Beautiful Angels

You are the Key to my Heart

In a restaurant near the outskirts of the city, two girls sat at a table, reading their menus.

 

Sunny fidgeted nervously with the menu, frequently sneaking surreptitious glances at the girl sitting opposite her.

 

Why is she so pretty? Like an angel, a beautiful angel who fell down from the sky…

 

Hyomin put her menu down on the table and Sunny quickly averted her eyes again.

 

“Sunny Bunny” she cooed gently.

 

Sunny’s head snapped up.

 

“Yes?” she wondered, heart thumping in her chest.

 

“You don’t have to sneak glances at me.” Hyomin giggled.

 

Sunny’s face turned the same shade of dark red as the tablecloth and she unsuccessfully tried to cover her face with the menu.

 

Hyomin rested her chin on her hands and stared at Sunny while blinking cutely.

 

“You know, Sunny Bunny, you’re incredibly pretty too.” she whispered, a small smile tugging at her lips.

 

Sunny was speechless and her only response to that was an even redder face.

 

Why does she make me feel this strange feeling?

 

Hyomin laughed at her actions and clicked her fingers to get the waiter’s attention.

 

“We’d like to order” she stated.

 

*

 

Hyoyeon and Seohyun walked down the street with linked arms.

 

“It feels good to be outside again” smiled Seohyun as she gazed at the sky tinted with streaks of roses, peaches and lilacs.

 

Hyoyeon nodded her head, “It is, especially because I’m with a beautiful angel”

 

Seohyun turned pink and hit Hyoyeon gently, “I’m not…”

 

Hyoyeon silenced her with a soft kiss, “But you are, you’re beautiful inside out and I’m so lucky to have you as my girlfriend.”

 

Seohyun couldn’t stop herself from letting out a smile and a warm, fuzzy feeling bubbled within her, “And I’m so lucky to have such a sweet and caring girlfriend.”

 

Hyoyeon beamed at her words, “Hey Seohyunnie, look there’s a small restaurant over there. Do you want to eat? It’s my treat.”

 

This is like a date, our first date.

 

Seohyun nodded with excitement, “Yes, let’s go. But both of us will pay equally, alright?”

 

Hyoyeon let out a nod.

 

She always cares a lot about being fair.

 

Seohyun tugged Hyoyeon’s hand, “Come on Hyoyeonie”

 

Hyoyeon stood there for a moment and mumbled, “Did she just call me Hyoyeonie?” A smile crept across her lips and she let Seohyun drag her to the restaurant.

 

Upon entering the restaurant, they say a couple sitting at a table.

 

Seohyun blinked.

 

Could that be…?

 

*

 

Yuri’s lips tightened into a white line.

 

It’s impossible to bear this any longer.

 

The other members were staring in silent shock as the water level increased in the tank and she could hear Tiffany sobbing hysterically while her brother, her sadistic brother, watched on with glee.

 

I’m going to get into a lot of trouble for this. But… it will be worth it, I hope.

 

Discreetly fishing out a small, mobile-phone resembling device she scrolled through the menu.

 

Where is it?

 

She glanced at the contraption, Taeyeon was almost under water. She had to act fast.

 

Ahhhh… here it is. The drowning machine. Options. Self-destruct. Implementing…

 

Yuri watched anxiously as the machine began to vibrate.

 

Her brother’s previously cheerful face twisted into a frown. Marching over to Yuri, he grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her violently.

 

“What’s wrong with it?” he screeched at her.

 

Yuri adopted a puzzled expression and tone, “I don’t know. It was working perfectly fine before.”

 

Her brother cursed and shook her fist at her, “I will get to the bottom of this. I will find who has meddled with my machine.”

 

He turned around, scowling, only to be shot in the face by a jet of water.

 

Yuri held back a laugh.

 

Her brother was white with rage, “The person who dares interfere with my plans shall pay” he snarled before striding off.

 

Then he turned back to the girls as if remembering something, “And all of you, be warned, I’ll get you again, when you least expect it. You’ll pay for this.”

 

Donghae followed suit, giving a leer to Jessica, “I’ll see you soon, Jessica.”

 

Yuri repressed a sigh and hurried off after her brother even though she wanted to stay with her members.

 

They’ll probably never forgive me now. I don’t think I could ever face them again, especially Yoona, the one I love. I have betrayed your trust. I am sorry. I don’t deserve your love. I shouldn’t be selfish and want your love when I’ve done this. I’m sorry again, but I know that even if I say sorry, a thousand times, a million times, it won’t be enough for you to forgive me. Perhaps I should just let you go, give up any hope of you loving me back. And if my brother finds out that I was the one who caused his drowning machine to self-destruct…

 

Tiffany dashed over to the contraption which had now fallen apart.

 

“TaeTae” she whispered, voice hoarse from excessive shouting and crying.

 

There was no reply.

 

Cupping her lover’s face in her hands, she whispered again, “TaeTae”

 

Tears clouded her vision as she shook Taeyeon firmly, but there was no movement from her limp body.

 

“No” she voiced softly, “No,” she repeated as if convincing herself that Taeyeon would spring back to life again.

 

The other members stood beside Tiffany, murmuring comforting words and rubbing her back.

 

Then all of a sudden, Tiffany stood up and stiffly brushed off the consoling hands on her back. Everyone felt the atmosphere darken.

 

*

 

Sunny leant back in her chair, feeling full with good food, wine and of course, company.

 

Hyomin leant closer to Sunny and beckoned to her. Sunny looked at her curiously. Hyomin smiled mischievously and bent down, brushing her lips across Sunny’s ear.

 

“Do you know what I would like for dessert?” she whispered.

 

Sunny shivered as she felt Hyomin’s warm breath tickling her ear.

 

“Hello unnie and…” Seohyun smiled innocently.

 

Hyomin drew away from Sunny and returned the smile, “I’m Hyomin, Park Hyomin. And you are Seohyun and Hyoyeon, right? Nice to meet you.”

 

The two standing girls nodded and chorused, “Nice to meet you too Hyomin!”

 

Sunny was more than a little disappointed that the two girls had interrupted her little date with Hyomin.

 

Hmmm… Is this a date? Do I want it to be a date?

 

Sunny pouted.

 

I think I’m definitely falling for Hyomin. What should I do?

 

Meanwhile, Hyoyeon piped up, “So Hyomin, what relation are you to our Sunny?”

 

Hyomin let a lazy smile spread across her face, “Well, I’m not too sure what relation I am to Sunny Bunny…”

 

She fluttered her eyelashes at an increasingly flustered Sunny.

 

“She’s a friend, yes just a friend.” stuttered Sunny.

 

Hyoyeon gave a pretend frown, “Really? Sunny Bunny? Is she really just your friend?”

 

Sunny nodded furiously.

 

Hyomin looked a little hurt at her words and fiddled with her napkin.

 

“Well, I guess I’ve finished dinner here so I’ll leave now. I hope you three enjoy your night.” Hyomin stated a little coldly and prepared to leave.

 

Sunny felt bad and couldn’t bear Hyomin giving her a cold shoulder.

 

Putting her pride away, she jumped up and hugged Hyomin around the waist.

 

“Don’t go Hyominnie… we haven’t finished desert yet.” Sunny pleaded.

 

She could feel Hyomin hesitate a little.

 

“Please Hyominnie,” she begged using her aegyo, “Don’t leave me.”

 

Hyomin turned around and smiled at Sunny, “Who ever said I was going to leave you?”

 

Sunny’s face looked a little more hopeful.

 

Hyomin tugged at Sunny’s hand, “Let’s eat dessert then.”

 

Sunny’s face instantly brightened up, “Really? I’m sorry Hyominnie for before.”

 

Hyomin shook her head, “I should be the one who’s sorry. I shouldn’t have acted that way. We’re just friends right?”

 

Sunny inhaled a breath of air.

 

Be brave Sunny. This is the time to do this.

 

“Hyomin, come with me outside for a while before we have dessert.”

 

*

 

Tiffany looked at everybody with an authoritative stare.

 

“Everyone is going to do exactly as I say” she commanded in an icy tone and distributed various orders to the girls.

 

Then Tiffany crouched beside Taeyeon, anxiously awaiting the arrival of the ambulance.

 

“TaeTae” she murmured, her hair, “You are going to be alright. I’ll make sure of that. I won’t let you go TaeTae. I will never let you go.”

 

*

 

Hyoyeon and Seohyun watched Hyomin and Sunny walk outside.

 

Hyoyeon nodded towards the two, “So Seohyunnie, what do you think of them?”

 

Seohyun smiled softly, “They’re a cute couple. They look good together.”

 

Hyoyeon pouted a little, “Then what sort of couple are we?”

 

Seohyun was a bit puzzled, “I’m not too sure.”

 

Hyoyeon’s lip jutted out even more, “You don’t know?”

 

Seohyun noticed Hyoyeon’s pout and placed a hand on top of hers.

 

“But Hyoyeon, you know one thing? I’ll always love you will all of my heart and I won’t let you go without a fight.” she reassured.

 

Hyoyeon seemed satisfied with the answer and replied, “I will always love you too Seohyunnie, forever and ever.”

 

But she still had a pout on her face.

 

Seohyun was baffled, “Hyoyeon, why are you still pouting?”

 

Hyoyeon looked at her imploringly.

 

Seohyun turned her head to one side, “How am I supposed to know what’s wrong if you aren’t saying anything?”

 

Hyoyeon puffed up her cheeks and blew all the air out of . “Don’t worry about it Seohyunnie.”

 

Hyoyeon glumly made her order and sat silently at the table.

 

Seohyun knew that something was wrong but she couldn’t quite tell what it was.

 

She walked over to Hyoyeon and looked intently at her.

 

“Hyoyeon, what’s wrong?” she asked.

 

“Nothing” responded Hyoyeon.

 

“Then why do you look like somebody just ran over your dog?” frowned Seohyun.

 

Hyoyeon shook her head, “Don't worry about it.”

 

Seohyun crossed her arms.

 

If the reasonable way is not going to work, let’s do it Sunny’s way.

 

Seohyun looked at Hyoyeon with puppy eyes, “Hyoyeon, please tell me what’s wrong.”

 

Hyoyeon hesitated, she had never known Seohyun to use so much aegyo.  

 

Seohyun pouted a little, “Please?”

 

Hyoyeon sighed, “My name.”

 

Seohyun was even more confused.

 

What about her name? Her name’s Hyoyeon. Hmmmm… it’s something to do with her name. Does she not like it?

 

And then it clicked.

 

Seohyun cupped Hyoyeon’s face in her hands and kissed her on the lips. Then looking into her love’s eyes, she whispered, “Seohyunnie loves Hyoyeonie very much.”

 

Hyoyeon couldn’t stop a huge smile from appearing on her face.

 

Seohyun pouted for real, “Why didn’t you tell me that was what was wrong?”

 

Hyoyeon wrapped her arms around her, “I’m sorry. I was just being a bit childish.”

 

Seohyun giggled, “You are very childish, but I guess that’s what makes me love you even more, you choding!”

 

The two of them burst into peals of laughter.

 

*

 

When the ambulance arrived, Tiffany accompanied Taeyeon to the hospital.

 

She felt worry churning in her stomach as she clasped Taeyeon’s hand and gazed at her pale face.

 

After they had reached the hospital, Taeyeon was rushed into the emergency ward and Tiffany was told to wait outside.

 

It was then that Tiffany started crying again. She was lost, she didn’t know what to do. It was not until now, she truly realised how much she loved Taeyeon and just how much she needed her in her life. Tiffany cried her heart out for hours until she could no longer cry any more. Then, with nothing else to do, she began to pray that Taeyeon would still be alive, that everything would be alright.

 

By now, the three other members had arrived and were also anxiously waiting for a doctor to come and tell them any news.

 

After what seemed like an eternity, a doctor finally came into the waiting room and gestured towards the girls.

 

“Would you like the good news or the bad news?” he asked, looking at them seriously.

 

Tiffany clenched her fists, “What’s the good news?”

 

The doctor gave a small smile, “Well she’s alive and conscious.”

 

“Really?” asked Tiffany, feeling like a great burden had been lifted off her shoulders.

 

The other members looked just as relieved.

 

“Can we go and see her?” she questioned.

 

The doctor cleared his throat, “Well, we have to come to the bad news.”

 

“Oh,” said Tiffany, she had completely forgotten about the bad news and she felt like her bubble of happiness was about to be popped, “What’s the bad news?”

 

“Well, Taeyeon has lost a large chunk of her memory.” stated the doctor.

 

Tiffany’s chest tightened, “How much?”

 

“The past ten years.” he replied.

 

Tiffany felt like the world was crashing down upon her.

 

The past ten years. That means she would never have remembered meeting me, that means our love is…

 

“No” she whispered, “No, this can’t be happening.” and she fell to the ground in a faint while the other three rushed to catch her. 

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

 

Hello my readers, 

 

I am so incredibly sorry for not updating recently because I've been very busy. I'll try to update more frequently in the future:)

 

I hope you are not hating Yuri too much for what she is doing, she's doing this against her will. To clarify things a little, Seohyun and Hyoyeon are on a date and they don't know much about what happened to the other members, Sunny knows that the other members are missing but is more than a little distracted by a certain someone, Yuri has gone off with her brother, Taeyeon has suffered from memory loss, Tiffany has fainted and Jessica, Sooyoung and Yoona are in hospital with Tiffany. Also, it is possible to have memory loss, have your memory ability impaired adn other forms of brain damage after near-drowning but for the sake of this story, I have exaggerated and manipulated this fact to suit the plotline.

 

And also wishing a very happy birthday to SNSD's dancing queen (and choding) Kim Hyoyeon♥

 

That's all for now, I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and please leave a comment:D