Chapter 7: Wondering

Beautiful Disaster

 

hi guys~

I had fun yesterday with my crush~ (teehee~) and for that here's another chapter. :D

and to the new readers, thanks for subscribing I appreciate it. :) hope you guys can comment on what you think about the story so far. Is it slow paced? or is it boring? I'll appreciate it so much. <3

anyway I'll get back to watching Oh My School now :))

-listeningsoul


 

It has officially been a whole week back in school. Sunggyu was on his way to his favorite class this semester, English. He had a smile on his face as he walked up the stairs alone, making his way to class. As he turned the corner, he saw SungYoon standing at the empty corridor with RyeoWon High’s most popular boy, Lee ByungHun or otherwise known as L.Joe. He could barely hear what they were talking about, but they were talking very animatedly.

 

Sunggyu watched as SungYoon’s empty expression would casually turn into a small smile and as soon as she would, L.Joe would laugh. Sunggyu wondered what they were talking about, what L.Joe could have said for her to smile for him. Moreover, how did SungYoon meet L.Joe? Did they have classes together? There were so many questions on his mind.

 

He was about to continue walking but he was surprised on the next gesture he saw. L.Joe lifted up SungYoon’s hand and as he bowed to her, he gave her hand a kiss. SungYoon gave him a short bow as well as L.Joe let go of her hand and the two of them continued walking down the corridor.

 

Sunggyu took a deep breath as he walked inside his English class, sitting beside SungYoon. He glanced at her and gave her a small smile. He was about to say something but their teacher suddenly entered the room. She just instructed them to pair up and talk about their dialogues.

 

Sunggyu sat silently beside SungYoon, casually glancing at her as she read her book. He wanted to talk to her but he didn’t know what to say. So instead he sighed deeply which SungYoon noticed. She looked at him and saw curiosity in his eyes and all around him. “Is there something you want to ask me Sunggyu?” she asked.

 

Her voice made him jump. It was the first time that she spoke to him first. “It’s nothing.” He replied, waving his head then smiling at her. She nodded and went back to reading her book. He thought she couldn’t hear, but she could hear every sigh, ever small noise that he made out of curiosity, out of anxiety. He looked up and saw her concentrated on her book. He took a deep breath and was about to say something when the bell rang.

 

Hoya suddenly appeared on SungYoon’s side with a smile. “Let’s go?” he asked her. “L said he’s going to work on the project with YeoRum until free period and wouldn’t be joining us for lunch.”

 

Sunggyu was surprised when SungYoon waved her head in reply. “You can go to the cafeteria. I will follow, I have to talk to Sunggyu for a while.” She said. Hoya gave her a look but nodded and left the room alone. Sunggyu looked at her with a confused expression. “I know you want to say something to me. Please, tell me what’s bothering you.”

 

Sunggyu hesitated but took another deep breath as he packed up his things. “Please don’t think of me as a creeper after this.” He said, looking into her eyes and noticing for the first time that they were almost pitch black. “I… I was wondering…” he started and then glanced at her as they walked out the hall. “It’s just, I saw you and L.Joe talking earlier and I was wondering how you knew him.” He said, slightly smiling, scratching the back of his head when they reached their lockers.

 

SungYoon nodded. “I was introduced to him yesterday and earlier we bumped into each other.” She told him nonchalantly, playing with her necklace. She turned to her own locker and put in all of her things in it. “Was that it?” she asked, looking at him.

 

He smiled and nodded and the two of them started walking to the cafeteria. She bade goodbye to Sunggyu as she joined Hoya, WooHyun and Eunmi on their usual lunch table. He continued walking and sat down where SungJong and SungYeol were arguing about their lunch. “Yah,” DongWoo said, nudging Sunggyu as he sat down. “Aren’t you gonna eat?” he asked. Sunggyu glanced at him and nodded, turning his head back to SungYoon’s table.

 

He watched as Hoya peeled the orange and hand pieces to SungYoon with a smile. Was there something going on between the two of them?

 

“You know…” SungYeol suddenly spoke up, making Sunggyu turn his head to him. “It won’t help if you stare at her all day long.” He said, smirking at Sunggyu. “If you like her hyung, you should make a move now before anyone else gets to her.” He said then ate a piece of egg roll. “I mean, you ignored her during English and now you look at her so longingly.”

 

“I do not.” Sunggyu said then glancing back at SungYoon who was now laughing along with EunMi. Her table was quite far from him, but her melodious laugh was like vibrating in his ears. “I mean… I’m just curious about her. Aren’t you?” he shot back at SungYeol who waved his head, so did SungJong and DongWoo. He took a deep breath then stood up. “I’ll be right back.” He told his friends that didn’t really mind him.

 

He was surprised when a younger boy, probably SungJong’s year, came up to their table with Chunji trailing behind him slightly bowing to SungYoon first then to the others. He smiled as he talked to them excitedly. Sunggyu faked a cough as he approached their table. “Oh, Sunggyu.” SungYoon said, scooting over to Hoya’s side, inviting him to sit down. “What brings you here?” she asked him.

 

“Oh, I was just gonna ask if we’re going to work on the project on my house tonight or yours?” he asked slightly fidgeting. They’ve been working on their drama project in his house.

 

SungYoon was about to respond when another voice suddenly spoke up. “I think you have to reschedule that Stephanie.” L.Joe’s voice came. “Remember we have business to attend to tonight?” he asked her as he stood by their lunch table.

 

“Oh, that’s right.” SungYoon replied then looked at Sunggyu apologetically. “Forgive me, I forgot that I have something to do tonight with L.Joe.” She said smiling a little. “Can we do it Saturday afternoon? I will drop by your house.” She said. “I am really sorry.” She said, her voice full of guilt.

 

“No, no it’s alright.” He said, waving his hands to signal it was okay. “I’m free on Saturday so that’s okay. I’ll see you later.” He said then stood up and left. He sighed deeply as he walked back to his table. He glanced back one more time at SungYoon and once again saw her laughing with L.Joe.

 

He didn’t like the feeling he had whenever he was close to her. But what gave him the right to decide that? He doesn’t even know what’s going on between them.