Chapter 1: The Beginning

Beautiful Disaster

 

 

 

“Stephanie?” a young male voice called out from the hall. He peeked his head in the living room, spotting the girl with long black hair sitting on the couch, staring at a small fire behind a glass-covered fireplace. He placed a light hand on her shoulder, as if she hasn’t heard his call for the fourteenth time for the past 5 minutes. She slightly lifted her head to look at him. “We’re leaving in 5 minutes. Car’s waiting out front with the others.” He said in a concerned tone. She smiled slightly and nodded then went back to staring at the fire. She heard him sigh, “I know it’s difficult, but we have to move on. You have to move—“

 

“This I know. You need not remind me.” She said in a strained voice. She took one last glance at the fire and stood up. She told the boy in front of her, observing his newly styled blonde hair, the thick eyebrows that framed his face, the strong eyes and the perfect teeth. “I am ready to depart.” She told him in a stern voice. The latter nodded and walked with her to the door.

 

She took one last look at the place she called home for the past few years, and now, it was time to move on again. “Goodbye.” She said softly and walked out of the door, feeling gloomy. The sky was dark though it was barely afternoon. Seattle weather has always been predictable for being gloomy and damp.

 

She got herself in the car, along with her four companions. They were on their way to the airport, they were going to move to Asia. They’ve been in the West for too long. “To where are we going again?” she asked no one in particular.

 

The petite girl driving glanced at her with a smile. “We’re going to Korea. It has been a while since we went there. It would be very interesting. We have already chosen our Korean names, you should pick one out too.” The girl told Stephanie. “I’m going to be Lee EunMi.” She said and then turned to the guy beside her, “He’s going to be known as Nam WooHyun.”

 

Stephanie then turned to the guy she was speaking with inside the house before they left. “I’m going to be known as Lee HoWon or simply Hoya.” He told her. Then motioned to the guy behind him, “L wants to keep his name but we gave him a Korean name as well, Kim MyungSoo.” She turned to see his face, young and handsome, almost perfect. He laid his eyes on her and gave a brief nod then turned his eyes back outside.

 

“I would be addressed as Kim SungYoon.” She said. “For years, L and I have been known siblings. So, it would be best if we continue it.” Stephanie said, her eyes just watching the trees that stayed behind to once what she called home.

 

“So, I already made arrangements for a house we will be staying in and for the school we’re going to be in for the coming semester which is in two weeks.” The one called Hoya said, digging through his bag for all the paper works. “I actually had to work harder for this one but I got everything worked out good.” He said.

 

They reached the airport and checked in their entire luggage. They usually don’t bring a lot of things especially when they move. SungYoon sat down at the waiting area sitting beside EunMi. EunMi looked at the girl, usually expressionless, staring at the nothingness in front of her. EunMi lifted her hand and touched her hand, SungYoon looked at EunMi with her dark orbs. “It’s going to be okay, Stephanie.  It always is.” She said.

 

SungYoon smiled for the first time in a week. “Do not worry for me, just let me carry this burden for now. It would not be right if I do not mourn for him.” SungYoon said and stood up just as the speakers announced the boarding of their flight. “This will be a new life for us, yet again.”