A Pink Confession

You are the Key to my Heart

 

Hello to all my readers,

I'm so terribly sorry for not updating for so long, my internet keeps on disconnecting and I wasn't able to upload this update. I should probably get it fixed! Thank you for being so patient with me. Here's the next chapter, this is mainly for the TaeNy shippers. 

And thank you to all my subscribers and commenters. Keep on commenting, it's so lovely to come back after a long, tiring day and read through all of them. Makes me feel so much happier!

Enjoy♥

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

In the fading light of the sun, a small figure on the rooftop fidgeted nervously, her hand gently brushing invisible specks of dust from the pink tablecloth.

*

“Hello everyone!” called out Tiffany as she opened the door to the sounds of dinner being prepared.

“Hello, unnie” smiled Seohyun, “How did the CF filming go?”

“Good” grinned Tiffany trying to suppress her puzzlement on the unusual quietness of the other members.

Suddenly Jessica waltzed from the stairs wearing a flowery dress and high heels. She was trying to put on a bright face, even more so when she saw Yuri and Sooyoung deep in conversation. Do this for your best friend, she thought.

“Tiffany, go up and change quickly, I’ve already chosen what you are going to wear, they’re on the bed. We’re going out for dinner today.” ordered Jessica.

Tiffany was still staring at Jessica’s attire in surprise. Jessica glared at her and motioned to the door of Tiffany’s room.

Seeing the glare, Tiffany quickly rushed into her room to dress.

Seohyun looked curiously at Jessica, “You’re dressed very prettily unnie. What’s the special occasion?”

Jessica shook her head, “It’s nothing special. Just going out for dinner.”

Seohyun went silent after that and went to check up on Hyoyeon who was cooking dinner. Yuri looked at Jessica with a twinge of confusion and suspicion on her face. As she opened to ask Jessica something, Tiffany burst out of her room.

“Ok, let’s go.” yelled Tiffany as she tucked a few wisps of hair behind her ear.

Jessica looked at her approvingly, opened the door and walked out with Tiffany following.

Tiffany looked at Jessica curiously and bombarded her with questions, “Why are we going out for dinner today? Are we celebrating something? Why is it just the two of us? And did you see Taeyeon anywhere?”

Jessica ignored Tiffany’s questions and simply answered, “You’ll see.”

They had finally reached a nearby apartment and they both entered the elevator. Jessica pressed the highest level.

“Are we visiting someone?” asked Tiffany. “Why aren’t you answering me?”

Jessica just waited patiently as they went up a level, another level, yet another level …

After reaching the top floor, Jessica walked out the elevator and headed to the stairs.

Tiffany followed her, complaining about walking up the stairs in high heels, and demanded “Why are we going to the rooftop Jessica? Can you answer my question just this once?”

Jessica quickly shook her head and took Tiffany’s hand as they came closer to the rooftop. Then she asked, “Do you trust me?”

Tiffany glared at her and refused to say anything. Jessica sighed and deftly tied a blindfold around Tiffany’s eyes. Tiffany was so surprised that all the questions she had been meaning to ask flew out of her head. Jessica guided her up the last few steps to the rooftop.

Jessica said, “On the count of ten, you can remove the blindfold.” She then moved away, gave a thumbs up and encouraging smile to the other figure standing on the rooftop and hid behind a pillar to see the outcome.

Tiffany counted down in her head, five … four … three … two … one…

With shaking hands she undid the blindfold and blinked in surprise. She was so certain that she was dreaming. The person in front of her was …Taeyeon.

Taeyeon chuckled slightly at Tiffany’s astonished face and gestured for her to sit down. “We’ll just be having dinner on the rooftop, the food’s quite simple, I hope you don’t mind.”

Tiffany walked in disbelief to the chair that Taeyeon held out. She noticed the rose petals scattered around on the rooftop, the vase of forget-me-nots on the table, the pink tablecloth and the vanilla scented candles making a circle around the table.

Jessica smiled at the couple and left the door to the nearest take-away restaurant. Her work here was finished. It made her happy that her best friend would be with her love now, even if she wasn’t.

Taeyeon and Tiffany finished their dinner, chatting and laughing over trivial matters. Yet each was wondering for the whole time, what the other was thinking.

Tiffany wiped delicately with a napkin, “Thank you for the dinner Taeyeon. I …”

Taeyeon laid her hand on top of Tiffany’s and gazed into her eyes. She could feel her heart pounding in her ears. It’s now or never she reminded herself as she gathered up courage.

“Tiffany … there’s something I would like to tell you” Taeyeon whispered as she leaned in closer to Tiffany.

Tiffany felt the breath catch in . Taeyeon seemed very serious and the way she was looking at her made her feel extremely self-conscious.

“What do you want to tell me?” murmured Tiffany.

Taeyeon realised she had just stopped mid-sentence and blushed slightly. This was harder than she thought. She took a deep breath and said in a small voice, “I’m in love with you.”

Tiffany’s voice went up a notch due to her surprise, “You, what?” Seeing Taeyeon’s hopeful expression crumble, she mentally scolded herself for asking that.

Taeyeon felt disappointment, maybe confessing was the wrong thing to do, “It’s ok” she said, “Just forget I ever brought that up with you.” She took her hand away from Tiffany’s and began to clean up.

Tiffany caught Taeyeon’s hand and lifted the shorter girl’s chin up so they were looking at each other’s eyes. “I didn’t mean it that way.” Tiffany whispered, “I just wanted you to repeat what you said before. Because … I just couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I thought… I was dreaming when you said you were in love with me. I never thought…”

Taeyeon gently placed a finger on Tiffany’s lips. “You don’t need to say that much…”

It was Tiffany’s turn to interrupt Taeyeon, “I know, I could have just said … I’m in love with you Kim Taeyeon.”

Both girls smiled at each other, the sense of anxiety fading into the dark of the night.

Taeyeon locked eyes with Tiffany and slowly they leaned in towards each other until finally their lips pressed gently together in a chaste kiss. And as their lips touched, a single star twinkled in the evening sky.

*

It was quite late when Taeyeon and Tiffany arrived back home. Everyone looked at them curiously, wondering where they had gone.

Suddenly, Seohyun exclaimed, “Are you two okay?”

Tiffany and Taeyeon nodded their heads vigorously while nervously glancing at each other.

“Why do you ask?” questioned Taeyeon.

Seohyun smiled, “You two seem to have a dreamy glow around you.”

Taeyeon grinned sheepishly at the inquisitive looks of the other members as she pulled Tiffany to their room.

Taeyeon jumped on her bed, “That was close.” she laughed.

Tiffany smiled shyly at her, “I can still hardly believe that we’re together now.”

Taeyeon frowned slightly like a small child and gave Tiffany a more passionate kiss than the one they had shared on the rooftop. Tiffany could feel Taeyeon putting all her feelings for her into that one kiss.

“Do you believe it now?” Taeyeon asked as she drew back.

Tiffany was speechless, she could feel tingles going up and down her spine. She could only nod at the girl in front of her, the one and only person she would ever love.

Once she had recovered, Tiffany playfully asked, “Did you always love me, Taeyeon?”

Taeyeon laughed and answered, “Since the day I first saw you.”

Tiffany pouted, “What took you so long to confess?”

Taeyeon glanced at Tiffany, “I was scared that you wouldn’t return my feelings and you would leave me forever. I thought that if I didn’t tell you, at least I could be by your side as a close friend.”

She smiled wistfully before continuing, “It was actually your best friend, Jessica, that helped to give me the courage to confess to you. I’m very thankful to her.”

Tiffany nodded, “We should be thanking her a lot then. Without her guidance, we would not be together.”

Suddenly a light came into her eyes.

Taeyeon noticed it and jumped up, “What are you thinking of, Tiffany?”

Tiffany smiled and whispered into Taeyeon’s ear, “Since Jessica helped us be together, as a thank you, we should help her be together with the one she loves.”

“Who’s that?” asked Taeyeon with a puzzled expression on her face.

“Sooyoung.” murmured Tiffany.

Taeyeon nodded thoughtfully, before grabbing her notebook.

“Ok, let’s begin our plan!”