Chapter 26: The day before the storm

Beautiful Disaster

 

Hello guys~ just wanna say I'm soooo sorry this took longer than usual. My other laptop decided to die on me and I couldn't retrieve my files so I had to write this chapter all over again. T_T thank you for waiting and I'm sorry for the lame chapter but it had to be written. >.<

-listeningsoul



 

 

Sunggyu woke up but hasn’t opened his eyes yet. He could hear running water coming probably from the bathroom. He didn’t move a muscle, afraid that he would be feeling pain. He’s half expecting an aching body because of his bruises. Then he heard a male voice laughing.

 

“It’s safe to open your eyes.” Came WooHyun’s voice. He cracked an eye open and saw WooHyun with a smirk on his lips as he took SungYoon’s laptop from her desk. “And, you’re very well free to move, you know?” he said. “Stephanie’s waiting for you to wake up downstairs and she can definitely hear me talking to you so you can go down to the kitchen.” He said then swiftly left the room.

 

He sat up, realizing he didn’t have his shirt on and his body didn’t have any bruises or anything. He saw WooHyun briefly come back to the room and tossed him a shirt to wear then went off again. Sunggyu stood up and wore the shirt as he went down to the kitchen to find SungYoon cooking. “Hey sleepy head.” She said with a smile. “Are you feeling better?” she asked.

 

He nodded and sat by the kitchen counter then glanced on both sides. “Where’s everyone?” he asked glancing at the clock, it was almost 3 in the afternoon. He heard his stomach lurch then looked at SungYoon.  

 

“WooHyun, Hoya and EunMi went to town, we were running low on supplies.” SungYoon replied. “L and YeoRum are still sleeping, I guess. I try very hard not to listen in with L.” she said. She stifled in a giggle upon watching Sunggyu’s dazed reaction. “You must be wondering why you do not have any wounds?” she asked and Sunggyu nodded as SungYoon handed him a plate of eggs and spam. “You see, vampire blood has healing powers.”

 

Sunggyu nodded, taking a bite of his breakfast. “Why didn’t it turn me into a vampire?” he asked. “Do you have to bite me in order to turn into a vampire?” he asked further.

 

SungYoon waved her head with a smile. “To turn you into a vampire, it is a two-way process. I would have to… drink all your blood Sunggyu and when your pulse is barely there, I would feed you my blood. Then you will sleep for a full day then at night, that’s when you will be a newborn.” She explained. “But it doesn’t end there as well. You would have to drink from a human in order to become a full fledge vampire.”

 

Sunggyu nodded his head, “Wow, that’s kind of really complicated. So in short, I would have to die with vampire blood in my system.” He said, looking at the girl who just smiled with a nod. Sunggyu noticed that SungYoon was particularly happy that morning. “You seem very happy, did anything happen while I was sleeping?”

 

A male chuckle replied to Sunggyu’s inquiry. He turned his head to see Hoya entering the kitchen. “You’ve never actually seen Stephanie be this cheerful have you?” he said as he went to the fridge and got a bottle of water. It was true, Sunggyu has never seen this side of her before. She was usually reserved and quiet, today was a different case.

 

He jumped a bit when he felt her touch. She was sitting next to him with a smile on her face. “Sometimes, there is a reason for happiness.” She said simply to him. “Now, you are my reason.” She told him and he smiled back nodding in reply at her words.

 

An impatient knocking disturbed the people inside the house. Hoya quickly went towards the door followed by SungYoon. He opened the door and saw L.Joe with Chunji. “My Lord.” He said, bowing to L.Joe and SungYoon did the same upon seeing him. “Hi Chunji. Please, come in.” Hoya opened the door fully and the two visitors went inside.

 

L.Joe bowed to SungYoon. “I have not visited in a while, forgive me.” He said then took a good look around. “Where is the rest of your family?” he asked curiously. Chunji spotted Sunggyu in the kitchen and made his way to him, making conversation with the other boy.

 

“EunMi and WooHyun went to the city to buy some home supplies. L is either still in his room or he went out.” SungYoon replied to which L.Joe nodded as they walked to the living room. “My Lord, L.Joe, yesterday we attacked the wolves, we killed one of them but I fear that the worst is coming.” She told him honestly.

 

L.Joe looked surprise. “What happened? What did they do? Why did you attack?” he asked.

 

“They kidnapped Sunggyu to lure me out.” She explained. “For some reason, a pack of werewolves want me and I do not know why.” She said, furrowing her eyebrows and waving her head. “None of it makes any sense to me.” She said looking up at L.Joe expecting that he could answer her concerns.

 

L.Joe waved his head defeatedly. “I also do not have any answers for you, my dear.” He replied, sighing. “Unless they want any important information, that is all that I can think of at the moment.” He said, looking at SungYoon.

 

“What do they possibly want from me? I do not have any important information or anything at all that would benefit them. I have long detached myself from the monarchy of our world. I do not wish to be involved with that any longer.” She said

 

L“No one else was hurt right?” he asked, Hoya and SungYoon responded by waving their heads. “To be honest, I do not have any answers for you right now. I have to look further into it.” L.Joe said. “What are your plans?” he asked.

 

“Travel in groups or pairs.” Hoya replied. “We will also try to feed as regular as we can. Probably 2-3 times a week so we can keep our strength up.” He told L.Joe who nodded.

 

The three was distracted when they heard a female laugh. YeoRum and L were walking down the stairs and entered the living room. YeoRum’s eyes looked surprised and horrified but instantly smiled. “Good morning, YeoRum there is breakfast in the kitchen. Sunggyu and Chunji are there.” SungYoon said.

 

YeoRum nodded and kissed L on the cheek before letting go of his hand then made her way to the kitchen. L, like his twin sister, had an unexplainable smile on his face as he sat down beside Hoya. SungYoon smiled, “I am guessing that you have completed your blood bond with YeoRum already.” She said.

 

L nodded. “Yes.” He said. “We have completed our blood bond.” He said proudly. “I am planning to go out and hunt tonight. YeoRum will be going home.” He said.

 

“Oh, then would you want me to come with you?” L.Joe asked. “I have not hunted for a while as well.”

 

L looked at Hoya and to SungYoon then nodded. “Yes, please. I would be honored.” He said with a small bow to L.Joe.

 

L.Joe nodded with a smile. “Alright, well I would not bother you any longer. Good day to all of you.” He said then stood up and moved towards the door, Chunji coming out of the kitchen and joined L.Joe as he left the house.

 

It was late in the afternoon when YeoRum left. L insisted on taking her home but she refused and would take the bus to get home. After much conversation, L finally let YeoRum go home by herself. She was walking towards the bus stop as was surprised to see a hooded figure standing there. She took a deep breath and stood beside the figure.

 

She stood there in silence, her heart pounding. “Your blood bond with him wasn’t part of the plan.” The figure called out. “You were supposed to make him fall for you, not the other way around.”

 

She had to keep her feelings guarded, “I… I don’t want to do this anymore.” She said, her voice cracking. “I only care about him now.” She said, looking towards the hooded figure.

 

The figure sneered. “Do you think that he will still love you after he finds out what you’ve done? If he knew what your role in his life really is?”  Then there was silence between the two of them. “Just do what you have to do, and you will be rewarded.” The figure said then immediately disappeared.