Admit It

You are the Key to my Heart

 

It was several days after the dorm changes and Jessica had recovered from her cold under Tiffany’s and Taeyeon’s care. Tiffany was out filming a CF and would not be back for a few hours. 

Taeyeon lay on her bed, eyes closed, listening to music. Jessica was unsuccessfully attempting to read a book. She turned to Taeyeon and whispered, “Hey, Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon looked up in surprise and took off her earphones.

“What?” she asked curiously.

“Do you like Tiffany?” Jessica questioned.

Taeyeon replied, “Of course. She’s a great singer, she tries really hard, she’s a really caring person, she’s responsible… ”

Jessica sighed impatiently, “I know that Kim Taeyeon. But do you like her more than that?”

“What do you mean?” Taeyeon asked, trying to feign ignorance. She could feel her heart beating quickly, she wondered whether Jessica knew about her love for Tiffany.

“Are you in love with her?” Jessica raised her eyebrows.

Taeyeon almost choked, she had never expected Jessica to ask the question so directly.

“Why do you want to know?” Taeyeon questioned after clearing . She could feel her cheeks heating up.

Jessica grinned and pointed at Taeyeon, “Your cheeks are turning red. Admit it. You’re in love with Tiffany.”

Taeyeon tried to quieten Jessica down, “Don’t say it so loudly, what if the other members hear?”

Jessica crossed her arms across her chest, “Then admit it.”

Taeyeon threw up her hands in defeat and whispered, “Fine, I admit it. I’m in love with Tiffany Hwang. Happy?”

Jessica smiled. Although Taeyeon was cross with Jessica for forcing her to admit her love for Tiffany, she was still glad to see Jessica was smiling for the first time in several days.

“You should confess to her, today.” Jessica suggested.

“Today?” Taeyeon shouted, looking stunned.

“What’s wrong with that?” Jessica stared at Taeyeon.

“Is she in love with me?” asked Taeyeon in a meek voice.

“Yes, she is. She’s been love with you for a long, long time.” Jessica answered.

“So have I.” smiled Taeyeon in a dreamy manner.

“You should confess to her today, she’ll definitely accept. You two will be happy together.” Jessica encouraged.

Taeyeon jumped up from her bed and began to run outside.

“I should start preparing then, “she grinned, giving Jessica a thumbs up. After the door closed for a few seconds, Taeyeon poked her head back in, “Thank you very much, Jessica. I would never have done this without your help.”

Jessica smiled in return, “No problem. It’s hard to see both of you having feelings for each other and not confessing. Fighting!”

Taeyeon was leaping up and down along the corridor when her phone rang. She picked up and said, “Hello…”

Tiffany replied enthusiastically, “Hi Taeyeon, I’m having a little break right now. I just wanted to let you know that you are not to leave Jessica alone for a long time.”

Taeyeon nervously replied, “But I have to go somewhere, quite urgently.”

Tiffany thought for a while, “Get some of the other members to stay with her. I’m just scared for her, she’s being really depressed lately.”

Taeyeon nodded, “Okay, I’ll ring you back if there’s any problems.”

Tiffany smiled, “Thank you very much Taeyeon. Goodbye.”

Taeyeon checked the clock. She didn’t have much time to prepare for the confession. She hurried to Yoona/Seohyun’s room and burst through the door to find the maknae comforting the crying Yoona.

“I’m so sorry to interrupt. I should knock this time. Very sorry.” Taeyeon kept on bowing and stepping backwards until she reached the door. She wondered why Yoona was crying but put that problem to the back of her mind. She would think about that later. She went to Sunny/Hyoyeon’s room and knocked before opening the door.

“Hello, do you two have to go anywhere in the next few hours?” Taeyeon asked.

“I have to practice dancing soon.” Hyoyeon replied.

“And I have a meeting with someone.” Sunny added.

“That’s okay. Hope both of you have fun!” Taeyeon smiled as she went out.

She began dialling Tiffanys’ number into her phone.

“Hello…” said Tiffany.

“Oh, hello Tiffany. There’s no-one to keep Jessica company. I’ve asked everyone.”

“Have you?”

Taeyeon quickly turned around, almost dropping her phone in the process and accidentally put the phone on speaker.

Yuri raised her eyebrows at Taeyeon. Taeyeon gulped, looks darting from Yuri to Sooyoung, she had not asked both of them as there seemed to be some friction between the two and Jessica lately.

Taeyeon gave them both a nervous chuckle and backed away, trying to calmly say, “Well, um… you two seemed a little busy so um… I didn’t… um try to disturb you.” Suddenly she felt the wall against her back. Yuri advanced and Taeyeon cowered slightly.

Fortunately, Tiffany interrupted, “Why did it suddenly go all quiet?”

Taeyeon quickly answered back, “We’ll talk about this matter privately.”

Then turning to Yuri and Sooyoung, she waved and called out a quick goodbye before escaping into Tiffany’s old room.

“Sorry about that Tiffany, I didn’t ask Yuri and Sooyoung because they’ve been acting strangely around Jessica.” Taeyeon whispered.

“That’s alright” replied Tiffany, “but what are we going to do about Jessica?”

They both thought for a few moments.

“Could you take Jessica with you, to where you are going?” Tiffany suggested.

Taeyeon thought about this for a few seconds and jumped into the air, “That’s brilliant. You’re so clever Tiffany! Got to go now. Goodbye Fany.”she exclaimed.

Tiffany glanced at her phone with a puzzled expression, “Did she just call me Fany?” she murmured. “That’s cute.” she mumbled with a smile on her face.

“What’s cute?” asked the director.

Tiffany turned slightly pink and pointed to the teddy bear on the bed and blurted out, “The teddy bear.”

The director smiled, “Glad you think it is cute. We’ll go back to filming now. Tiffany, go to the door over there and on the count of 3, walk into the room. Pretend you’ve just come back from school."

Tiffany nodded and walked to the door, still thinking about the name Taeyeon had called her.

*

Taeyeon rushed back to her room and pulled Jessica from the bed where she was having a short nap.

“What’s wrong? Why do you look so enthusiastic?” asked Jessica sleepily.

“You’re coming with me.” Taeyeon squeaked with excitement.

“Where?” mumbled Jessica, who was still not fully awake.

“Well, since you’re Tiffany’s best friend, you must know all of the things she likes, right?” Taeyeon grinned.

Jessica gave a small nod and pulled a pillow over her head.

“So, you’re going shopping with me!” Taeyeon smiled as she dragged a drowsy Jessica outside.

“But, we’ve only got a few hours.” complained Jessica to no avail.

“All the more reason to hurry.” said Taeyeon as she began running to the mall with a disgruntled Jessica in tow.

*+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Can you guess what happens next? (I think it's pretty obvious)This chapter is quite boring but it's just leading up to the ...                 Keep up with the commenting, it's so wonderful to read through all of them before writing.                                                                               Stay tuned, next chapter will be up soon!