Can I get drinks for any of you? Water perhaps? Unfortunately, the others are still getting prepared. MyungSoo and YeoRum are in the kitchen getting some snacks.” She said taking them to the living room.

 

“It’s fine. We can wait a bit more.” SungJong replied, smiling widely at her. “Noona, you’re really beautiful when you smile.” He complimented her.

She smiled and nodded. “Thank you SungJong.” She told him. “Forgive me, I have to speak to my brother. I shall take my leave.” She bowed to them and left the room.

“She’s… highly mannered isn’t she?” SungYeol whispered to Sunggyu as she disappeared from their view.

 

As soon as the others finished taking their baths and getting ready, they all left for the carnival. They took SungYoon’s Camaro, L’s Volvo C30 and WooHyun’s Audi A8. Sunggyu had volunteered to bring his car but the others just insisted on him riding with someone. With WooHyun was EunMi, SungJong and SungYeol. YeoRum was riding with L, SungYoon was left with Hoya and Sunggyu.

 

“Do you want me to drive?”Hoya asked her. Sunggyu couldn’t help but notice the different tone that Hoya uses when he speaks to her.

SungYoon looked at him with a smile, “I would be fine, driving.” She said as she opened the driver’s side, sliding in. Hoya let Sunggyu in at the back before he got in the passenger seat. SungYoon the engine and waited for L and WooHyun to lead the way before driving off after them.

 

In a matter of minutes, they reached the huge lot where the carnival was being held. It was late in the afternoon so you could barely notice the lights. The nine of them walked towards the booth buying tickets and finally going inside. “So, are we all going together? Or split up and meet someone or something?” YeoRum asked.

 

“Well, we can split up and meet up by the ferris wheel in an hour, is that good?” WooHyun suggested as EunMi took his arm. Everyone murmured in agreement, “Okay then, we have phones we can call each other if anyone needs anything. I’m leaving with EunMi.” He said, looking at his partner with a smile and went off.

 

“Aigoo~ they’re really in love aren’t they?” SungYeol said with a sigh. “I would pay anything to find true love like that.” He said then looked at Sunggyu and gave a sly smile.

 

“I am leaving with YeoRum.” L said then looked at the girl beside him. He then glanced at SungYoon, “Be careful.” He said in Slavic which got everyone confused. L looked back at YeoRum and the both of them left.

 

“What…” SungYeol asked but SungJong just nudged him. “Hey Hoya, do you like going on extreme rides?” he asked with a grin. Hoya gave a nod. “Because there’s a ride here that’s called The Octopus. Think you can handle it?” SungYeol asked with a grin.

 

“You’re on.” Hoya said, grinning like a child. He turned to SungYoon, like asking for permission. She gave him a nod. “Will you be okay, alone?” He asked her.

 

She gave him a nod again. “Sunggyu is here. I will be fine. Go and have fun.” She said. Hoya nodded and went off with SungYeol and SungJong to have fun. “So, are we going to keep up the act of not speaking to each other?” she asked him as they walked. Sunggyu smiled sheepishly at her. “And what is the reason Sunggyu?” she asked.

 

“You’re very mysterious. And I’m not exactly sure what feelings I have for you.” He told her honestly. “Sometimes, I feel like I know you enough but most of the time I’m entirely clueless.” He said then looked into her eyes. “And sometimes, I don’t understand what kind of relationship you have with Hoya, Ricky, L.Joe, Chunji and, to some extent, me.”

 

SungYoon nodded with a smile. “How about we play a game? We take turns in asking questions and answer them as honest as possible.” she asked. Sunggyu nodded with a small smile. “I shall start then, what is it exactly that you think of me?” she asked, looking at him, as they walked around the merry go round.

 

Sunggyu thought about it. He stopped walking and just looked at her. “I think you’re beautiful, very beautiful. You’re very kind and very well-mannered. You seem very friendly as well. You’re also very graceful.” He said. “I think you’re an angel.” He said truthfully.

 

SungYoon wanted to tell him how wrong he was. How she was nowhere an angel. But that would be a very long conversation and a list of endless questions. So she smiled at him, “Thank you for thinking of me that way.” She told him. “Your turn to ask a question.” She said.

 

Sunggyu nodded but hesitated. “W-Who is Hoya to you?” he asked her. He didn’t want to care, mostly he didn’t want to meddle with their business, but he couldn’t help it. He had wanted to know so many things about her, and this was one opportunity.

 

SungYoon smiled. It was difficult to explain to a human what kind of bond she had with Hoya. “Hmm… Howon.” She said out his name thoughtfully. “He is… my best friend. Someone that I cannot live without. He is very close to my heart, much more like a brother.” She said truthfully. “Though I know that he feels so much more for me, he knows that we can only remain friends.” She told him. “Did I answer your question?” she asked and Sunggyu nodded in reply. “Okay, my next question, have you ever been in love?”

 

“That’s a tough question.” He said with a small laugh. “I’ve been in relationships but… what I’ve felt for them, I really wouldn’t call it love. Infatuation perhaps? Attachment? But not really love. So the answer to your question is No.” he said, walking them through the booths in the carnival. “You’re not full Korean, are you?”

 

SungYoon waved her head in reply. “Me and my brother are half Korean, half German. We were born and raised in Berlin. We were taught at home to speak in Korean but we mostly converse in Slavic. We have our Slavic names too, MyungSoo is Lyev and I am Svetlana.” He nodded, hearing facts from her. “My turn. Would you win that for me?” she asked as she stopped walking and pointed towards a huge teddy bear.

 

Sunggyu looked at it and the booth. “I’ll try.” He said with a smile and they both approached it. It was a simple game, he had to knock down a pyramid of bottles. He paid the guy for a round, getting three balls. First try, he knocked down 2 bottles, on the second he managed to knock down all of them. SungYoon clapped as the guy gave him the huge teddy bear and he handed it to her. “My turn,” he said as they resumed walking. “A few days ago, I overheard your conversation with Chunji.” He started.

 

SungYoon suddenly felt an overwhelming wave of fear. It wasn’t hers, she wasn’t sure if it was from Hoya or Ricky but it wasn’t normal. What was going on? She felt worried for the two of them. She tried looking around for Hoya to see if it was him but he was nowhere to be found. Was either of them in danger?

 

“Sungyoon? Is everything okay?” Sunggyu asked, looking at her anxious face. She softened up and smiled. “So, um, I heard him tell you that whenever he’s near you, he can smell the ocean where he grew up in.” he explained, “but that time when I sat next to you and even right now, I can smell strawberries and cinnamon. How come he can smell different fro—“ he asked but stopped immediately when he noticed that Sungyoon dropped the teddy bear and was now holding on to her chest, gasping for breath. She closed her eyes and saw a flash of yellow eyes looking at her.

 

Sunggyu was about to touch her back when Hoya came running towards her. “Stephanie! What’s wrong?” he asked, taking her arm. “Did anything happen to you? Are you hurt?” he asked. SungYeol and SungJong were also running towards Sunggyu breathlessly.

 

She calmed down breathing and looked up at Hoya, “I—I” she started, gasping for words that human ears could not hear. “w-weak. I—I n-need bl-lood.” She gasped to him. “Pl-leas-e. T-Take me home.” She said, her hands shaking as she grasped on to Hoya’s cardigan.

 

Hoya turned to their friends then back to SungYoon. “I need to take her home.” He explained to them. “Please tell MyungSoo and the others that I took her home.” He said then lifted her in his arms and went off for the parking lot. “Don’t worry Stephanie, I’ll take care of you.” He told her and as soon as he was out of the other’s view, he ran off like a bullet.



 

UH-OOOHHH~ WHAT HAPPENED?

idk as well. (lol jk.)

I just got home btw. <3 had fun with da familia swimming all night. XD

-listeningsoul

 

PS: I made an OST thru youtube and its posted on the foreward page at the very bottom. that's my playlist when I write this story. :3

enjoy!