Flickers of Hope

You are the Key to my Heart

Hyoyeon pursed her lips, wondering how they should rescue Jessica from Donghae.

“Hyoyeon…” said Sunny to only receive a distracted nod in response.

“Hyoyeonie…” whinged Sunny.

Hyoyeon’s head instantly snapped up, “What?” she shouted.

Sunny smirked inside, “What are you so grouchy for… Hyoyeonie?”

Hyoyeon gave her a hard glare, “Don’t you dare call me that. Only my Seohyunnie…”

She instantly turned a deep shade of pink and clapped her hands over .

Sunny closed the gap between their faces, “Only your Seohyunnie what?”

Hyoyeon tried to wriggle out of Sunny’s grasp, “Nothing, it’s nothing, absolutely nothing.”

Sunny raised an eyebrow and held the struggling Hyoyeon still, “The more you keep on emphasizing it’s nothing, the more I think something is up. So… between you and Seohyun. I would never have imagined.”

Hyoyeon finally managed to break free of Sunny and power-walked ahead, huffing in annoyance to herself, “How dare she call my Seohyunnie like that, only I’m allowed to do that. And how did she know something is going on between us?”

Sunny caught up to her, “Both of you are way too obvious. You’re never that sweet to anyone except to your Seohyunnie now and Seohyun usually never does so much aegyo and you both look at each other like they are the only person in the world and… I can give you nine billion more reasons.”

Hyoyeon placed her hands on her hips and frowned at Sunny, her lips twitching a little, “I swear, if you tell anyone else this, you are so dead!”

Sunny held her hands up and adopted an expression of defence, “Okay, okay. Don’t kill me. I won’t tell anyone.”

Hyoyeon’s tense stance relaxed a little.

“But I can still tease you about your Seohyunnie” grinned Sunny, sticking her tongue out playfully before running off so that Hyoyeon could not catch her.

Hyoyeon ran after Sunny furiously, “Yah! Come back here Lee Sunkyu! How dare you, you little midget bunny! Just wait until I get my hands on you…”

*

Sooyoung watched as Seohyun’s eyes followed the figure of Hyoyeon unwaveringly.  

“You like her, right?” asked Sooyoung.

Seohyun turned to her, surprise sparking in her eyes, “Huh? What?”

Sooyoung gave a tiny smile, “Hyoyeon… or should I say Hyoyeonie.”

Seohyun turned pink and averted her eyes but Sooyoung gently took her face in between her hands and turned the younger girl to face her, “You shouldn’t be embarrassed, Seohyun. She’s a good match for you. I think that out of all of us, she cares for you the most and there’s no-one who knows you better.”

Sooyoung’s words only succeeded in making the maknae blush even harder and increase her shyness.

Tucking a strand of hair behind Seohyun’s ear, Sooyoung smiled, “You’re both really lucky to have each other. Just make sure you stay strong together and never let each other go, no matter what happens, alright?”

Seohyun nodded. There was a brief lull in the conversation.

“Jessica means a lot to you doesn’t she?” asked Seohyun.

Sooyoung turned to look at her and Seohyun needed no response to know the answer.

It was Seohyun’s turn to take Sooyoung’s face between her hands. Leaning closer to the older girl, she murmured, “Then you shouldn’t let her go either.”

Warm, salty tears began to cloud in Sooyoung’s eyes, falling down like tiny droplets of rain, “I have to. I have no other choice.”

Seohyun shook her head, “For what reason?”

Sooyoung let out a long and deep sigh, like the exhalation of a forest, “I made a promise to Yuri… that I would not be with Jessica in that way.”

Seohyun pressed her hands more firmly on Sooyoung’s cheeks, “It doesn’t matter, does it? You made a promise to someone who… has made some wrong decisions and turned to the dark side. You shouldn’t make promises to those sorts of people, right? And even if you do, it doesn’t really count because all their motives are evil. You should hold onto Jessica if you love her so much, make her feel special, make her realize how much she means to you. It’s going to be hard, but whoever said that anything that is worth it in life comes easily? I’ll be by your side, helping you Sooyoung. Okay?”

Listening to the maknae’s words, Sooyoung’s heart fluttered. Frequently, it seemed that what came out of the younger girl’s mouth could be attributed to someone far wiser and mature.

She reached out with her hands and placed them on Seohyun’s, “I’ll do it. I promise to you, Seo Joon Hyun that I will do my best to love Jessica and never let go of her.”

Seohyun’s serious face broke into a pure, angelic smile, “That’s great unnie! I’m so happy to hear that.”

Then, Seohyun pulled Sooyoung up with a sudden movement and dragged her to the kitchen.

“Why are we here?” asked a somewhat puzzled Sooyoung.

Seohyun gave her another wide grin as she rummaged about the drawers, “Don’t you think you need to look and feel a lot healthier to be able to fulfil your promise?”

It took a while, but once Sooyoung saw exactly what Seohyun was getting out, her eyes almost popped out of her head, “No Seohyun, no. As much as I appreciate your kindness, I am not drinking that stuff. Yuck! No way!”

Seohyun shook her head vigorously, “You will definitely drink it Choi Sooyoung.” She waved a pestle at the taller girl threateningly, “Whether you want to or not.”

Sooyoung gave a sigh of resignation as she saw the determined expression on Seohyun’s face. Once the maknae had made a decision, especially one concerning health, it was near impossible to get her to change her mind.

*

Donghae could feel a red, warm and sticky mess upon his face and throbbing pains in all parts of his body. He narrowed his eyes as more blood oozed from a cut on his forehead and made its way down his face.

What have I done to deserve this? All I wanted was a little fun with my property. She’s my property, not theirs.

Through the haze of red, he saw the three masked men, although one looked a little different. He started to feel a pounding sensation in the back of his head and he slowly closed his eyes, submitting himself to the blackness.

Before he completely lost consciousness, he felt his body being picked up, cradled in somebody’s arms like a little child.

*

Yuri felt her eyes clouding over as the van parked on the side of the road, opposite to the girls’ dorm. It felt like a long time since she had last been there and been welcomed by all the other members.

Checking her watch in an attempt to distract herself from her emotions, she realized it was very late.

That’s good. I should be able to sneak in unnoticed.

Motioning to the bodyguard who had lifted Jessica up, they crept their way to the dorm. It was a strange feeling for Yuri who felt she was a burglar or a spy who didn’t belong with those inside the dorm at all.

Finding Jessica’s room she shared with Sooyoung, Yuri was thankful that the window was slightly ajar. Luckily, Sooyoung was fast asleep and was not in the slightest affected by the intrusion. Once the bodyguard had put Jessica on her bed, Yuri dismissed him with a handful of cash she stuffed into his belt. She had long ago learnt that money swayed almost all people.

Yuri stood in the room, looking at the two, peacefully sleeping girls. She pulled a blanket over Jessica and let out a barely audible sigh. Upon rummaging quietly about the room, she found a pen and a piece of paper which she hastily scrawled a message on. She left the note on Sooyoung’s bedside table, took one last glance at the two girls and went out of the room.

She found her feet taking her to a room she used to enter every night. With one hand on the handle, she felt her chest tightening with fear. Yoona probably thought she was evil, a monster and Yuri knew that she didn’t deserve someone like Yoona but she was going to win her back by only doing good now. No matter how long it took, she was going to prove her love for Yoona.

With one twist, the door opened with a soft click and she saw Yoona lying motionless on her bed. Treading closer, she was able to see Yoona’s face reflected in the eerie glow of the moonlight and it pained her to see her face so sallow and dark shadows hovering under her eyes.

Yuri let out a long sigh, it hurt her deeply to see her beloved Yoona looking like this. Leaning down carefully, Yuri planted a gentle kiss on her forehead, and whispered, “I’ll come back for you my love, if you’ll have me. Saranghae Yoona”

With that said, Yuri walked out of the room and out of the dorm before hailing a passing taxi.  

*

Waking up the next morning, Yoona smiled bitterly. She had had such a good dream last night, or was it?

She had dreamed that Yuri had come to her in the middle of the night, kissed her on the forehead and told her ‘I love you’

“I must be imagining things,” grumbled Yoona to herself, “Why do I still like her? After all she’s done! Why?”

In the next bedroom, Sooyoung sat on the edge of her bed, alternating her wide eyes between the sleeping figure of Jessica and the hastily scrawled note on her bedside table.

I guess there’s nothing to stop me from loving Jessica right? Except for myself…

Remembering their last encounter, Sooyoung was hesitant, but gathering up her courage, she crept towards Jessica’s bed and gently brushed the bangs out of her eyes.

“Jessica,” she murmured, continuing to caress Jessica’s hair. The other girl hardly stirred.

“Sica” she tried again, “Hey princess, it’s time to wake up.”

Jessica’s eyes flew wide open at those words and she almost had a heart attack seeing Sooyoung’s face so close to hers.

When was the last time that happened?

As her heart continued doing flips, Sooyoung smiled charmingly at her and clasped her hand, “Do you want to go eat breakfast now?”

Jessica speechlessly nodded her head and rolled out of bed. Without Jessica noticing, Sooyoung did a fist pump and a victory dance.

Maybe things won’t go so badly after all.

*

After breakfast, the four members gathered together, giving small glances at the girl curled up on the floor, listlessly watching television.

“What should we do about Tiffany?” questioned a worried Jessica.

Sooyoung answered, “It’s Taeyeon that’s causing her to be like this. Or rather, the absence of Taeyeon.”

The other three nodded their heads in agreement.

Yoona piped up, “Should we take Tiffany to see Taeyeon?”

Seohyun answered, “Unnie, we could do that, but it might make Tiffany even worse than she is now. Taeyeon doesn’t remember Tiffany at all.”

There were murmurs of consent.

Jessica sighed, “But if we don’t take her to see Taeyeon, I think her condition will continue spiralling down. I’m scared she’ll do something dangerous. If we don’t take her to see Taeyeon, she’ll get worse. But if we do, there’s a small chance that she might get better. I think we should try. A chance, no matter how slim it is, is still a chance.”

Slowly the other members nodded their agreement.

Yoona gave a feeble smile, “Let’s do this! SNSD fighting!”

The three others repeated, “SNSD fighting!”

After planning everything out, they dispersed to carry out their individual activities. As Sooyoung walked back to the room with Jessica, she nudged her gently, “You have great convincing skills, Sica.”

Jessica felt her cheeks becoming warmer, and slapped Sooyoung on the arm to cover her embarrassment, “Since when did you compliment me so much?”

Sooyoung held Jessica by the shoulders and spun her around before bringing their eyes level, “I have an endless pool of compliments for you. It’s just that normally, I don’t say it out loud. But if you want me to, just ask.” Giving a cheeky wink at the flustered Jessica, Sooyoung skipped back to the room leaving Jessica shaking her head.

“What’s gotten into her?” she puzzled before a smile came upon her face, “Although I don’t mind this Sooyoung at all. In fact, I quite like it”

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

Hello you

First of all, I have to give my huge apologies for not updating for so long, it's just that a lot of things have been happening in my life recently and also because I had a little writer's block. Thank you for still giving me your support, I feel very thankful to have such wonderful and loving readers. 

So what do you think of the story so far? How do you think Taeyeon would react to seeing Tiffany? Where could Hyoyeon and Sunny be? I would be very happy if you could leave a comment^^

Also, I have recently started a new story, called soosica drabbles. It's just a collection of soosica stories so if you have some spare time, I would greatly appreciate it if you read it and tell me what you think:)

Link is here: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/636133/soosica-drabbles-angst-comedy-fluff-jessica-snsd-soosica-sooyoung

I'm guessing that all of you have heard the news about Yoona dating Lee Seung Gi and Sooyoung dating Jung Kyung Ho. Although it is very heartbreaking, I hope that all the sones will continue to support them and wish their relationship all the best. Remember that even if yoonyul and soosica are not lovers in real life, they will forever have a special bond between them, as friends and as sisters

 It will be quite difficult to write with reality sitting at the back of my mind, however, I will definitely finish this fanfic because I know what it feels like to be left hanging on an unfinished story, but whether I'll start any more new ones after will take time to tell. 

That's all for now, until the next update (which will hopefully be up next week) I hope all of you have a good week!