Before I Sleep

You are the Key to my Heart

 

Jessica sat down on her bed, on the verge of tears. How embarrassing was that! Tripping and falling on the one you loved in front of all the other members who were still laughing uncontrollably. She decided to eavesdrop on the group’s conversation to find out more on what had happened. After they finished speaking, she frowned, even though the other members had played numerous pranks on her before, she still found it hard to see the funny side of it. She wondered where Sooyoung had gone. Deciding that she might come back soon, Jessica got into her bed and closed her eyes, feigning sleep.

*

Sooyoung rummaged through the refrigerator for food, she did not usually have midnight snacks but she really needed something to distract her. Her cheeks still burned every time she thought about the incident. Even though Jessica had fallen on for a few seconds, Sooyoung could still clearly remember the feeling. This is wrong she thought, how am I ever going to move on if things like this keep on happening. She spooned Chocomint ice-cream into a bowl and the television. Maybe the chocolate would make her feel happier. She didn’t want to go to her room anytime soon in case Jessica was still awake.

*

Yuri lay in her bed thinking hard. She had to take her plan a bit further; she only hoped it would turn out for the best and none of the two would be severely hurt in the process. She made a mental note to brainstorm some more ideas in her diary in the morning. She was not the only one in the room pretending to sleep.

Yoona wondered if she would ever have the courage to confess to Yuri. She seemed quite disinterested in her lately and was usually hanging out with Sooyoung. It hurt her deeply but she was too afraid to tell anyone except Seohyun, whom she knew she could trust. Slowly, they both fell asleep, each pondering over their different troubles.

*

Taeyeon tried to move around in her bed discreetly to get a better view of Tiffany. Even in sleep, she looked so beautiful, like a goddess she thought. She recalled the incident at the park, smiling faintly as she realised they were just inches away from kissing. Tiffany had blushed, did that mean she liked her? She wished she had the courage to tell Tiffany her true feelings. But for now, Taeyeon decided to hide her true feelings, something she has always been good at.

Tiffany had her eyes shut, bringing the image of Taeyeon at the park to her mind. Taeyeon’s face had been so close to hers, if they were just that little bit closer they would have … But Tiffany knew Taeyeon would never be hers. She didn’t even blush when they were so close. Did Taeyeon think she liked her? What should I do she sadly questioned herself, a single tear sliding down her cheek.

Through half-open eyes, Taeyeon saw the tear, glistening in the moonlight. As she drifted to sleep she promised herself she would do her best to make Tiffany happy in the future as every time Tiffany was in pain, she felt it as well.

*

Sooyoung tip-toed back into her room trying not to wake Jessica up, at least Jessica was quite a deep sleeper. It was quite late anyway, nearly 3am. She crept in the bed, snuggled into the covers and prayed to the Lord that she was doing the right thing and to help her on this path. Unknown to her, Jessica had been waiting for Sooyoung to come back. When Sooyoung had come in, Jessica wanted to run to her, hug her and say that she was sorry for tripping over her but she didn’t see her; that because the prank went wrong, it wasn’t Sooyoung’s fault and that she shouldn’t be sleeping so late because it was bad for her health. But she did not have the courage to do so. Despondently, Jessica thought that perhaps Sooyoung wo never be hers. But deep in her heart, she was unwilling to give up as she knew she loved Sooyoung more than anything in the world; “I love her more than I love myself” she whispered. A single tear trickled down her cheek, hidden in the cloak of night. 

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Things don't seem to be going very well for the couples right now but it might improve in the next few chapters, or not. 

This chapter is pretty short and does not have much action, it's just to show the main characters' thoughts and feelings. But to make up for it, the next chapter will have much more action. Hope you all look forward to it!

It would be lovely if you could comment on what you think of the chapter or the story so far.

Thank you