Chapter 33 Preview

You are the Key to my Heart

I've been so incredibly busy recently so I haven't really had much of a chance to finish an update but since it's Sooyoung's birthday today, I will be posting a little preview of the next chapter (they are just snippets from different parts of the chapter I have completed so far) which I will post as soon as I finish it. So for now, enjoy! From these snippets, can you guess what happens in the chapter?

 

Eventually, she could no longer bear the anxiety and curiosity eating at her and she walked up to the table and took the box in her hands. She could feel prickles of uncertainty running up and down her spine as her fingers picked timidly at the ribbon.

As Seohyun drew in a deep breath she pulled the ribbon in one swift motion, watching as it unfurled and the wrapping paper fell apart, revealing a prettily designed box. Hands trembling and heart palpitating in chest, she reached out to grasp the floral patterned box and lifted the lid, promising herself to only take a peek. But just one tiny glance at what the box contained was enough to send the box flying across to the other side of the room, the contents scattered across the floor. 

*

Taeyeon looked into her mother’s eyes, seeing her face reflected in those wells of deep worry. She hardened her expressions a little, “I want to know the truth, no matter how much it shakes my world.”

*

“Let’s…go sit down at the table and talk,” whispered her mother and Taeyeon followed her with subdued steps.

*

Sitting back next to her princess, Sooyoung caressed the soft strands of blond hair that had fallen over Jessica’s face. No words could possibly how beautiful Jessica was in her eyes and she felt warmth make its way from her heart to the rest of her body, even the tips of her fingers and toes, despite the chill of the evening breeze. 

*

Sooyoung smiled as she looked mesmerised by Jessica’s sleeping face. She looked so peaceful like that, her face free from the troubles of life, just like an angel. It felt right, perfect even, when she leaned down and laid a soft and tender kiss on Jessica’s forehead but she didn’t notice the eyelashes underneath her, fluttering like the wings of a butterfly and the rosy tint spreading across a certain someone’s cheeks.