A Discovery

You are the Key to my Heart

Hello my readers,

Since it's Sooyoung's birthday today, I have a little present for all of you. First is an update to this story. The next will be revealed later today.

It seems that all of my readers are happy that TaeNy are together and are playing Cupid. It's not that easy though, as you will see in this chapter. Enjoy! And please continue to comment and subscribe. I'm so thankful for your support.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*​+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Tiffany opened her eyes and her lips curved into a smile. She was finally with the love of her life. Rolling out of bed, she saw a note left on the table and picked it up.

To my lovely Tiffany,

My schedule starts really early today so I probably won’t be there when you wake up. I’m very sorry but to make it up to you, I have something special for you. Find it on the breakfast table. Hopefully the two shikshins haven’t touched it. And if you have any extra time today, remember to work on our plan!

Love

Taeyeon

She smiled as she read through the note and picked up the faint trace of fragrance from that little piece of paper that reminded her so much of that one person.

Seeing her best friend sleeping peacefully, she crept downstairs to see what Taeyeon had made for her.

*

Tiffany entered Sooyoung/Yuri’s room and looked around. There did not seem to be a diary or journal of any sort. She began to look in the cupboards, shelves, under the beds, through the drawers of the tables but she could not find anything useful for their plan. With frustration she sighed and walked out the door.

However, she accidentally tripped on her way out and fell hard on the wooden floor. Tiffany groaned and rubbed her chin. After checking herself, she found no major injuries, and frowned at the floor, trying to discover what object had tripped her up.

She did not see any object and puzzled she ran her hands along the ground until her fingers found a small gap in the floor. Peering at it more closely, she saw that the gap was made by a floorboard that had been levered up slightly.

Curiously, she pulled the floorboard up and Tiffany found with great surprise, a small compartment with a leather-bound book inside.  Running her hands along the surface she found an embroidered name in blue, Yuri.

She opened it up and turned to the last entry Yuri had written.

I was quite suspicious today of Jessica, Taeyeon and Tiffany. Jessica said she was going to take Tiffany out for dinner but returned without her. About an hour after she came back, Taeyeon and Tiffany turned up. I sense something strange going on between the three, I have a feeling that Taeyeon and Tiffany have feelings for each other as well. It is surprising that I have never noticed this before. Now I must deal with two love problems in our group, Sooyoung and Jessica as well as Taeyeon and Tiffany. At least Sooyoung and Jessica won’t be a couple as my plan was successful.

Tiffany frowned and wondered what plan Yuri had done. She turned to the entry before that.

I have made progress with my plan. Since I now share a room with Sooyoung, I can become closer to her and hopefully make her forget about her love for Jessica. She confessed her feelings about Jessica to me today and I made her promise that she would not be in a relationship with Jessica. I have to admit, it was very mean of me but it will be for the best for our group. If the public finds a girl and girl relationship in our group, our reputation will be damaged. Even though I have not mentioned this issue to the other members, I’m sure they would support what I am doing now. I managed to convince Sooyoung that Jessica was not in love with her and I told her, it would only hurt her if she continued to have feelings for her.

Tiffany had read enough, she slammed the book shut. Yuri had not realised she had hurt Jessica and Sooyoung so much with her plans. Even though, Yuri might think that a girl and girl relationship would be harmful to the group, separating two people in love would be even more harmful. As she began to think more clearly, Tiffany realised that there wasn’t much they could do if Yuri was in their way. After all, she was a very determined person and Sooyoung had made that promise.

Sighing sadly, she returned the book to its compartment and went back to her room, sitting on the bed with deep thought.

*

Taeyeon rushed up the stairs and burst into her room. Her schedule was finally finished and she was able to be next to Tiffany again.

“Hello…” Taeyeon beamed but the smile disappeared as soon as she saw Tiffany’s dejected expression.

“What’s wrong?” asked Taeyeon as she put an arm around Tiffany’s shoulder.

Tiffany sighed, “Yuri… doesn’t support girl and girl relationships. She knows about Sooyoung and Jessica and is suspicious of us. She made Sooyoung promise that she wouldn’t love Jessica anymore. What are we going to do?”

Taeyeon tried to be optimistic, “Well, nothing is going to break us apart. I love you and only you. And about Jessica, we might have to change plans.”

Tiffany looked up into Taeyeon’s eyes. “How?”

Taeyeon smiled, “Well, since Jessica can’t be with Sooyoung, we’ll try to make her fall for someone else. But we’ll start off by making her happier, she’s been looking very sad these days.”

Tiffany frowned, “I’m not sure if it’s the best thing to do, but I guess we have little choice.”

Taeyeon smiled and hugged Tiffany, “We’ll start tomorrow!” she exclaimed excitedly.

Tiffany nodded as she rested her head against Taeyeon’s shoulder.

“Taeyeon…” she began.

“Yes?” murmured Taeyeon.

“I was thinking… remember, yesterday, you were talking to me on the phone?” Tiffany asked.

“Mmmm…” answered Taeyeon.

“When you were saying goodbye to me, you called me Fany.” Tiffany continued.

Taeyeon blushed, “I called you that?”

Tiffany smiled, “Yes”

Taeyeon stammered, “Uh… it’s my nickname for you, but if you don't like it, I will still call you Tiffany.”

Tiffany drew back from the hug and kissed Taeyeon quickly, “I love the nickname. It’s so cute! But if you’re going to call me that, I have to think of a nickname for you too.”

She sat there, face furrowed in concentration.

Taeyeon laughed at the serious expression on Tiffany’s face and tenderly brushed a few wisps of hair from Tiffany’s eyes.

Tiffany’s face suddenly brightened up and she eyesmiled at Taeyeon, “I got it!”

Taeyeon looked with interest at Tiffany.

“I will call you TaeTae! Do you like that nickname?” Tiffany glanced at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon grinned, “Yes, of course! I will be happy with any nickname you call me.”

Tiffany smiled mischievously, “Really?” she asked with one eyebrow raised. “How about … ByunTaeng?”

Taeyeon glared at Tiffany and pouted cutely.

“I’m not a byuntae! It’s just that, people misunderstand…” Taeyeon whined.

Tiffany affectionately ruffled Taeyeon’s hair.

“I know, it’s ok…I’ll just call you TaeTae from now on. Happy?” Tiffany questioned.

Taeyeon nodded happily, “Yes, very happy Fany. Did you get my gift this morning?”

Tiffany smiled, “I did. The two shikshins were drooling over it but your note to them was quite threatening so they didn’t dare to touch it.”

Taeyeon nodded, “It was the only way I could get them to not eat it.”

Tiffany opened her drawer and took out the white box tied with a delicate pink ribbon. She untied it, took out one of the sweets and placed into Taeyeon’s mouth.

Taeyeon said while chewing, “I thought you would have finished it.”

Tiffany shook her head, “No, I kept it so we could share. And don’t speak with your mouth full.”

Taeyeon frowned a little and popped one of the sweets in Tiffany’s mouth. A smile formed on her face as she chewed the sweet.

 Little did they know, Jessica was watching them, an affectionate smile on her face as they fed each other and laughed.