Changes

You are the Key to my Heart

Wow! This story now has over 1000 views, I never expected it to get so many views when I first started writing so it came as a huge surprise. A massive thank you to all of my readers, this could never have happened without all of you. 

As a thank you, I have put up a new chapter. Hope you like it. And I'm sorry to the SooSica shippers. Things between Sooyoung and Jessica might not get better for some time. But don't worry, they will be together in the end, hopefully. (fingers crossed)

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

 

Jessica had just started eating her tuna sandwich when her mobile phone beeped. Curiously taking it out, she saw a message from Taeyeon. It said: Come to the dorm immediately. We have a group meeting.

Wondering why they would have a group meeting as such a short notice, Jessica hurried back to the dorm.

*

When she opened the door, she could already hear the voices of everyone else. She must be late. Again. Quickly, she sat down next to Tiffany, giving her best friend a weak smile. Seeing that Jessica had arrived, Taeyeon clapped her hands for silence. The cheekier ones mimicked her, playfully adopting expressions of pre-schoolers. Taeyeon gave them a mock glare.

“I’ve called this group meeting today because some of our members have repeatedly requested a change of roommates.” Taeyeon began.

As she was speaking, Jessica nudged Tiffany in the ribs. When Tiffany turned to reprimand her, Jessica murmured, “Now’s your chance to be in the same room as Taeyeon.” Tiffany’s cheeks turned pink.

Yuri quickly interrupted Taeyeon. “Could I be roommates with Sooyoung?” she asked.

Taeyeon looked at Jessica, “If that’s alright with you.”

Jessica gave her a smile that only Tiffany could see was fake, “It’s fine” she shrugged.

Picking up her courage, Tiffany tried to keep her voice steady as she asked, “Could I room with you, Taeyeon, if Sunny doesn’t mind.”

Taeyeon felt her heart leap, she looked at Sunny hoping she would agree.

Sunny said, “I’ll miss you but I can go with Hyoyeon. I’m sure we’ll have lots of fun together.” She looked to Seohyun.

Seohyun smiled faintly, “That’s okay. I’ll go with Yoona.” The two maknaes glanced at each other and looked to Taeyeon.

Taeyeon smiled widely, still trying to hold back on the happiness welling up in her chest. “Well, that went smoothly. Now Sooyoung is with Yuri; I’m with Tiffany; Sunny’s with Hyoyeon; Seohyun is with Yoona and Jessica will have her own room. Our meeting has concluded.”

The other members continued to talk excitedly amongst each other, except for one.

Jessica pretended that she needed to go to the bathroom. She ran inside and locked the door, releasing the sobs that had been building up within her. But she was not able to cry for long before she began to cough, each one making her frail form shake violently.

Tiffany was very proud of herself but she knew that her best friend needed looking after as her cold from the previous night had gotten worse. Making her excuses, she walked to the bathroom and turned the knob. It was locked. Going back to her room and returning with the key, she let herself in.

She was shocked by what she saw. Jessica was standing in front of the mirror, coughing uncontrollably and her face had turned deathly white. She put her arm around Jessica, trying to comfort the shorter girl. “It hurts so much.” Jessica cried.

Tiffany gave Jessica a glass of water to drink and when Jessica’s coughs had subsided, she slipped some money into her hands.

“We should go and buy some cough medicine for you. Your cold is getting worse.”

Just then, Taeyeon called out “Tiffany, could you help me move the other members’ stuff?”

Tiffany looked back to Jessica who only smiled in response, “You were brave to say you want to room with her. Next step is confessing. Go and help her, I can buy cough medicine myself. I’m not a three year old.”

Tiffany beamed and shouted a “Take care of yourself,” before dashing off to Taeyeon.

Jessica couldn’t help but smile at the couple as she left the dorm.

*

Tiffany helped Taeyeon to move the other members’ things very quickly. Even though she was extremely happy to be with Taeyeon, her mind was still thinking about Jessica. Would she be okay she asked herself.

“Hello!” Taeyeon waved her hand in front of Tiffany’s face.

Tiffany snapped out of her thoughts and smiled.

“We’re done now.” grinned Taeyeon. “We should go down and see what the other members are doing.”

Tiffany smiled back, “I would love to, but I need to go somewhere urgently. I’ll be back soon.”

Taeyeon sadly looked at the door as it slammed shut with Tiffany’s haste. “Fany, sometimes I think you care more about Jessica than me. Maybe we’re just not fated to be together.”

*

Tiffany did not wish to leave Taeyeon but she knew it would be better for Jessica to have someone to walk with. As she crossed the bridge, she saw Jessica walking mechanically back to the dorm.

Tiffany broke into a run. “Hey Jessica!” she shouted. Jessica turned but did not give a smile. “Did you buy the cough medicine?” asked Tiffany as she put an extra cheerful expression on her face in an attempt to brighten Jessica’s mood. When she gave no response, Tiffany looked into the paper bag Jessica was holding.

“Painkillers?” Tiffany asked, looking at Jessica who stared blankly at her.

A tear slid down her cheek. “My heart hurts. Maybe the painkillers will take away the pain.” she spoke softly.

Tiffany shook her head and put the painkillers in her coat pocket before linking her arm with Jessica. “Painkillers won’t mend a broken heart.” she said. “No medicine can do that. But the cough medicine will help you get over your cold. Let’s go.”

Tiffany gently pulled at Jessica who followed behind, her movements languid and seemingly lifeless.  As they walked, Tiffany worried about her best friend’s behaviour and wondered whether Jessica might actually harm herself.

*

When Tiffany and Jessica arrived back home, Tiffany sat Jessica on the couch and gave her two tablets of the cough medicine and a glass of water. Then she ran to Taeyeon’s room.

“Taeyeon?” she asked.

Taeyeon looked up and smiled at her angel. “Yes?” she asked.

“Do you mind if Jessica shares our room? Because she’s um… a bit mentally unstable at the moment. I’m afraid she’ll do something silly.”

Taeyeon nodded, “Sure, we’ll just move her things here and … where would she sleep?”

Tiffany took a deep breath, “Well, maybe we could sleep together and she could have my bed.” After saying that, Tiffany felt stupid, she must remember to watch next time.

But to her surprise, Taeyeon nodded and said, “No problem.” Taeyeon mentally scolded herself for nodding so enthusiastically. You might scare her away if you make your feelings so obvious she thought.

Tiffany eyesmiled at her, “That’s great.” She went to move Jessica’s things over. Then she noticed the yellow rose with the paper attached to it saying: I’m sorry. Tiffany remembered the words Sooyoung had said the previous night in her sleep. She still found it surprising that Sooyoung had spoken so clearly, her sleep-talking was usually quite incoherent in the middle of the night. Sooyoung had called Jessica, Sica, which would mean that Jessica still meant a lot to her. She had once forbidden anyone else to call Jessica by that name. But what Tiffany found puzzling was why Sooyoung still held Jessica so close to her heart yet hurt her so much. 

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

The TaeNy couple are getting much closer now. When do you think they will confess? Please comment on what you think of this chapter. It makes me happy reading through all of them