Closer

You are the Key to my Heart

 

hello you

 

I'm updating this story today because it's Taeyeon's birthday. (Not really, I was going to update today anyway:D) But since it's Taeyeon's birthday, I put more TaeNy moments in it.

 

I wish Taeyeon a happy birthday. I hope you have a fabulous day, get many presents and get to spend some quality time with those closest to you. May this year bring success, happiness and grant wishes for both you and SNSD. Fighting!

 

Thank you to my readers for all of your support by subscribing and commenting. Please continue to do so, it's so lovely to read all of your comments. 

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

 

“We have to do something Fany” pondered Taeyeon as she leaned her back against the wall.

 

“Yes, but we must be more careful this time TaeTae” Tiffany warned.

 

Taeyeon nodded absentmindedly and twirled a pen around.

 

“We could make them fall on each other…” Taeyeon suggested.

 

Tiffany frowned, “But they already did, remember Yuri’s prank?”

 

Taeyeon nodded, “But what if we make it better?”

 

“What do you mean better?” questioned Tiffany.

 

“Well, if Jessica falls down the stairs and Sooyoung catches her…”

 

“And how will that work?”

 

“Um…” Taeyeon mused over the problem.

 

Tiffany smiled suddenly, “I think we should just start with the basics such as getting them to become closer again. If you’re suddenly going to get Jessica to fall on Sooyoung, it would be a bit awkward for them, don’t you think? They’ve been avoiding each other for weeks!”

 

Taeyeon grinned, “Good idea! You know, I was just about to say that.”

 

Tiffany pouted slightly.

 

Taeyeon dropped a soft and sweet kiss on Tiffany’s lips, before whispering, “Actually, I had no idea on what we were going to do. You’re really smart for suggesting that.”

 

Tiffany blushed, “Really TaeTae!”

 

Taeyeon pretended to be hurt, “But it’s true. You come up with the best ideas. You could be a future manager… or even a CEO!”

 

Tiffany hit Taeyeon playfully, “Stop sweet-talking me TaeTae”

 

Taeyeon wrestled Tiffany onto her back and blinked cutely, “But I’m not sweet-talking, I’m telling the truth!”

 

And before Tiffany could reply, Taeyeon leaned down and captured Tiffany’s lips in a passionate kiss.

 

“I love you” she whispered.

 

Tiffany eye-smiled back at Taeyeon, “I love you too. But don’t you think we should get up from this position? It’s a bit awkward.”

 

Taeyeon reluctantly rolled off Tiffany before looking at the clock. “Time for breakfast!” she yelled and skipped out the door.

 

Tiffany laughed as her Taeyeon went to get food while singing a song. “She can be such a kid sometimes. But as much as it’s annoying, I still find it irresistibly adorable.”

 

*

 

“They have to start interacting with each other more. I guess the falling bit will have to wait until later. Time for Mission 1: Getting Sooyoung and Jessica to talk to each other” Taeyeon muttered to herself.

 

Sooyoung turned her head, cheeks bulging out with food, “What did you say?” she asked.

 

Seohyun gave Sooyoung a disapproving look, “Really Sooyoung, you shouldn’t talk while you’re eating. You might choke.”

 

Sooyoung nodded obediently to the maknae and quickly finished chewing the mouthful of food.

 

Taeyeon thought quickly, “I was saying, someone should wake Jessica up. It’s already 9am, we have to leave in half an hour.”

 

Seeing that Seohyun was rising from the table, Taeyeon quickly said, “Seohyun, I just remembered, I need you to help me with something. Sooyoung, why don’t you go and wake Jessica up?”

 

Sooyoung looked around in desperation but all the other members were preoccupied with other activities.

 

Taeyeon narrowed her eyes and tried to put on a more frustrated expression, “We’re going to be late if someone doesn’t wake her up. And you’re the only one who’s not very busy now.”

 

Sooyoung tried to give a response, “But… I can’t…I… um…” she stuttered. She was puzzled that her usual wittiness and prowess in speaking had suddenly vanished into thin air.

 

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow, “We’re wasting time. It’s not like you have a broken leg Sooyoung. Just go up and tell her to wake up. You used to do that every day, so it shouldn’t be a problem now. Plus, you’re pretty much the only member she doesn’t kill when everyone wakes her up.”

 

Without waiting for a reply, Taeyeon quickly dragged Seohyun out of the kitchen, leaving a dejected Sooyoung glancing miserably at her breakfast.

 

Sooyoung quickly got up and approached Hyoyeon who was stretching.

 

“Hey Hyoyeon, do you have a couple of minutes to spare?” Sooyoung asked.

 

Hyoyeon shook her head, “Sorry Sooyoung. I need to fully stretch before we begin our dance practice. Why don’t you try Sunny?”

 

Sooyoung walked to Sunny who was sitting next to the window. It was not until she was right in front of Sunny that she realised she was talking on her phone. When Sunny looked at her inquisitively, Sooyoung shook her hands quickly and mouthed a “Don’t worry!” before backing off.

 

She approached Yuri but immediately walked away as she realised that the girl was doing her morning yoga. She wasn’t going to risk interrupting her from that. Sooyoung thought hard, who else could she ask to wake up Jessica? Yoona was still recovering from her sprained ankle so that was out of question. There was only one more person, Tiffany.

 

After walking around the dorm, she found Tiffany packing her bag.

 

“Um… Tiffany” Sooyoung began.

 

“Yes” Tiffany looked up.

 

“I was wondering if you can wake Jessica…”

 

Sooyoung was interrupted by an ear-piercing shriek.

 

“It’s a bug!” screamed Tiffany pointing at her bag in revulsion and horror before she dashed off.

 

Sooyoung sighed as she looked at the bag, “I can’t see a bug” she murmured to herself.

 

Sooyoung dragged her feet as she walked to Jessica’s room. As she stood outside the door, she took a deep breath and sighed, “I guess I’ll have to do this on my own.”

 

She opened the door with a soft click and tiptoed to the side of Jessica’s bed. Sooyoung gazed tenderly at the other’s angel-like features. She was so beautiful, even in sleep. She harshly reminded herself that she was just here to wake Jessica up, not admire her beauty.

 

Sitting on the side of the bed, Sooyoung shook Jessica gently, “Jessica, it’s time to wake up! We only have 20 minutes until we’re leaving.”

 

She got no response. Frowning, she shook Jessica a bit harder and shouted, “Jessica, time to wake up!”

 

Still no response.

 

“Sica! You must wake up or we won’t get to dance practice on time!”

 

As soon as that name left her lips, Sooyoung thought, What are you doing Choi Sooyoung? Did you just call her Sica?”

 

Jessica was long awake before Sooyoung had entered the room. She had kept her eyes closed and tried to keep her face expressionless as Sooyoung tried to wake her up. She only did it because she enjoyed the closeness and Sooyoung calling her even though she knew it would not last for long. However, Jessica was unable to hold back a small smile as Sooyoung called her by Sica. It was what Sooyoung always used to call her before… before something happened to them.

 

Sooyoung heard Taeyeon’s voice from afar.

 

“Sooyoung, have you woken Jessica up yet? If you haven’t, you are so dead, Choi Sooyoung! Do you hear me?”

 

Sooyoung gulped. With difficulty, she managed to lift a ‘sleeping’ Jessica up into a sitting position.

 

Jessica let her head fall onto Sooyoung’s shoulder.

 

In desperation, Sooyoung tickled Jessica.

 

As soon as Sooyoung tickled her, Jessica wriggled about and her eyes flew open. She was disappointed that their closeness was broken but she pretended to be a little mad.

 

“Sooyoung!” she shouted. “You could have woken me up some other way”

 

Sooyoung cowered to the wall and rambled, “I’m very sorry, I couldn’t because Taeyeon said she would kill me if I don’t wake you up cause there’s only 15 minutes until we’re leaving for dance practice and you need to get ready.”

 

Jessica widened her eyes, there was only 15 more minutes left! She had completely lost track of the time. She allowed her eyes to soften and a small smile curved on her lips, “Thank you for waking me up” she whispered to Sooyoung before hurtling herself into the bathroom to shower.

 

Sooyoung held a hand to her heart and smiled faintly, “She said thank you to me” she whispered.

 

She stifled a scream as a head sat itself on her shoulder.

 

Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung curiously, “Why are you acting so over-joyed and holding your hand to your heart at Jessica saying thank you to you?”

 

Sooyoung turned her head sharply, hiding the blush that was creeping into her cheeks. But Taeyeon was quicker than her and trapped Sooyoung into a corner, seeing the taller girl’s cheeks turn a bright shade of pink.  Taeyeon leaned in closer to Sooyoung, “So, are you in love with her?”

 

Sooyoung’s blush deepened in colour. How embarrassing was this she thought despondently.

 

Taeyeon beamed in delight, “You are, aren’t you! Admit it! You’re blushing more now!”

 

Sooyoung wriggled, trying to escape from Taeyeon’s grasp, but surprisingly, she was unable to free herself from the hold of the shorter girl.

 

Taeyeon smirked, “Wait until I tell Jessica this…”

 

Sooyoung broke her off hurriedly, “No don’t! I am in love with her. Just keep it a secret, okay? There are a lot of problems involved.” Her face clouded over immediately.

 

Taeyeon looked at the taller girl with concern in her eyes. She and Tiffany had been so caught up in getting them together they hadn’t found out the reason of Sooyoung and Jessica avoiding each other so much. Especially Sooyoung.

 

“You should tell me your problems then” spoke Taeyeon with a more subdued tone. “We’re meant to share our troubles with each other and help each other. We’re like sisters. If one member has problems, they become our problems too. And we do our best to fix them together.”

 

“That’s what I’m afraid of” mumbled Sooyoung.

 

“Why?” questioned Taeyeon. “It’s not good to keep your feelings and troubles bottled up. You need to tell someone. Otherwise it will burden you a lot and your mind might not be able to take it.”

 

Sooyoung shook her head, “Maybe later” she drew in a shaky breath, “When I’m ready.”

 

Taeyeon realised that Sooyoung was going to keep shut for as long as she liked. She reluctantly let go of Sooyoung and nodded, “Tell me when you’re ready, but don’t keep it inside you too long. You know you can trust me right?”

 

Sooyoung gave Taeyeon a smile tinged with sadness, “I know. Don’t worry, I’ll tell you when the right time comes.”

 

She left the room quietly.

 

Taeyeon leaned thoughtfully against the wall and listened to the receding footsteps of Sooyoung. Jessica dashed out from the bathroom and looked at Taeyeon curiously.

 

Taeyeon decided to keep their conversation a secret so she shrugged and pointed to the clock on the wall, “You have 5 minutes.”

 

Jessica took one glance at the clock and ran out the room to grab something to eat.

 

Taeyeon sighed in the empty room, “This is going to be more complicated than I thought. I hope their love is able to endure”

 

She looked over her shoulder in surprise as a familiar scent hit her. Tiffany wrapped her arms around Taeyeon’s waist, “Their love has already endured so much. Even though Sooyoung made that promise to Yuri, she still loves Jessica. Even though Jessica was hurt so much by Sooyoung, she still loves Sooyoung. I’m sure they will keep on loving each other for some time yet. But we must speed things up a bit. If we’re too late, they might give up on each other. And if that happens… it will be devastating for the both of them because they could be together if they stopped hiding their feelings from each other.”

 

Taeyeon nodded, “You speak very wisely Fany. When they are near each other, even though they don’t speak or touch or look at each other, I can feel their love for each other. It’s amazing isn’t it? Do you think our love is that strong?”

 

Tiffany kissed Taeyeon’s forehead, her nose and then her lips. “Of course, our love is just as strong as theirs. We’ll have our ups and downs but in the end, we will always belong to each other. You’re the only one for me TaeTae”

 

“And you’re the only one for me Fany” Taeyeon murmured before intertwining her hands with Tiffany’s. “Let’s go, the others are probably waiting for us.”

 

The two lovers walked, hand in hand, down the corridor to the buzz of chatter and laughter that echoed throughout the dorm.

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

 

I was listening to this song while writing this chapter. It was released quite some time ago, but I still like it a lot. It sort of fits with what is happening between Sooyoung and Jessica. I found a video with lyrics on the screen:

 

BoA- Only One

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1L0qcWdR7g