Together...

You are the Key to my Heart

 

Hello my lovely readers, 

 

Firstly I would like to say thank you for all of your comments, I was happy for days and days after seeing so many comments:D So as a big thank you to all of you, I wrote an extra long chapter, this is over 3000 words which is quite a lot since the longest chapter I have written for this story is only around 2000. So I hope you enjoy this♥

 

I was also wondering, whether you would prefer me to:

 

* Make shorter updates (around 1000 or less words) 2-3 times a week 

 

OR 

 

* Make longer updates (around 2000 words) once a week

 

I would just like to know how you would want me to update.  Please make a choice between the two or any other suggestions in a comment. Thank you^^

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

 

Tiffany curled herself up into a ball as she listened to the raindrops thudding onto the roof. She sniffled quietly and wiped her damp eyes. Why was Taeyeon flirting with Seohyun? All of that whispering and blushing and smirking and winking and laughing and touching and… How could Taeyeon be doing this to her, behind her back? *sniffle* Did Taeyeon not truly love her anymore? *sniff* Was she not good enough for her? Were all the words, the promises, the I love yous all lies? Were they? *hiccup* Maybe there was no such thing as true love, perhaps it was just something foolish, something immature, something that she shouldn’t have believed in from the start. She was so gullible, so stupid to have believed in it, believed that Taeyeon could bring her happiness, that she could fit that empty space in her heart. *sob*

 

Tiffany winced in pain as she felt something hit her.

 

She turned over and frowned at the lump next to her.

 

“Why did you hit me?” she whispered, voice cracking from her tears.

 

“Stop crying,” Sooyoung muttered, “Some people are trying to sleep.”

 

Tiffany’s frown deepened, “But I” *sniff* “can’t help it.”

 

Silence settled over them, like a thick blanket of smog, occasionally interrupted by the soft sobs, sniffles and hiccups of a crying Tiffany.

 

Sooyoung wrapped her head in a pillow and groaned. I wish Tiffany would stop crying. Because it makes me feel like crying too, and I can’t do that, not in front of other people. I must stay strong, I must pretend everything’s fine, I must act like my heart is not breaking.

 

“Tiffany” Sooyoung whispered, “Can you please stop crying? You might wake Sunny up.”

 

Tiffany suddenly remembered that they were not the only two people in the room.

 

“I’m sorry.” she replied.

 

Sooyoung sighed, she shouldn’t let the troubles in her life affect her mood, “Sorry for shouting at you earlier. It’s been a tough day. So, why were you crying?”

 

Tiffany broke out into noisy sobs, “Taeyeon… how could… she?” *sniffle* “I hate” *sob* “her. She’s so cruel, and mean and terrible and…”

 

Sooyoung crawled out of bed and pulled Tiffany into an embrace and patted her head, “Shhhh… It’s ok. Just go to sleep now. We’ll solve things tomorrow. A new day, a new beginning..” She continued to pat Tiffany’s head until the older girl fell asleep. Leaning against the wall, Sooyoung couldn’t stop her own eyes from drooping.

 

Eventually both girls were in the land of dreams, temporarily forgetting the troubles of the day. What they hadn’t noticed was the slightly open door.

 

*

 

Jessica buried herself under multiple sheets and pillows to muffle the sounds of her crying. Did I do something wrong? I just want our friendship back. To be close to you again. Do you know how much you are torturing me? Day and night, there’s only one person in my mind. And that’s you, Sooyoung, my Youngie. You’re the only one in my heart. The only one I can ever truly love. Yet holding onto you is like holding onto a rose. The thorns dig into your skin, ripping open flesh and it’s so excruciating but you want to smell the addictive scent of the rose forever, you can never let go, as much as it hurts. I just wish I could stop thinking about us, because it’s just bringing me pain. I’ve lost count of the sleepless nights I’ve had because I’ve been thinking about you. Do you not know? Do you not understand what I’m going through right now? I wish you were here with me…

 

*

 

Taeyeon groaned as she ran up another flight of stairs. Why did the elevators have to break down? I should be there, almost there…

 

She reached the floor and quickly walked down the corridor looking for door number 301. Once she arrived in front of the door, she drew in a deep breath, mentally preparing herself as she stepped into the room.

 

She saw Yoona lying in the bed, her face as white as the sheets that covered her. Yuri was anxiously sitting next to her, eyes fixed on her face for any signs of movement.

 

“Hi” Taeyeon murmured as she sat down next to Yuri.

 

Yuri gave a small nod of acknowledgement before once again focusing her gaze on Yoona.

 

Despite the dire circumstances, Taeyeon couldn’t help but let out a small smile at Yuri’s concern towards Yoona. Maybe Yuri is in love with Yoona too. That would make things easier.

 

Yuri looked back at Taeyeon, “Thanks for coming.” she smiled.

 

Taeyeon smiled back, “No problem. Is she alright?”

 

Yuri sighed, “The doctor said she should be fine. She passed out from the cold and tiredness. We just need to wait for her to wake up.”

 

Taking another glance at Yoona, Yuri stood up, “Could you watch over her while I get something to eat? I haven’t eaten anything since lunch.”

 

Taeyeon nodded, “Sure, take your time. I’ll text you if she wakes up.”

 

Yuri gave Taeyeon a grateful look, “Thanks, I don’t know what I would do without you.”

 

Taeyeon laughed, “No problem. I’m always glad to help.”  Actually, the main reason I came here was because of Tiffany. She doesn’t seem to be happy right now so I should give her some time.

 

Yuri smiled and waved as she walked out of the door.

 

Taeyeon took a look at Yoona who seemed to be sleeping peacefully. I hope she will be alright.

 

CLICK

 

Taeyeon felt the hairs on the back of her neck prickle as the door opened, making a squeaking noise. She almost jumped five feet into the air when somebody whispered “Hello” into her ear.

 

Taeyeon frowned at the girl standing in front of her, “Sunny, why did you have to scare me like that?”

 

Sunny laughed, “You should have seen your expression. It was hilarious.”

 

With Taeyeon still glaring daggers at her back, Sunny went over to Yoona’s bed and leaned over it to get a better look at Yoona.

 

She turned her concerned eyes to Taeyeon, “Is she ok? She looks so pale and fragile.”

 

Taeyeon stopped glaring and sighed, “Yuri said that the doctor said she would be alright. She just passed out from tiredness and the cold.”

 

The both of them looked back at Yoona, hoping that she would be alright.

 

Taeyeon thought for a while before asking, “Sunny, how did you know I was here?”

 

Sunny smiled playfully, “I have my ways.”

 

A hint of seriousness passed over her features and her lips curved into a small frown.

 

“The actual reason I came here was to look for you,” said Sunny quietly.

 

“Me?” asked a baffled Taeyeon.

 

Sunny put her hand on Taeyeon’s shoulder and gazed with sympathy at the older girl, “You know how Tiffany was sleeping in my room, right?”

 

Taeyeon gave a small nod.

 

Well, I fell asleep soon after you left the room. But later on I was woken by Tiffany’s crying.”

 

Taeyeon interrupted her, “Again? Why was my Tiffany crying?”

 

Sunny continued, “I don’t know. But she said that she… hated you. That you were …cruel, mean and terrible. I have no idea why she would say that about you, but I just thought I would let you know.”

 

Taeyeon drew in a sharp intake of air, trying to clear her mind. Did I hear wrong? Why do you hate me Fany? I thought we would good, that our relationship was strong. How could it possibly have shattered in such a short time? What did I do that makes me so hateable? She was no longer able to hold in her sobs. Forcefully removing herself from Sunny’s hold, she hurtled out the door and began to run down the stairs.

 

Yuri entered the room, setting down a bowl of ramen and gave Sunny a curious look.

 

“What happened to Taeyeon? She ran outside looking very hurt.” Yuri asked.

 

Sunny shrugged, “It’s not for me to say. If you really want to know, ask her and she will tell you if she wishes to. I’m going to leave now if that’s ok.”

 

Yuri nodded, “It’s fine. I have my food now so I can just stay here.”

 

Sunny smiled, “That’s good. If you need any help just ring me and I’ll come as soon as I can. I hope Yoona will wake up soon.”

 

Yuri gazed tenderly at Yoona’s face, “I’m sure she will.”

 

Sunny slowly walked out of the door, it was already 4am in the morning and she had hardly gotten any sleep. I just hope we can all have a sleep-in tomorrow. A lot of us have stayed up to ridiculous hours today. There are just so many troubles. I hope Yoona will get better soon and that Taeyeon and Tiffany will be able to resolve their problems and become friends again.

 

*

 

Yuri sat on the chair, carefully balancing her bowl of ramen on her knees, and getting ready to eat. I wonder what Sunny told Taeyeon that made her so upset. Taeyeon doesn't show that she is upset very frequently so it must have been something very distressing.

 

Just as she was about to eat, a certain doe-eyed girl’s eyelids fluttered open.

 

Yoona winced, her head felt like it had been split open and her ankle felt very swollen. Her nose caught the smell of ramen and her stomach grumbled in response. When was the last time I ate?

 

Yuri looked up when she heard a grumbling sound. She almost dropped her bowl of ramen when she saw that Yoona was awake.

 

“Oh! You’re awake.” she exclaimed.

 

Setting the bowl of ramen on the table behind her, she looked with concern at Yoona and peppered her with questions.

 

“Are you alright? Do you feel any pain? Can you move your arms and legs? Do you still remember who I am?”

 

Yoona winced as she tried to sit up, “I’m fine Yuri. It’s just that my head and ankle hurts a lot.”

 

Yuri nodded, “I’ll go and get the painkillers.”

 

She brought back a tablet and a glass of water which Yoona obligingly swallowed.

 

Yoona looked hopefully at the bowl of ramen.

 

“Do you think I could have some?” she asked.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, “Once a shikshin, always a shikshin”

 

She carried the bowl of ramen over to Yoona, “Here, you eat it.”

 

Yoona picked up the chopsticks and ravenously ate half of it before handing the bowl back to Yuri.

 

“You haven’t finished” stated a puzzled Yuri. Why didn’t Yoona finish the bowl even though she’s hungry?

 

“You can have the rest. You haven’t eaten dinner so you must be hungry too.” smiled Yoona.

 

Yuri was surprised but gladly began eating the rest of the ramen, satisfying her hunger. I’m using the chopsticks that Yoona used. Why does that thought make my heart flutter?

 

Yoon watched as Yuri ate the ramen. She looks so cute while eating… Yuri Kwon, why do you make me fall more and more in love with you every day?

 

Once Yuri had finished her ramen, she beamed at Yoona, “Thanks for sharing the ramen with me.”

 

Yoona smiled back, “It’s alright.”

 

Yuri adjusted the pillows underneath Yoona’s head, “You should probably sleep now. It’s the best way for you to get better quickly.”

 

Yoona gazed at Yuri with large, innocent eyes, “Will you stay with me?”

 

Yuri nodded, “I’ll stay by your side until you wake up. Just go to sleep now. Sweet dreams…”

 

She gently Yoona’s forehead until the younger girl fell asleep.

 

Yuri looked lovingly at her delicate features. I was meant to tell you off for running around in the cold and rain, especially at night. But that’s so impossible when you’re smiling and being so sweet and cute. Im Yoona, I don’t know what you’ve done to me. Could this truly be love?

 

*

 

Seohyun opened her eyes to the soft rays of sunshine streaming in from the window. She flicked her eyes over to the alarm clock, it was 7am. Trying to not disturb the girl sleeping beside her, Seohyun tiptoed out of the room to cook breakfast.

 

The house was very silent and it seemed as if no-one was awake so it was to her great surprise when she found a red-eyed Tiffany hunched over the kitchen table, a cup of coffee in her hands.

 

“Good morning unnie,” she tried to say happily but it was difficult when Tiffany was looking so gloomy.

 

“What’s wrong?” asked Seohyun, worried about the older girl who was usually one of the most cheerful and energetic ones.

 

Tiffany furrowed her brows together, “Nothing. What were you and Taeyeon talking about last night?”

 

Seohyun was oblivious as to why Tiffany asked that question and she shuffled her feet awkwardly, “We were talking about who Yoona is in love with. And… who I am in… love with.”

 

Seohyun went a shade of bright pink.

 

Tiffany opened but no words came out. After taking a sip of coffee she asked, “So nothing else?”

 

Seohyun shook her head as she looked for the milk. “We just talked about that. I didn’t actually tell Taeyeon who I was in love with but she was trying really hard to make me tell.”

 

Tiffany nodded, “And how was she trying to do that?”

 

Seohyun rummaged through the fridge, “Uh… well she was doing a lot of facial expressions and nudging. Why are you so curious unnie?”

 

Tiffany cleared and looked at the ground, “I was just wondering. Seemed like you two were quite close.”

 

Seohyun laughed, “We are just good friends unnie. Nothing else if that’s what you’re worried about. I think we’ve run out of milk Tiffany.”

 

Tiffany jumped up, “I’ll go and get some from the supermarket”

 

Seohyun looked surprised but nodded, “Okay, thank you unnie.”

 

Tiffany waved a goodbye, “No problem”

 

As she walked to the supermarket she began to feel guilty. Taeyeon was probably only playing around with Seohyun, trying to make the maknae embarrassed. I must have misunderstood the situation. Maybe Taeyeon wasn’t flirting with Seohyun. I was just too jealous. What am I going to do now? I’m so foolish.

 

As Tiffany walked down the aisle of the supermarket, trying to find milk she caught sight of someone. Someone who made her heart flutter and caused a wave of guilt to come crashing over her.

 

Forgetting everything, Tiffany ran towards the girl.

 

“TaeTae!”

 

Taeyeon ignored Tiffany and walked quickly away from her.

 

Eventually Tiffany caught up to Taeyeon and put her hand on the shorter girl’s shoulder.

 

“TaeTae, why are you walking away from me?” she whispered.

 

Taeyeon did not look back, trying to hold her cold expression, “Well since you… hate me so much, since you think I’m mean and terrible and cruel, why do you want to see me, to talk to me? It’s best if I just leave. And don’t call me TaeTae anymore. It’s just Taeyeon.”

 

She wrenched herself from Tiffany’s grasp and walked off leaving a distraught Tiffany behind. Who told her that I said that of her? If only I hadn’t said those words. I was just so upset, I didn’t mean it TaeTae! And I misunderstood the situation. If only you gave me time to explain to you everything. To make you understand that it was just a mistake. If only you gave me time to apologise. Should I run after you again?

 

Tiffany ran out from the supermarket and looked around trying to find Taeyeon. She vaguely saw her figure in the distance.

 

She ran after her, calling out in desperation, “TaeTae! TaeTae! Stop! Wait for me…”

 

Suddenly she slipped on the ground and would have fallen to the ground if somebody had not pulled her up. She looked up in hope, wondering if her rescuer was her TaeTae. But it was the complete opposite.

 

A towering, fat man loomed over her with a leer creeping over his ugly features. He gave her a creepy smile, showing rotten, yellow teeth which reeked of garbage. Tiffany tried to escape but he had a firm grip on her, grubby fingers wrapped tightly around her pale, slender wrist.

 

“You’re a pretty one.” grinned the man, bringing his plump, greasy fingers up to Tiffany’s cheek. Tiffany desperately tried to wriggle about, looking for somebody who would help her but the place was deserted. Suddenly she felt a foul-smelling rag tied over , preventing her from talking.

 

“You’re coming with me.” ordered the man as he dragged a helpless Tiffany to a nearby alley. Tiffany closed her eyes, letting her tears stream silently down her cheeks, hoping and praying that some sort of miracle might happen that would save her from this man.

 

All of a sudden, Tiffany felt the man let go of her wrist. Opening her eyes in surprise, she looked up and saw the man pinned to the wall by… her TaeTae.

 

Taeyeon quickly dialled the police and once they had arrested the man for assault charges, Taeyeon crouched next to Tiffany and gently removed the rag from , while gently wiping away Tiffany’s tears.

 

“Are you alright?” Taeyeon asked.

 

She was immediately knocked over by Tiffany’s hug.

 

“Thank you TaeTae, for saving me.” she whispered.

 

Tiffany drew away from the hug and looked at Taeyeon in the eyes, “I’m very sorry about saying I hate you Taeyeon. I didn’t actually mean it. It was just a misunderstanding. You see, last night, I saw you and Seohyun talking together and you were been rather touchy with her and I thought you were flirting with her. And… I was so upset at you. But I asked Seohyun this morning and she said it wasn’t like that. I’m so sorry Taeyeon. Can you forgive me?”

 

Taeyeon looked into Tiffany’s eyes which were b with tears, “Yes, of course.”

 

Tiffany beamed and began to cry.

 

Taeyeon looked at her worriedly, “Why are you crying again Fany?”

 

Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon, “We’re back together, right?”

 

Taeyeon nodded.

 

Tiffany smiled even more, “So I’m crying with happiness. I love you TaeTae. And next time, I’ll talk to you properly before jumping to conclusions.”

 

Taeyeon embraced Tiffany, “I love you too Fany. And next time, I will be more willing to listen to you, even when I’m really upset at you.”

 

The two girls pulled away from their hug and looked at each other, each girl entranced by the eyes of the other. Slowly, they moved their faces closer until their noses brushed against one another and leaned in for a long and sweet kiss.

 

As if in response, a light rain began to fall for a few minutes before the sun came out again. And there in the sky, was a magnificently coloured rainbow.