Chapter 22: Avoiding Each Other

Beautiful Disaster

 

Chapter 22

 

It’s been a whole month since SungYoon decided to stay away from Sunggyu and so far nothing has happened to either her family or to Sunggyu. She was back to her old self, quiet, tactile, uncaring. She would speak to Sunggyu only when needed, specially on their English project. But other than that, she acted more as if she didn’t want to be near him, to even look at him. To act as if he never existed.

 

He was sitting in his English class beside her. He wasn’t used to them not talking or holding hands though it’s been a month. She’s also been avoiding sitting beside him specially when it wasn’t needed. Today however was the presentation of the dialogue they prepared for Pride and Prejudice so she had to sit down beside him.

 

The teacher finally called their names and they stood in front of the class, a few feet away from each other. “When you’re ready.” The teacher said with a smile, holding a pen and paper to note down their conversation.

 

SungYoon looked at Sunggyu with the same cold eyes she used then out to her classmates. "I am perfectly convinced by it that Mr. Darcy has no defect. He owns it himself without disguise." She said, starting the dialogue.


"No," said Sunggyu, "I have made no such pretension. I have faults enough, but they are not, I hope, of understanding. My temper I dare not vouch for. It is, I believe, too little yielding— certainly too little for the convenience of the world. I cannot forget the follies and vices of other so soon as I ought, nor their offenses against myself. My feelings are not puffed about with every attempt to move them. My temper would perhaps be called resentful. My good opinion once lost is lost forever."


There was too much emotions in his voice, like he was trying to mean every single word. "That is a failing indeed!" cried SungYoon. "Implacable resentment is a shade in a character. But you have chosen your fault well. I really cannot laugh at it. You are safe from me." She said without tearing her eyes away from him.


"There is, I believe, in every disposition a tendency to some particular evil— a natural defect, which not even the best education can overcome." Sunggyu said.


"And your defect is a propensity to hate everybody." SungYoon replied.


"And yours," he replied with a smile, "is willfully to misunderstand them."

 

The class then started applauding. “That was very beautiful indeed. Very driven with emotions.” The teacher complimented the two as they sat back down their chairs. “That was from Chapter 11, am I right?” Both Sunggyu and SungYoon nodded. “Well done, I’ll both be giving you A+” she said, noting it down on her pad then called on the next pair.

 

During lunch, Sunggyu sullenly sat in front of SungYeol and SungJong who were arguing over their lunches. He looked at SungYoon who was talking with Chunji beside her and L.Joe sitting in front of her, giving them her rare smiles as they chatted. He sighed into his food, playing with it. SungYeol laid his eyes on the guy and waved his head, “It’s been a whole month Sunggyu, just get over it already.” He told him. “There are plenty of other girls in this school who would date you.” He told him.

 

Sunggyu glared at him but softened his eyes. “You don’t understand SungYeol.” He said simply, like he always would when they would get to talk about SungYoon.

 

“Of course I don’t.” SungYeol quickly interjected. “Because you don’t care to explain. You don’t want to talk about any of it so how would I understand?” he said. “Honestly Sunggyu, I’m tired of you whining about it, even if it’s not verbal, everyone can see it’s frustrating you and it’s pissing me off. Something happened between you and SungYoon that’s why the two of you aren’t talking, aren’t even looking at each other unless it’s necessary. So why can’t you two talk about it and move on?”

 

Sunggyu sighed. “Because it was my fault.” He said then glanced towards SungYoon. He knew that amidst all the noise in the cafeteria, she would be able to hear him. “Because I had too much pride in me, because I didn’t understand her enough. Because I didn’t care to think that she was just concerned about me.” He ranted on then looked at SungYeol. “It’s all my fault. She was just trying to protect me.” He said. “I’m not hungry, you guys can eat this. I’m going to take a walk outside.” He said then left the cafeteria.

 

He left the cafeteria, not noticing that SungYoon was looking at him. He walked continuously until he reached the main gates, he suddenly saw DongWoo, he was limping and he looked like he got into a car accident. “S-Su… S-Sung-g-gyu.” He called out to him weakly.

 

“.” Sunggyu cursed to himself and hurriedly opened the gate, he was surprised when someone held on to him from behind, his mouth being covered by a hand holding a handkerchief with a scent that made him feel dizzy. He noticed DongWoo getting up, looking worried but walking towards him. “H-Help m-me…” he barely said the words.

 

DongWoo approached him, with an apologetic look, “sorry dear friend, but this is for your own good.” He said then Sunggyu passed out.


oh nooo~

poor gyugyu ;~;

I wonder what will happen next. T_T

lol ily guys~ thanks for the wonderful comments <3

-listeningsoul