But...

You are the Key to my Heart

 

Hello to all of my wonderful readers, 

 

How are you finding this story so far? Interesting or not? Too slow-paced? It would be great to let me know with a comment. I seem to be getting a lack of comments recently, in fact, my last chapter only had 4. Which made me really, really sad. Hopefully more of my readers will leave comments for this chapter. And then, I'll update quicker:D

 

I added part of the reason why Seohyun cried after reading the words I love you. I think you can already tell who she's in love with and who was previously in love with her. Any guesses? Full details will be revealed in the next chapter. 

 

Enjoy reading!

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

 

 

“What on earth do you think you are doing?” she shouted.

 

Taeyeon cowered under the younger girl’s icy glare.

 

Tiffany peeked from behind Jessica’s shoulder, “What’s wrong Jessi…”

 

formed an O shape as she looked at the room.

 

She pushed past Jessica, put her hands on her hips and frowned at Taeyeon, “TaeTae, what were you thinking of?”

 

“Um…nothing really. Just a small clean up.”

 

Both the girls standing in the doorway glared at Taeyeon with disbelief, “Small?” they shouted.

 

Taeyeon clapped her hands over her ears.

 

“Hey! Calm down, no need to be so loud.”

 

Jessica gritted her teeth, “Taeyeon, get out of our room right now!”

 

Taeyeon looked to her Tiffany for support but Tiffany just shook her head.

 

Taeyeon looked from one to the other as she tried to make a decision. She stood up and glared back at the two girls, “If you two think it’s so messy then you can get out of the room until I finish cleaning up!”

 

Seeing that the two girls were going nowhere, Taeyeon forcefully pushed them out and locked the door before heaving a sigh of relief.

 

Outside the room Jessica remarked, “Tiffany, your girlfriend’s pretty strong for a midget”

 

“Yah! I heard that!” yelled a voice from the other side of the door.

 

Tiffany giggled, “And she had a pretty loud voice too.”

 

The two girls walked to the living room to watch television.

 

*

 

Back in the room, Taeyeon sulked.

 

“Your girlfriend is pretty strong for a midget” she mimicked. “Humph.” Taeyeon huffed, “I might reconsider helping you and Sooyoung.”

 

She leaned against the door and surveyed her handiwork. At least it had worked, for the meantime.

 

Someone knocked on the door.

 

Taeyeon jumped in the air, “Who is it?” she asked suspiciously.

 

“It’s me, Sooyoung.” a tired voice replied from outside the door.

 

Taeyeon quickly fumbled to unlock the door and poked her head out.

 

“Hello Sooyoung” she beamed, “Did you need anything?”

 

Sooyoung nodded, “I want to talk.”

 

“Sure, come in.” smiled Taeyeon and extended her arm invitingly. Then she realised that Sooyoung was gazing at the room in amusement, “Or maybe not.”

 

Sooyoung laughed, “I never thought you were that messy Taeyeon.”

 

“I’m not!” protested Taeyeon. It’s just part of mission 2, Get Jessica and Sooyoung to sleep in the same room. Except, maybe I should have consulted Fany before undertaking it by myself.

 

Sooyoung smiled knowingly and patted Taeyeon’s shoulder, “Don’t worry. I understand, I tend to be quite messy myself. Let’s go somewhere else. How about the living room?”

 

Taeyeon nodded obediently and followed the taller girl.

 

“Ow!” mumbled Taeyeon as she walked into the back of the taller girl. “Why are you just standing there?” she muttered.

 

Taeyeon gazed in the direction of Sooyoung’s frozen expression.

 

“Um… Sooyoung, I think you should know that…”

 

Sooyoung ran out the door before Taeyeon got to finish her sentence.

 

Taeyeon sighed grumpily, “Why are things just not going right for me today?”

 

“What did you say TaeTae?” whispered Tiffany.

 

“Nothing” mumbled Taeyeon. “But why on earth does Jessica have her head on your lap?”

 

Tiffany looked at Jessica with pity, “She’s been having a hard time. She cried herself to sleep.”

 

Taeyeon’s anger faded somewhat as she saw Jessica was peacefully sleeping.

 

“But there’s a problem.” she groaned, sitting down on the floor.

 

“What problem?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Sooyoung saw.” Taeyeon sighed.

 

Tiffany turned her head to the window, “You should probably go after her and explain.”

 

She paused before asking, “Just wondering, why was the room a mess?”

 

Taeyeon smiled sheepishly, “Mission 2, but I forgot to tell you about it.”

 

Tiffany hit Taeyeon affectionately, “I bet the mission’s really awful.” she joked.

 

Taeyeon pouted, “But it’s not! Just needs a little improving.”

 

Tiffany laughed quietly, “I think it needs a lot of improving. And it seemed really suspicious too. You’re usually the tidiest person in the dorm!”

 

“I know. I know. You’re in charge of the next mission Madam.” Taeyeon gave a mock salute before heading to the door.

 

*

 

Seohyun lay on the bed, looking up at the white ceiling. Yoona was sleeping in the bed beside her. She had let Yoona pour out all her feelings to her and tried to give words of advice to the older girl. Love was being hard for Yoona but Seohyun hoped things would turn around soon. After all, Yuri had helped Yoona when she sprained her ankle and had eaten with Yoona at all mealtimes. Maybe Yuri would eventually see that Yoona’s feelings to her are beyond friendship. But despite being the person who was exceptional at giving advice for other people’s love lives, she was hopeless in her own love life. Seohyun kept a secret to herself, locked deep in her heart and planned to continue to do so for some time yet.

 

She would be painfully reminded of that night, every day she saw her. Her with the blond hair, soft brown eyes, playfulness and optimism.

 

She felt so bad for doing what she had done, she truly regretted it. She was certain that she would never forgive her.

 

But… I miss you. I miss how we can’t have a normal conversation anymore. I miss being in a room together. I miss those conversations we’d have in the middle of the night. I miss you being there to wipe away my tears and to share my smiles and laughs. I miss those times… But I broke your heart and mine so carelessly… I threw away in a moment, almost everything we treasured so much… I was so foolish to make that mistake… But now it’s too late. Too late to ask for your forgiveness. Too late to try and fix what I’ve done. If only… if only… I could turn back time. I could change everything. I could save us from all this pain we’re going through.

 

She curled up into a ball and let her tears drop onto the pillow, with nobody to comfort her.

 

*

 

“Hey!” *puff* Soo *puff* young! Stop!!!

 

Sooyoung reluctantly stopped running from Taeyeon who was currently staggering to her. Taeyeon grabbed Sooyoung’s arm and collapsed onto the younger girl.

 

Gulping in a few deep breaths of air, Taeyeon pulled a face at Sooyoung, “Why do you have to run so much? You were running like there was a lion after you or something.”

 

Sooyoung didn’t reply, instead kicking at the dust with her sneakers.

 

“Tell me why you ran out of the door in such a hurry” demanded Taeyeon.

 

Sooyoung turned eyes glistening with tears to Taeyeon, “I think you already know”

 

Taeyeon knew she was treading on unsteady ground, “Is it because of… Jessica and Fa.. I mean Tiffany?”

 

Sooyoung looked into the distance, “They were… they…were together” she wiped away the tears that spilled out of her eyes. She sniffled loudly.

 

Taeyeon could no longer hold in her laughter. She felt sorry for Sooyoung but she was astonished that Sooyoung had been so oblivious to the way she and Tiffany had been acting for the past few weeks. She laughed so hard she ended up sitting on the footpath, tears streaming down her cheeks.

 

Sooyoung glared at the older girl, “Are you that insensitive Kim Taeyeon? I’m so hurt because, Jessica and… Tiffany are together and you’re laughing you’re head off. What is this? Some sort of joke?”

 

Taeyeon shook her hands vigorously and got up from the ground. “No, that’s not the reason why.” She winced as she patted her stomach, “Ouch! You made me laugh so hard my stomach hurts.”

 

Sooyoung grumbled, “Serves you right for laughing so much. If that’s not the reason why you were laughing, then what is?”

 

Taeyeon smiled, “I thought you might have realised.”

 

“Realised what?” interrupted Sooyoung.

 

“Realised that Tiffany and I are a couple.” Taeyeon explained.

 

“I know that.” muttered Sooyoung.

 

“Then why were you so hurt when you saw Jessica and Tiffany together?” asked Taeyeon.

 

“But they’re actually a couple, right? They’re always so close in the dorm.” cried Sooyoung.

 

Taeyeon looked puzzled, “What do you mean?” Tiffany and I are a couple, as in a real couple.”

 

Sooyoung looked at her blankly, “I know that Tiffany and you have a lot of shippers but your relationship is just…”

 

Taeyeon cut her off, “You can be quite dense, Sooyoung. Tiffany and I are in a relationship. We’re dating, well sort of,…”

 

Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon with an expression of shock and surprise, “Are you serious?”

 

Taeyeon nodded, “Jessica and Tiffany are just best friends. That’s all. And Jessica l...”

 

Sooyoung was jumping in happiness, “That’s wonderful! It means that Jessica is…” She stopped herself from saying the words aloud. I’m not supposed to be in love with her. But Taeyeon knows about it, right? But, I made a promise to Yuri to not…

 

“I’m hungry.” Sooyoung remarked, “I’ll just go and get some food. See you later!” Sooyoung quickly made her escape from Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon sighed, “Just as I was about to tell her that Jessica is in love with her too, she cuts me off. And why is she so unwilling to admit her love for Jessica? I’ll think we’ll stick with the missions to get them closer to each other for now.”