Lunch

You are the Key to my Heart

 

Taeyeon wasn’t able to wipe the huge smile off her face for the whole beginning of the car trip.

 

Tiffany snuggled up to her and whispered discretely into her ear, “Why are you smiling so much TaeTae? The others are giving you really strange looks.”

 

Taeyeon kept her smile in place as she replied, “I’m thinking of all the things I can do to soosica.”

 

Tiffany laughed, “You’re so enthusiastic TaeTae! Just don’t do anything too bad to them. They look so tensed up sitting together right now.”

 

Taeyeon turned to look at soosica who were both staring through the window and facing opposite directions, their muscles clenched together as if they were ready to run at a second’s notice.

 

“You’re right,” Taeyeon whispered back. “I hope they’ll act less tense after lunch.”

 

Tiffany smiled, “I hope so too.”

 

After ten more minutes of awkward silence in the van, they arrived at the restaurant and both Sooyoung and Jessica hurried out, clearly trying to avoid each other.

 

At the restaurant, the six girls were ushered to a dining room which had been specially prepared for them and sat down according to the name cards on the table. Both Sooyoung and Jessica heaved a silent sigh of relief but not without sadness as they realised they were not sitting next to each other.

 

{Author Interruption: They are sitting on a circular table in this order: Hyoyeon, Seohyun, Jessica, Taeyeon, Sooyoung, Tiffany.}

 

Tiffany began to sulk and mumble complaints to herself as she realised she was not sitting next to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon saw this and gave a small smirk, this was all part of her plan.

 

She pouted and put on a cute expression, “I want to sit next to my Fany!”

 

After many pouts, sniffles and aegyo begging, Taeyeon coerced Sooyoung into swapping seats with her.

 

Taeyeon could barely stop herself from laughing when she saw Sooyoung gingerly make her way to Taeyeon’s seat, trying to distance herself from Jessica as much as possible. Sooyoung’s in for a surprise.

 

PPFFFFFFFFFFFFT!

 

Sooyoung immediately jumped off the chair and glared at Taeyeon, holding a whoopee cushion in her hand.

 

“Is this your idea of a joke, Kim Taeyeon?” she yelled. “I thought Yoona, Yuri and Hyoyeon were the only pranksters.” she grumbled. She threw the whoopee cushion at Taeyeon’s head.

 

Taeyeon smiled charmingly at Sooyoung as she caught the whoopee cushion, ignoring the deadly glares Sooyoung was shooting her.

 

Suddenly she felt a jab in her ribs.

 

“Ow! What did you do that for?” whined Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany glared at her, and whispered fiercely, “You’re meant to bring Sooyoung and Jessica closer, not play pranks on them!”

 

Taeyeon sighed as she rubbed her bruised ribs, “But, I couldn’t help it. I found the whoopee cushion at the bottom of my prank bag and I thought it would be fun to use it.”

 

Tiffany ran a hand through her hair, “Ok, just don’t do that next time. Remember the purpose of our missions.”

 

Taeyeon nodded meekly, “Yes, yes, I know. I’ll try not to do that next time.”

 

Tiffany frowned at her, “You better not TaeTae. Or you’re going to be in big…”

 

CRASH!

 

“Trouble”

 

Five of the girls looked with horror while the other one observed the scene nonchalantly.

 

“TaeTae” growled Tiffany.

 

Taeyeon put on an expression of innocence, “What? I didn’t do anything.”

 

*

 

After Yoona had fallen asleep after breakfast, Sunny sat on a chair next to the bed and began to play games on her phone.

 

Suddenly she heard a whisper. I must be hearing things. There’s nobody in the room and Yoona’s asleep. Blaming it on her lack of sleep last night, Sunny returned to playing her game.

 

A few minutes later she heard a sob. Sunny paused her game and looked around the room, her eyes landing on Yoona.

 

She instantly hurried to the bed and peered at Yoona who had tears on her face and was mumbling incoherently.

 

Sunny frowned, it was unlike Yoona to sleep talk.

 

“Yoona,” she called softly, but the younger girl didn’t wake, instead giving another sob.

 

Sunny sighed and leaned her ear closer to Yoona’s mouth in an attempt to decipher her mumbling. She could pick out the words Yuri, leave me, miss you, forget me, it’s hard, I love you.

 

Sunny almost fell onto the ground in shock. Is Yoona in love with Yuri?

 

She tried to put the pieces together. Yoona was really sad this morning. Could it be because Yuri left her? Yoona must miss her and think that Yuri has forgotten about her. I guess that Yoona is in love with Yuri. Thinking about it, where is Yuri now? I should probably give her a call.

 

She went back to her phone and quickly dialled Yuri’s number. But nobody picked up the phone. She tried another few times. On the fifth call, Yuri picked up the phone.

 

“Hello?” she asked, sounding breathless as if she had been running.

 

“Hey Yuri, it’s Sunny. Where are you right now?” she asked.

 

“Nowhere important. Where did all the other girls go? They’re not in the dorm.”

 

Sunny shrugged, “I don’t know. Hang on a moment, I’ll give them a call”

 

“Ok, thanks” replied Yuri and she hung up.

 

Sunny quickly dialled Taeyeon’s number but she didn’t pick up. She tried Seohyun.

 

“Hello?” she asked.

 

“Hello Seohyun. It’s Sunny, I was just wondering, where are you?” Sunny questioned.

 

“Oh, we’re at the restaurant unnie. The one we usually eat at.” she answered.

 

“All six of you?” asked Sunny.

 

“Yes, unnie.” replied Seohyun.

 

“Thank you, that’s all I need to know. Bye!” smiled Sunny

 

“Bye unnie!” answered Seohyun.

 

Sunny hung up and dialled Yuri’s number again.

 

“Sunny?” she asked.

 

“Yes, all six of them are at the restaurant, the one we usually eat at.” said Sunny.

 

“Ok, thank you Sunny.” she said before hanging up.

 

Sunny sighed. It seems like Yuri doesn’t feel much for Yoona. She didn’t even mention anything about her, not even a please take good care of Yoona.

 

She looked back at Yoona who was now sleeping peacefully like an angel. Brushing the stray pieces of hair from her face, Sunny gave her a sympathetic look. I feel so sorry for you. I hope that over time, you can forget about Yuri and move on. She’s just not the right person for you and you’ll only be hurting yourself too much if you try to chase after her. And I hope you won’t blame Yuri either, she’s had a bit of a troubled past.

 

*

 

Tiffany pointed at the mess and raised her eyebrow accusingly.

 

“You played no role in this?” she asked, raising her voice threateningly.

 

“Maybe a little bit” Taeyeon admitted, “I just tucked a corner of the tablecloth into the waiter’s pants and he…”

 

Tiffany covered Taeyeon’s mouth, “I think that’s enough detail. Look! You’ve now gotten water all over Sooyoung’s shirt.”

 

Taeyeon shrugged casually, “It’s now see-through”

 

Tiffany whacked her on the arm, “TaeTae!”

 

Taeyeon smiled at her girlfriend lovingly, “I know, I’m a bit of a byuntae today. But it’s for Jessica’s sake. And I still love you lots.”

 

She leaned in for a kiss but Tiffany pushed her away with mock upset.

 

After the waiter changed the tablecloth and apologised for the accident, things went back to normal.

 

Until, all of a sudden Taeyeon jumped onto her chair, feigning fright at a fake cockroach which was sitting on the leg of her chair.

 

“Cockroach!” she shouted.

 

Tiffany looked at the insect in horror and with the colour draining from her face, ran to the bathroom screaming in fear.

 

Taeyeon flailed her arms about, violently knocking her elbow into Sooyoung’s arm which caused her to choke on her drink. She began to cough and Jessica tentatively handed her a napkin and patted her back. Sooyoung smiled back shyly and murmured a soft thank you.

 

Taeyeon grinned. Success!

 

When Taeyeon disposed of the cockroach, Tiffany tried to walk calmly back from the bathroom but still looked around suspiciously for any more insects that might be lurking about in hidden corners.

 

Taeyeon decided to get her next plan into action. She took out a small slingshot and an electronic spider. Tiffany tensed up at the sight of another bug but relaxed a little when she saw it was fake.

 

She leaned closer to Taeyeon, “Why do you like using bugs so much?”

 

Taeyeon whispered back, “I just found a lot of them in my prank bag which I got from Yoona for my birthday”. She gestured to the big black bag which was half hidden under the table.

 

Tiffany pulled a face and nodded, “Then go ahead, just make sure no-one sees.”

 

Taeyeon grinned and glanced around quickly. Seeing that everyone was preoccupied with eating, she aimed the slingshot at Jessica’s shoulder and prepared to release the elastic.

 

Seohyun lifted her head up to wipe when she saw Taeyeon aiming a slingshot with what looked like a fake spider at Jessica’s shoulder. By now she had realised that Taeyeon and Tiffany were trying to bring Sooyoung and Jessica together. It had first started off as a small feeling but observing how they were acting throughout the lunch so far, it was obvious they were up to something, well it was mostly Taeyeon who was up to something. Not that she was objecting, she could see that Jessica was clearly in love with Sooyoung and Sooyoung was trying her best not to show her love for Jessica. They would really match each other, Sooyoung brought out the very best in Jessica and Jessica did the same for Sooyoung.

 

Taeyeon had an intense look of concentration on her face as she drew the elastic back on the slingshot and looked straight at her target who was busily eating, completely unaware of what was going to happen to her.

 

Seohyun was unable to hold a straight face at the sight and collapsed face first into her glass of water in laughter.

 

Hyoyeon thought she was choking and gently rubbed her back before asking in a worried tone, “Are you alright Seohyun?”

 

Seohyun gave a small nod and withdrew her face from the glass of water. Hyoyeon leaned over and gently wiped her face with a napkin.

 

Seohyun said a quiet thank you, trying to hide her blush.

 

Tiffany looked at Seohyun and Hyoyeon suspiciously, she wondered why Seohyun was blushing at Hyoyeon’s contact. Could the person she’s in love with be… No don’t think that Tiffany, it can’t be possible. The maknae can’t be in love with a girl. She doesn’t seem like that sort of person.

 

At that very moment, Taeyeon released the elastic and the electronic spider flew onto Jessica’s shoulder. Taeyeon instantly dropped the slingshot and grabbed the controls for the spider.

 

Jessica was eating a spoonful of rice when she felt something hit her shoulder. She looked at her shoulder but she couldn’t see anything. I must be imagining things.

 

After she went back to eating, she felt a tickling sensation running up and down her spine. She turned back and shrieked. There was a spider scampering around on her back.

 

Everyone else turned to Jessica as she let out a few more dolphin screams.

 

“Get the spider off me!” she yelled.

 

Sooyoung looked at Jessica and then at Hyoyeon and Seohyun who had scrambled to a corner of the room and were huddling together with fearful looks. She turned to Taeyeon and Tiffany who were chattering about something and throwing frequent glances at Jessica.

 

Jessica jumped around, she was close to tears, “Somebody, anybody! Get the spider off me!”

 

Sooyoung heaved a sigh. Looks like it’s up to me.

 

She approached Jessica and took a deep breath, “It’ll help if you stand still.” She put a hand on Jessica’s shoulder and felt her flinch slightly but she stopped moving.

 

Sooyoung narrowed her eyes as she tried to spot the spider. She saw it on Jessica’s back. She raised her hand and reached down to grab the spider but it quickly ran away. Sooyoung shuddered in disgust. She detested spiders and she normally wouldn’t go any less than a metre away from one but this was an exception. For the one she loved. She tried to grab it yet again but failed.

 

Jessica stood frozen through Sooyoung’s many failed attempts to grab the spider.

 

Tiffany poked Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon didn’t take her eyes off Jessica as she moved the spider around, “What?”

 

“Try to look more relaxed and casual. Your facial expression is so intense, it looks like you’re playing a video game.”

 

Taeyeon replied through clenched teeth, “I sort of am.”

 

Tiffany put on a displeased expression as her girlfriend continued to have her eyes glued on Jessica and unconsciously moved around on her chair as she manoeuvred the spider.

 

Meanwhile, Sooyoung was having a very difficult time trying to catch the spider as it was moving too fast. I never knew spiders were so energetic.

 

The spider crawled onto Jessica’s chest and Sooyoung could feel Jessica squirming a little though she was trying very hard to keep still. Sooyoung was so close to catching the spider but missed by just a few millimetres, instead brushing her hand against Jessica’s chest.

 

Both Sooyoung and Jessica blushed furiously and Sooyoung muttered a faint sorry.

 

Seeing that she had probably gone far enough and especially since her hands were aching, Taeyeon made the spider crawl down Jessica’s leg and into a nearby pot plant. She made a mental note to pick it up later, it could come in handy later on.

 

*

 

The girls had finally finished eating and were dividing up the bill. Taeyeon knew she had to act quickly before everyone stood up and left. She deftly threw her bread roll under the table, pretending she had dropped it and dived underneath the table to retrieve it.

 

Under the table, Taeyeon looked for Sooyoung and Jessica’s shoes. I’m glad they both wore sneaker today, makes this a whole lot easier.

 

Taeyeon quickly tied their shoelaces together and grabbed her bread roll. As she emerged from underneath the table, Tiffany looked at her in concern.

 

“TaeTae, are you alright? You were under the table for so long, I thought something had happened to you.”

 

Taeyeon sat back on her chair and took out some money to contribute to the bill, “Nothing much happened. Could you distract everybody when Sooyoung and Jessica stand up?”

 

Tiffany furrowed her brows, “Distract?”

 

Taeyeon nodded, “Just trust me this time. And just distract them if things don’t go well.”

 

Tiffany opened to protest but Taeyeon gestured frantically to Sooyoung and Jessica who were getting up.

 

With hesitation, Tiffany stood up and began to walk to Sooyoung and Jessica who had simultaneously stood up and were preparing to walk out the restaurant. Sooyoung took the first step and fell with Jessica falling on top of her. Their faces were just centimetres apart.

 

Jessica gazed into Sooyoung’s eyes. It feels so comfortable like this. When was the last time we were so close to each other? My heart is beating so fast and my head feels light been so close to her. I wish that time could stop and I could be in this moment forever. This is magical…

 

Sooyoung saw something flicker in Jessica’s eyes. Something she had not noticed before. Could it be? Could it be… love? Her heart pounded so hard in her chest, she was so sure Jessica could feel it.

 

Taeyeon saw them looking at each other and did a discrete victory dance. All they have to do now is to confess their feelings and kiss. How sweet!

 

Tiffany smiled when seeing that her best friend now had the chance to confess and all would be well. Guess I don’t need to distract them anymore.

 

Seohyun clasped her hands together, it seemed like Sooyoung and Jessica were going to confess their feelings. She could see love in both their eyes. So sweet and beautiful. I wish that I might have a moment like this with Hyoyeon. Maybe not anytime soon though.

 

Hyoyeon, who was clueless, just stared at the two.

 

Jessica leaned in closer to Sooyoung until she could feel Sooyoung’s warm breath against her lips. Sooyoung lifted her head up and little by little they closed the gap until they were just a centimetre apart. Both closed their eyes and leaned in slowly…

 

Suddenly the door slammed open. Sooyoung’s and Jessica’s eyes flew open to see a fuming Yuri standing in the doorway. Yuri strode towards the two and dragged Sooyoung out the door, shutting it behind her with a loud bang.

 

 

Four faces looked sympathetically to Jessica who was now in tears. They crowded around her and offered words of comfort and support.

 

In the midst of the fuss, Taeyeon stealthily slipped away and went out the door to find Yuri and Sooyoung.  How dare Yuri ruin their magical moment. If only Sooyoung and Jessica were a bit quicker they might have kissed and confessed!

 

Walking out the restaurant she looked around but didn’t see any sign of Sooyoung and Yuri.  She walked around the restaurant, trying to spot them. They should be somewhere near here. I don’t hink Yuri would have dragged Sooyoung that far. As she passed an alley she saw them. Two silhouettes, one cowering against the wall and the other gesturing fiercely with her hands and leaning threateningly close. I’m going to do something about this. Taeyeon took a deep breath, rolled up her sleeves and began to walk to the two figures.  Let’s just hope that I don’t die. After all, Yuri is a black belt in martial arts. And when she gets angry, she gets a little uncontrollable. Actually, a little is a huge understatement. She can go berserk. But if I don’t survive, I hope my Fany will remember me. Someday, we might meet again. At least, I know one thing for certain, her name will be the last word on my lips before I go. 

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

 

Hello my dear readers, 

 

Updating today because it's somebody's birthday. Somebody special whose name begins with J. Yes, you guessed right:D It's Jessica's 25th birthday today. Wishing Jessica Jung aka the cold yet warm ice princess a happy birthday!

 

I sort of outdid myself with the update, it turned out to be more than 3000 words which is quite a lot compared to usual, especially in a span of two days. I guess I got overexcited:D I tried to make this chapter funny but I don't think I did to well. It ended with Taeyeon being really melodramatic (Yuri isn't actually going to kill or severely injure Taeyeon). And don't get mad at Yuri for breaking soosica's moment, she has her reasons. I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter! 

 

As always, I hope you will subscribe and comment on this story and thank you for those who do. It would be great if you could leave a comment after you read, I'll try replying to all of them.

 

And before I leave, I'll share one of my favourite pictures of soosica, they both look so beautiful and elegant♥ (all credits go to the owner of this picture)

 

Until next time, goodbye and have a fabulous day!