Mistakes

You are the Key to my Heart

Hello my readers, 

 

This is quite a short update but I still hope you enjoy it as much as the other ones. Next update will be longer, I promise:) There's quite a couple of interesting things that happen in this chapter, good and bad. Thank you to all my new subscribers, the comments and wall posts, your encouragement and compliments mean a lot to me♥ Also a huge thank you to the people who upvoted this story, I'm in a bit of a rush now so I don't have time to put up your names but I'll mention it in the next update. That's all from me for now, just sit back, read and enjoy!

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

 

Sunny released the door handle in despair. The room was empty.

 

I was too late.

 

She saw the white curtains flapping in the breeze and she peered out the window.

 

Yoona must have escaped through here. But where to?

 

Then it hit her mind, it was so obvious of Yoona but foolish too.

 

She couldn’t have gone far.

 

Sunny punched in their manager’s number.

 

“Hello?” said the manager.

 

“Hello! It’s Sunny,” smiled Sunny.

 

“Oh, what do you need?” he asked.

 

“What is Yuri’s schedule today?” she questioned.

 

There was a rustle of papers.

 

“She doesn’t have a schedule today, it’s a free day for her today.” he replied.

 

Sunny was silent.

 

“Sunny? Are you there? Is anything wrong?” he said anxiously.

 

Sunny snapped out of her thoughts, “It’s fine, everything’s alright. Thank you manager oppa!”

 

“No problem, if you need any help just phone me” he answered.

 

“Bye” said Sunny.

 

“Bye,” said the manager.

 

Sunny puffed her cheeks out.

 

So Yuri doesn’t have a schedule today. Why did she have to leave to go somewhere at 2 then? Seems strange. Maybe she had a meeting with someone. But, that’s not likely. All the other members are busy with something else and as far as I know a lot of the idols in other groups are extremely busy too. Should I wait for Yoona?

 

*

 

Hyoyeon could hear her heart pounding in her ears. She was very nervous.

 

Come on Hyoyeon, you can do this.

 

“Seohyun, you remember the night we had the celebration after the success of our new album and I was really drunk?” she asked.

 

Seohyun nodded faintly.

 

“I did something really stupid that night” Hyoyeon laughed bitterly.

 

“And after that…things were really awkward between us, but then we went back to being friends. I just want to clear up… the issue so could we just put it behind us?” mumbled Hyoyeon while fidgeting from anxiety.

 

Seohyun looked at her hands and gave no reply.

 

“Please? Let’s just forget it ever happened.” pleaded Hyoyeon.

 

“What if I don’t want to?” said Seohyun in a low whisper.

 

Hyoyeon was shocked, out of all the possible answers from Seohyun that she had thought of, she had never expected that one.

 

“But, why?” she questioned with puzzlement and shock.

 

Did I go too far that night and can she never forgive me now? I was such an idiot, if only I hadn’t been so drunk and made that confession.

 

Tears sparkled in her eyes and she lowered her head so Seohyun could not see her cry.

 

Seohyun steeled herself, trying to stop her legs from trembling and walked to Hyoyeon’s bed. She leaned closer and gently brushed her fingers against Hyoyeon’s cheek, feeling the wetness of her tears.

 

“Because…” she murmured before gently pressing her lips against Hyoyeon’s.

 

At first, Seohyun felt a burst of panic when Hyoyeon didn’t respond but then she felt Hyoyeon begin to kiss her back and she relaxed more, enjoying the rush of sensations. Hesitantly she drew back. Hyoyeon looked at her with confusion and discreetly bit her lip.

 

“Why did you do that?” she asked with a pained expression, “You don’t need to return my feelings to you.”

 

Seohyun looked into Hyoyeon’s eyes, “But… I love you…” she whispered.

 

Hyoyeon let out a snort of laughter and got out of the hospital bed and began to walk to the door, “Don’t play with me Seo Joohyun” she snarled, “You made it clear that night that you didn’t…”

 

Seohyun used all her strength to pull Hyoyeon back and put a hand over .

 

She drew in a shaky breath, “I didn’t say that I didn’t love you that night. You assumed that I did.”

 

Hyoyeon forcefully removed Seohyun’s hand, “You ran out of the room, what more did you need to do?”

 

She took large strides to the door, opened it and looked ready to slam it shut.  

 

Seohyun flinched at Hyoyeon’s anger, “Just listen to me Kim Hyoyeon!” she begged.

 

Hyoyeon reluctantly stopped at the doorway and frowned, “You have 1 minute”

 

Seohyun clenched her fists and tried to will away her tears, “I am being honest when I said I love you. Do you think I am the sort of person who would lie? Especially about such an important thing…”

 

Hyoyeon glared at her, “You’re wasting my time.”

 

Seohyun held up a hand, struggling to maintain her composure, “I still have 20 seconds. I ran away that night because I was scared”

 

Hyoyeon tapped her foot impatiently, “10… 9… 8…”

 

“Just listen!” cried Seohyun, unable to stop the hot tears that poured out of her eyes.

 

Hyoyeon’s icy glare softened a little but she made no move to comfort the younger girl.

 

Seohyun’s voice was now barely audible, “I was scared because I had never thought that something like this would happen. I respected two people of the same gender who loved each other but I thought it was something wrong. And I’ve been brought up to believe that a woman should fall in love with and marry a man. I thought it was improper for two girls to be together, in a romantic relationship.”

 

She sniffled and Hyoyeon demanded, “Well, if you’re scared by a girl kissing you, you must have no genuine feelings for me and so you should just go and marry a ma…”

 

Seohyun interrupted her and shouted in desperation, “I was scared because it felt good when it shouldn’t have! I felt tingles down my spine. And that was why I ran away and it’s the decision I regret the most. I broke your heart and mine too, I…”

 

Seohyun couldn’t hold back her sobs anymore.

 

Hyoyeon’s angry expression melted into a hopeful smile, “So… you actually like me?”

 

Seohyun nodded and Hyoyeon ran over and hugged the younger girl.

 

She rubbed her back soothingly and whispered in her ear, “Well, I still love you too I’m so sorry for being angry at you, I was just really hurt”. Hyoyeon gently pulled Seohyun’s hands away from her face and attempted to wipe away her tears but Seohyun hid behind her hands again.

 

“What’s wrong?” questioned Hyoyeon.

 

Seohyun sniffed, “My eyes are all puffy and red and I look…”

 

“…beautiful in my eyes.” said Hyoyeon.

 

Seohyun drew away her hands, “I don’t, I look terrible.”

 

Hyoyeon shook her head, “No you don’t”

 

She smiled slightly and leaned closer to Seohyun who closed her eyes, waiting for a kiss on the lips.

 

Holding back a giggle, Hyoyeon kissed Seohyun on both her eyelids.

 

Seohyun opened her eyes and pouted slightly.

 

Hyoyeon laughed and pulled back from their intimate position.

 

She rummaged in her pocket, eyes lighting up when she had found what she had been looking for. Kneeling down on one knee, she took out the little white box Seohyun had seen before and opened it.

 

Seohyun’s heart fluttered and tears began to trickle down her cheeks again as she realised what Hyoyeon was going to ask her.

 

“Seo Joohyun, I, Kim Hyoyeon love you with all my heart. Will you accept this pabo’s love for you and become my girlfriend?”

 

A radiant smile appeared on Seohyun’s face, “I would love to.”

 

Then she pulled Hyoyeon up and wrapped her arms tightly around the one and only one she loved.

 

Hyoyeon wriggled around in Seohyun’s embrace, “I’m meant to put the ring on you first, Seohyun!” she protested.

 

Seohyun laughed, “You can always do that later, I’m not going to run away this time.”

 

She silenced the other girl with another soft kiss.

 

*

 

Sooyoung and Taeyeon were bound and gagged, locked in separate cages.

 

Suddenly the door to the room opened and a man came in.

 

Two pairs of eyes narrowed in anger and suspicion.

 

“Well, I’m sure you want to see the ones you love right?” he chuckled, “I’ll bring you to them.”

 

Taking the two girls, he dragged the two outside.

 

At first the two girls saw what appeared to be a large lake and a cage hanging over it, when they got closer, they realised there were two people in the cage.

 

The man gestured and laughed madly, “See, you’re loves are there, waiting to be eaten by the alligators.”

 

As he spoke, several reptilian eyes appeared above the surface of the lake.

 

Sooyoung and Taeyeon looked at each other and gulped.

 

Then, they heard the easily recognisable sound of high heels clicking on the footpath then fading out as the person neared the bank.

 

Both girls looked at the new arrival in shock, surprise and hurt.

 

“I will introduce my sister, who I am sure you already know, Yuri Kwon.” he smirked.

 

“Now, to put it simply, I do not like homouals. Actually, that’s an understatement, I hate them, I detest them, I cannot tolerate them. They are all disgusting human beings. Including you!” he spoke.

 

“Since you are all beautiful, young girls and well-known idols, I will give you another chance at life. Let’s make a deal.” he snickered.

 

“But before that,” he clicked his fingers, “Let’s add something to the mix.”

 

Donghae appeared, carrying a fiercely struggling Yoona.

 

Yuri’s eyes widened and her brother grinned when he noticed.

 

“I’ve been watching you, Yuri.” he said in a menacing tone.

 

Yuri swallowed and it took all her willpower to not run to Yoona’s side.

 

Walking up to Yoona, he held a knife against , “Let me tell you the deal…”