Chapter 17: She knows.

Beautiful Disaster

sorry this took long. I was kind of busy :D


 

It was Monday once again, MyungSoo went off to pick up YeoRum from her house so they could go to school together. WooHyun, EunMi and Hoya were all getting in WooHyun’s car. Hoya noticed SungYoon was still standing in front of their house. “Stephanie, is anything wrong?” he asked as a car pulled up front.

 

SungYoon looked at Hoya. “No, there is nothing wrong. I was merely waiting for Sunggyu.” She replied and looked back at WooHyun and EunMi. “I would be riding to school with him from today.” She informed them.

 

Why didn’t he notice it? Hoya wondered as he watched SungYoon get in the passenger seat, smiling at Sunggyu and asking him to drive off. Why didn’t he feel it? When did it start happening? He was confused. Nonetheless, he rode to school with WooHyun and EunMi.

 

Sunggyu got out of the car as soon as he parked it on his usual spot and running over to the passenger seat, taking SungYoon’s hand as she got out. She smiled at him and gave him a thanks as he held on to her hand. “You don’t mind, do you?” he asked her. “You know, holding hands like this, walking to school.” He said.

 

“Of course not. This is what couples normally do, right?” she replied. Somehow, she felt that it was too unfair to Sunggyu. And she knew that Sunggyu knew this too, but he looked as if he doesn’t mind. Maybe he did but he just doesn’t say anything about it. “Can we wait for my friends?” she asked him and he nodded in reply.

 

After a few minutes, WooHyun’s car pulled up, followed by L’s car. The two parked their cars, L was the first one to exit his and looked at SungYoon, then his eyes travelled to SungYoon’s hand, holding on to Sunggyu’s. His eyebrows furrowed, then looked at YeoRum and told her something and she nodded, heading towards the school as L approached SungYoon and Sunggyu. “Hey, can I speak to my sister?” he asked.

 

Sunggyu looked at SungYoon who nodded in reply. He said his goodbyes to her, heading inside the school as well, leaving L and SungYoon. “He still does not know.” He stated to her. “This will not end good Stephanie. Can you listen to me for once?” he said in a frustrated but low voice. “Have you not learned enough? Do you want more losses in your life? In our lives?”

 

She glared at him, her eyes slightly turning red. “I know what I have to do L.” she told him in reply. “HE was the one who told me that there is no need to rush. If he truly loves me, he will understand.” She said without breaking her gaze from him. “I know what risks there are—“ she started.

 

“No, you do not sister.” L replied and turned away from her. She blinked and her eyes turned back to their deep black. “You have never fallen for a human before. You, of all, would not know what risk there is.” He told her, then slightly turned to her but not fully looking at her face. “I think, it would have been better to have returned the feeling that Howon asked of you. It would have been better if you had loved someone like us.” He said and started walking away.

 

For the rest of the day, SungYoon did not speak to L. The words that he told her had hurt her deeply, but she knew that he was always right. She has never loved a human before, but she knew in herself that her feelings for Sunggyu wasn’t love yet.

 

It wasn’t until during lunch time when Sunggyu noticed that SungYoon wasn’t herself. Did something happen between her and L? He knew it wasn’t his business but he didn’t how she’s like that. “Hey,” he said softly. SungYoon looked at him. “Is anything wrong?” he asked, slightly smiling and squeezing her hand. “You’re more quiet than your usual. If that’s even possible.” He said and slightly laughed.

 

She smiled back at him as they entered the cafeteria. “I am fine Sunggyu, L and I just had a small fight this morning.” She told him honestly in reply.

 

“Anything I can help with?” he asked. SungYoon smiled and waved her head in reply. “Is this about me?” he asked, his heart racing. “Does L disapprove of us dating?”

 

SungYoon remained quiet. “Disapprove is not the exact word for it.” She told him. “He is just very protective of me.” She told him as they walked towards Sunggyu’s usual lunch table with SungYeol, SungJong and DongWoo. “He is just cautious of what might happen.”

 

Sunggyu didn’t exactly understand why but he didn’t ask any more questions. He knew that she would tell her what he needs to know. They sat down at the lunch table with only SungJong sitting there. “Hey SungJong, where’s SungYeol and DongWoo?” Sunggyu asked.

 

SungJong sighed and looked at SungYoon then to Sunggyu. “He’s changing schools. SungYeol went to talk to him and his mom.” He looked really sad but gave a small but faltering smile to SungYoon. “It’s just really unfair hyung.”

 

“Did he say why?” SungYoon asked curiously, though somehow she already knew.

 

SungJong waved his head in reply. “He just said that his mom prefers him in Sang Go All Boys High School. I really don’t understand why DongWoo hyung agreed because he doesn’t like the people there.” He said, looking down to his food and sighed. “I guess we just have get used to it.” He looked at SungYoon and gave a smile.

 

SungYoon returned the smile and looked to Sunggyu. “I am not really feeling hungry right now.” She told him honestly. “Would you mind if I went over to talk to L.Joe for a while?” Sunggyu didn’t really trust L.Joe, he wasn’t even sure if he could trust SungYoon but he had to. He gave her a small smile and nodded. She gave his hand a light squeeze and stood up.

 

As she was on her way to L.Joe who was sitting with her family, she could hear the people gossiping. They were all talking about Ricky’s death. Everyone was talking about how he got attacked by an animal and the cases like that were very rare. The story went on as Ricky went camping with a few of his friends that weren’t from school in the outskirts of the city. Then, as he was wandering off he was attacked by an unknown animal.

 

It was the usual cover up story. SungYoon stopped walking, standing behind L.Joe. She stole a glance towards L who wasn’t looking at anything. YeoRum looked at SungYoon instead and gave a small smile. “L.Joe, can I speak to you alone?” she asked. L.Joe nodded and followed her outside. She made sure that they were beyond earshot. “I know who did it.” She said all of a sudden which L.Joe returned with a questioned look, “I know who is the werewolf that attacked Ricky.”