Chapter 20: fighting with DongWoo

Beautiful Disaster

 

Chapter 20

 

It’s been a week since the incident happened. SungYoon has become more conscious and careful of her family and her surroundings. As much as possible, they tried to travel in pairs or groups. The thought of almost loosing her twin brother scared her. She just wouldn’t be able to survive without him. Sunggyu has sworn to keep their secret and was like part of their family as well already. SungYoon found it amusing that WooHyun and Sunggyu were getting along to be such good friends. Though Hoya needed more persuading.

 

Classes just ended, SungYoon went home with the rest of her family because SungJong, SungYeol and Sunggyu were going to visit DongWoo. They promised to hang out at least once a week. Though Sunggyu promised he would go to her house once they were done. “Seems like everything’s going well with SungYoon.” SungYeol said, sitting beside Sunggyu who had a smile on his face.

 

Sunggyu nodded. “Yeah, her friends are just really great. You guys don’t know how relieved I am. Her twin brother also approves of our relationship.” He told his friends. “Though I haven’t told mom yet, maybe I should real soon. But I think she kinda knows already too since I’m always hanging out at SungYoon’s place.”

 

SungJong chuckled. “But that Hoya hyung, he looks at you like he wants to rip your head off at times.” He told Sunggyu. “He doesn’t like you that much maybe? I think he has a crush on SungYoon noona maybe that’s why.” He concluded.

 

They finally reached the soccer field that DongWoo asked them to go to. They found DongWoo with 3 more guys already warming up, passing around a ball. DongWoo spotted his friends immediately and waved his arms in the air. The three boys ran towards DongWoo tackling him with a hug. “Hey guys.” He said, slightly chuckling. “These are my friends, MinSu, Niel and Changjo. Guys, my buddies from my old school, Sunggyu, SungYeol and SungJong.”

 

It was decided that they would play 3 versus 3, DongWoo, SungYeol and Sunggyu versus MinSu, Niel and Changjo. It was just a friendly game, but Sunggyu and SungYeol were out of breath just about 20 minutes in the game. The other boys were laughing and having fun, while the two were just tired already. They were tough players, though Sunggyu and SungYeol weren’t in bad shape as well.

 

They took a break after 45 minutes. SungYeol was lying on the ground while Sunggyu sat by him. Surprisingly DongWoo was still hyper. “You guys tired already?” he asked with a goofy grin. “You guys should go out and exercise more.” He told them, patting SungYeol’s leg.

 

SungYeol sat up. “I’m getting some water.” He said then walked towards SungJong who was sitting at the bleachers. DongWoo and Sunggyu laughed as SungYeol clinged on to SungJong, staggering as he sat on the ground.

 

DongWoo turned back to Sunggyu. “So, how is it going?” DongWoo asked him. He wanted to ask about SungYoon but it would be too obvious. “Heard from SungYeol that you’ve mostly been hanging out with your girlfriend and her family.” He said conversationally.

 

Sunggyu smiled widely. “Yeah, she’s just really awesome.” He told her. “I don’t know, with the other girls I’ve been, SungYoon’s just really different. Very different than all of them.” He said with a smile. “I’d do anything for her you know. I don’t know, I’ve been having thoughts of what if she’s the one already? I know it’s too early to say but who knows right?” he said.

 

DongWoo didn’t like what he heard from Sunggyu. “You don’t even know her that well and you’ve been having these kinds of thoughts already?” he asked in an angry tone. “I mean seriously Sunggyu, you’re willing to give up everything for just one girl?”

 

Sunggyu’s eyebrows furrowed. “I didn’t say I needed to give up anything.” He replied. “I don’t know why you’re getting so bad about this.”

 

“I know what she is.” DongWoo said threateningly. “I know she’s a vampire.” He told her. “And it’s not right Sunggyu. Don’t give up yourself for something like her.” He said in disgust.

 

Sunggyu stood up. “I’ve had enough.” He said. “Thanks for showing me that you’re such a supportive best friend after all these years DongWoo. Thank you really.” He said sarcastically. “I’m leaving.” He said then started walking off to his car.

 

DongWoo sighed, it wasn’t what he planned. “That didn’t go good.” MinSu said, waving his head. “We need a new plan. The boss needs them soon.” MinSu told DongWoo who just nodded in reply.

 

Sunggyu stayed at home the rest of the afternoon. He would drop by at SungYoon’s house later, he was way too pissed off at DongWoo and he needed to cool down. But how did DongWoo know about her? Did he also know about the others being vampires as well? He wanted to know more but he also didn’t want to speak to DongWoo at the moment.

 

Sunggyu walked to the kitchen and got himself a glass of water. His mom just got down and was surprised. “hello son, you’re home early.” She said. “Can you run some errands for me please?” his mom asked and he nodded in reply. “Just a few groceries for dinner tonight.” She said with a smile. “And when are you gonna bring your girlfriend over?” she asked.

 

He was about to say something when his mom’s words registered to him. “Mom! You already know her anyway!” he said in a whine. “I’ll ask her to come over one of these days.” He told her then went out and started walking to the supermarket nearby.

 

He plugged in his earphones, walking while bobbing his head to music, he was so immersed that he didn’t even realize that he was walking on the main street instead of the sidewalk. He was crossing the street when he didn’t hear a car honking at him. He just felt a cold hand holding on to him then he was at the sidewalk already on the other side.

 

“Don’t you people ever look at where you’re going?” Hoya asked annoyingly, walking beside Sunggyu. “Where were you heading anyway?” he asked.

 

“T-Thanks for saving me.” Sunggyu said. “I’m going to the supermarket to buy a few things for my mom.” He replied and Hoya nodded continuing to walk after him. “Are you heading that way too?” he asked him.

 

“Yes, I am.” He replied. “I need to buy some groceries too.” Hoya said then sighed. “You should take care of yourself you know. Even if you haven’t blood bonded with SungYoon, I don’t want her to hurt anyway. She’s suffered a lot of losses in a year. I don’t like it when she goes through much pain.” He said then glanced at Sunggyu. “You’re the only one who makes her happy right now. Let’s try to keep you alive as much as possible alright?”

 

Sunggyu thought about his words while following him to the supermarket. “Hoya, what’s a blood bond?” he asked.

 

Hoya chuckled. “You’ll know soon enough.” He replied, heading in the supermarket leaving Sunggyu out in the street.


hello my lovely readers~

I'm so sorry this took a while. My mind was drying up with ideas. @_@

but this came into my head. so yeah~ 

thank you for 32 subscribers <3 I love you guys.

the comments are all <3

 

till next time~

-listeningsoul