Dinner

You are the Key to my Heart

Hello everyone,

 

The weather outside is absolutely terrible which is the perfect excuse for me to stay indoors, sipping a cup of hot chocolate and type up this chapter. As a result, this chapter is quite long. I hope you enjoy it!

 

Also, I'm sorry about the title, it's really uninteresting but I couldn't think of anything better. My brain was so tired after writing so much. If any of you have any suggestions for a better title, please tell me and I will consider changing it.

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

 

 

Taeyeon stood on tiptoe as she peered through the window for the fifth time. “Fany, has he finished yet?” she asked the slightly taller girl who was also looking through the window.

 

“I think he will come out soon, he’s talking to the camera people.” replied Tiffany.

 

Tiffany smiled dreamily, “I can see why Jessica admires him so much.”

 

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes and asked, “Why?”

 

Tiffany sighed, “He’s such a lovely and friendly person. And he’s really handsome too, have you ever seen his…”

 

Taeyeon cut her off, “Yeah, yeah, I know, no need to go into the detail.”

 

She crossed her arms, turned away from Tiffany and glared at the ground. Then she felt a pair of arms envelop her.

 

“Is my TaeTae jealous?” asked Tiffany playfully.

 

Taeyeon refused to answer and tried to shake Tiffany’s arm off.

 

Tiffany turned Taeyeon around and bent down so she could see Taeyeon, “I was only teasing Taeyeon. I might admire Daniel Henney a lot but do you know what?”

 

Taeyeon tried to hide her interest, “What?”

 

Tiffany giggled, “There’s only one special person in my heart. Do you know who that is?”

 

Taeyeon lifted her head and feigned ignorance, “Who?”

 

Tiffany laughed and hit Taeyeon on the arm, “Stop pretending you don’t know!”

 

Taeyeon smiled mischievously, “But Fany, I honestly don’t know! Why can’t you tell me?”

 

Tiffany leant down and was about to whisper something when a voice interrupted them.

 

“Hello girls, I haven’t seen you in a long time, how have you been?”

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany broke apart awkwardly, shuffling their feet and keeping their blushing faces to the floor.

 

Taeyeon regained her composure first and smiled at the man in front of her, “Hello Daniel, we’ve all been very well. How about you?”

 

The man smiled back and answered, “Good, I’ve been quite busy recently in America but now that I’ve come back to Korea, I’ve had more spare time.”

 

Taeyeon’s expression brightened up, “Sounds great! I was wondering if you have some spare time tonight…”

 

Daniel looked surprised but replied, “I actually do, after 6pm. Why do you ask?”

 

Taeyeon crossed her finger behind her back and tentatively said, “Well, you know Jessica is a very big fan of you…”

 

He smiled and nodded.

 

“She’s been a bit down lately and we were wondering if you would like to go to dinner with her to cheer her up.” Taeyeon continued.

 

Daniel’s face broke into a grin, “Sure, no problem. What time and what place?”

 

Taeyeon grinned back, “7pm will do” and she handed him the card of a restaurant, “We’ll reserve a spot for you”

 

After Daniel Henney thanked them and walked off, Taeyeon and Tiffany jumped around crazily, hi-fiving each other. Their plan was beginning to fall in place.

 

*

 

Yoona woke from her sleep and remembered what had happened the night before. Was that a dream? She looked around the room and saw the soup bowl with the spoon on her bedside table. She smiled, it wasn’t a dream after all, but the feeling inside her was bittersweet.

 

*

 

Yuri sat in her room, writing in her diary, her fountain pen forming elaborate letters. She felt very conflicted. Could it really be that she was starting to fall in love with Yoona? The other part of her mind argued back, falling in love with Yoona is the wrong thing, it said, why didn’t she just forget about it and move on? 

 

She let go of her pen, letting it fall to the floor and leant her head against the wall, feeling the dull throb pounding in her mind as she tried to work out what to do.

 

Suddenly, in one swift movement she ripped out the pages she had just written them. Striding to the open window, she tore them into little pieces and let them drift in the breeze. As she watched the little white specks float away, she sank to her knees and tears began to roll down her cheeks.

 

*

 

Seohyun was hurrying back to the dorm as she realised she had forgotten her notebook on her way out. As she glanced up to the sky, she saw what looked like white confetti being tossed around in the wind. As one blew close by, she reached up and caught it. It was a shred of white paper and on it, in beautifully calligraphed writing were the words: I love you

 

After she had read the words, she let a single tear escape from her eyes.

 

*

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany ran to the restaurant, puffing hard as they reached the door. It was 5:30pm, they still had one and a half hours until Jessica and Daniel were going to meet for dinner. And they had a lot of things to do.

 

They had already phoned the restaurant beforehand and reserved a place, as well as asking if they could be in charge of the couple for the night. The manager of the restaurant was a big fan of Girls’ Generation and agreed immediately.  For the next hour, they rushed in and out of the restaurant making sure everything was perfect.

 

*

 

Jessica smiled briefly at Daniel Henney as he took her hand and led her to the restaurant. Although she thought he was very handsome and a wonderful person, she didn’t feel anything special, nothing like what she felt when she was with Sooyoung. But she promised Tiffany and Taeyeon that she would enjoy the dinner and look happy.

 

They entered the restaurant and were ushered to their reserved table. Jessica took one look at the table, which was in a secluded area right next to the window and almost choked with embarrassment. There were candles floating in glasses of water on the window ledge, gently swaying to the evening breeze; a vase of red roses centred the table; pink rose petals were sprinkled confetti-style over the white table-cloth; the crystal napkin rings were heart-shaped and the forks and spoons were tied with red ribbon. Was this some kind of joke? The table was set up as if they were on a date. She gingerly perched on one of the seats and discreetly attempted to remove the rose petals on the table. Daniel, however, noticed this and attempted to cover his amusement which fortunately, Jessica failed to notice.

 

Not known to her, Taeyeon and Tiffany were peering at the two through a gap in the kitchen door. Tiffany wrinkled her nose as she heard the music going through the speakers, she nudged Taeyeon, and whispered, “Go and put on some more romantic music.”

 

As Taeyeon turned to do so, Tiffany called out, “And dim the lights in their corner!”

 

Taeyeon hurried to do her girlfriend’s bidding and muttered, “What sort of a girlfriend have I managed to get…”

 

Tiffany yelled, “I heard that!”

 

Taeyeon squeaked, “Oops!” and scuttled out of her girlfriend’s reach.

 

Back at the table, both of them had ordered their meals and were smiling awkwardly at each other. They finally managed to make a conversation, but Jessica’s thoughts were elsewhere. She wondered where Sooyoung was and what she was doing. She had become so far away from her. Now, she could only love Sooyoung from a great distance, they were almost always separated.

 

“Are you in love with anyone?” Daniel asked, which brought Jessica back to the conversation.

 

She didn’t know how to answer the question, she stammered, “Um… erm… yes?”

 

Daniel looked interested, “Can you tell me who?”

 

Jessica shook her head.

 

Their meals arrived and they ate, discussing about what had happened recently and their plans for the future.

 

After they finished dinner, Daniel Henney shook Jessica’s hand.

 

“I can tell that you’re not in love with me, because you’ve looked distracted throughout dinner” he chuckled, “but I know for certain that the person you love is very lucky. Let’s be good friends, alright?”

 

Jessica smiled genuinely for the first time that night and murmured, “That would be nice.”

 

Daniel Henney escorted her to a waiting taxi and waved goodbye to her. Before the taxi left, he told her, “If you need any help, just let me know.” And he gave her a wink.

 

*

 

Jessica arrived back to the dorm, exhausted. It had been a tiring day especially going out to dinner with Daniel Henney but she could feel confidence coming back to her. She closed her eyes and his words echoed in her head, the person you love is very lucky.

 

When she opened her eyes she saw two faces looking at her curiously.

 

“How was it?” asked Tiffany.

 

Jessica trudged to the bathroom and replied, “Alright.”

 

“Anything, interesting happen?” questioned Taeyeon.

 

“Nothing much, just an ordinary dinner.” Jessica mumbled.

 

Tiffany raised her eyebrows, “Did he say anything special to you?”

 

Jessica shook her head.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany glanced at each other.

 

Taeyeon asked, “Did he, by any chance, ask you…”

 

Jessica pushed both of them out of the bathroom, “I’m taking a shower. And you two, stop being so nosy.”

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany crept back to the safety of their room and sat down wearily.

 

“Do you think it worked?” Taeyeon asked Tiffany.

 

Tiffany shook her head.

 

Taeyeon sighed, “Next time, we’ll try again, but we’ll do it differently.”

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

 

A bit thank you to all of my subscribers and commenters. Recently, I've been getting less comments. If you read this story it would be very kind of you to give me a comment, it really motivates me to continue writing more knowing that I have so much support.

 

Anyone curious on why Seohyun cried when she saw the paper with the words I love you? Or on what Taeyeon and Tiffany are going to do next time? Any sorry to the YoonYul shippers who thought everything was going to get better for the couple, things between them were short-lived, for the meantime. Like SooSica, it might take some time for them to be together. But be patient! They will be together, some time later in the story:)