Understanding

You are the Key to my Heart

 

 

Firstly, I need to apologise for updating so late. I've been a bit lazy these past few days and even though I had a lot of ideas, I didn't sit down and begin typing until yesterday. I'm so sorry about that. I hope you forgive me. And thank you to all my subscribers for being so patient with me. Please continue to comment more! I might be less lazy with writing if you do:D

 

And there's a question I would like to ask all of my readers, would you like other couples from the elite family such as hyoseo and sunbyung? Please tell me what you think in a comment. If the majority wants other couples, I'll add them in the story.

 

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

 

*Sorry if the layout or fonts are messed up, after I put up the story, it changed by itself. Strange. I've done my best to try and fix the problem but there might be issues here and there.

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

 

“Are you sure this is going to work?” asked Tiffany, looking with complete disbelief at what Taeyeon was wearing.

 

 

Taeyeon smiled confidently at Tiffany, “Of course it will Fany! Trust me.”

 

 

Tiffany backed away with a fearful look on her face, “I’ll stay out of this plan.” she shuddered.

 

 

Taeyeon pouted, “But why, Fany? I need you…”

 

 

Tiffany quickly interrupted, “I’m allergic to um… leaves.”

 

 

She pretended to sneeze, “Achoooo!” and sniffed before looking meaningfully at Taeyeon.

 

 

Taeyeon sighed in defeat, “Fine, just this once, okay?”

 

 

And then she shuffled off in her strange garb while Tiffany breathed a deep sigh of relief.

 

 

*

 

 

Sooyoung sat in the rose garden, resting her chin on her knees. It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping and the roses were in full bloom, their sweet fragrance clinging to the air. Yet, she felt depressed and troubled. Was giving up on Jessica really the right thing to do?

 

 

Memories flashed in her head.

 

 

When Jessica had fallen on her, she had found it near impossible to breathe. The feeling of Jessica’s body against hers was…

 

 

the feeling was…

 

 

something she wasn’t able to describe with words.

 

 

And the morning  she left the yellow rose on Jessica’s bedside table; when she had come back later that day, she had seen Jessica the petals with a wistful look on her face. Did Jessica know that the rose was from her? How she longed to run to her and tear up that piece of paper and give her a red rose instead and say I love you. But she forced herself not to. Jessica would be shocked, wouldn’t she? And she would never talk to her again.

 

 

She traced the edge of a nearby rose sadly. She had made a promise to Yuri to not confess to Jessica.

 

 

But even though she had made the promise, she could still love Jessica secretly, right? As long as she didn’t do anything that showed that she loved her. I love her so much but I can’t be with her.  She tilted her head up to the sky, her vision blurred by tears.

 

 

*

 

 

Taeyeon tried to itch herself without moving in her disguise. The leaves were so itchy! Maybe Fany was right and this plan wasn’t such a good idea after all. But, it was worth a try. Looking around to make sure no-one was watching, she waddled to the table as discreetly as possible.

 

 

Soon she was close enough to overhear their conversation. Their conversation sounds pretty boring she thought. I think it’s time to spice things up a bit.

 

 

As she was preparing to put a fake spider on Jessica’s lap, everything went completely and utterly wrong.

 

 

At that very moment, Jessica had gotten out of her chair and would have tripped over Taeyeon if Donghae had not caught her.

 

 

Taeyeon fell down onto the ground, wincing as the branches bruised her skin.

 

 

Jessica was horrified at the sight of what looked like a Christmas tree with shoes sticking out at the bottom. She opened and screamed.

 

 

Taeyeon grimaced as she heard Jessica’s dolphin scream, by now, all the customers would probably be looking at the scene. She tried to formulate a plan to escape without being discovered which would be most embarrassing. But it was too late. She could already feel someone begin lifting the tree off her.

 

 

Jessica watched in fearful anticipation as Donghae began taking the tree off the person. All the customers in the restaurant as well as the waiters and waitresses were silent and had their eyes glued to the sight.

 

 

Fear began to take hold of Taeyeon as she heard the deafening silence in the room and the tree began to come off her. In desperation she kicked fiercely at the person who was taking the tree off her and was rewarded with a loud grunt. Without hesitation, Taeyeon ran out of the restaurant to a deserted alley where she hastily removed her costume and threw it in the rubbish bin.

 

 

Jessica was surprised when the tree suddenly kicked Donghae and ran out the door.

 

 

“Are you alright?” she asked Donghae who was trying to put on a brave face.

 

 

Donghae nodded feebly, “Yes, I’m fine. I think it’s best if we get out of this restaurant.” He looked around suspiciously at the other trees inside the restaurant as if expecting them to suddenly sprout feet and begin attacking people.

 

 

As Jessica helped Donghae up, she noticed a white phone on the ground. She discreetly picked it up and slipped it into her pocket making a mental note to examine it later.

 

 

As they walked out of the restaurant, Jessica smiled at Donghae, “Thank you for the lunch, I enjoyed it very much even though it was interrupted. It’s been lovely to talk to you. I hope you have a good day. Bye!”

 

 

Jessica waved a goodbye and walked off in search of a taxi.

 

 

Donghae felt a wave of disappointment crashing over him as he stared bitterly at the receding figure of Jessica. Their lunch was sabotaged by a person pretending to be a tree. He banged his fist on a nearby tree in anger. Whoever that person was, they were going to pay. 

 

 

*

 

 

In the taxi, Jessica took out the phone she had picked up at the restaurant. She had a feeling that it belonged to the person pretending to be a tree. On the phone case, she saw the name TAEYEON in blue crystals. Could it be the Taeyeon she knew? As she opened the phone and looked at the photo set as the lock screen, the answer to her question was confirmed.

 

 

*

 

 

Taeyeon stifled a scream as Tiffany began to spread ointment on another wound.

 

 

“Stop being such a kid, TaeTae” she scolded playfully.

 

 

“But it hurts!” whined Taeyeon.

 

 

“Well, I did…”

 

 

Taeyeon cut her off, “Don’t say that!”

 

 

Tiffany raised her eyebrow questioningly, “Don’t say what?”

 

 

Taeyeon frowned, “You know”

 

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon with a clueless expression on her face, “What?”

 

 

Taeyeon sighed and rolled her eyes, “I told you that you’re plan wouldn’t work.”

 

 

Tiffany laughed, “But that’s true. I did tell you…

 

 

All of a sudden, the door slammed open and Jessica glared at them both, especially Taeyeon.

 

 

“I would like to have a talk with Tiffany” she ordered.

 

 

As Tiffany was dragged out the room, she gave a glare to Taeyeon.

 

 

Taeyeon cowered under the glares of the two most frightening girls in the dorm. Well, that was only when they were in a bad mood which was now.

 

 

*

 

 

Tiffany sat down on the bed of her old room, “What’s wrong Jessica?”

 

 

Jessica gave Taeyeon’s phone to Tiffany and directed, “Give that back to Taeyeon and tell your girlfriend to stop interfering with my love life.”

 

 

Tiffany tried to stay strong in front of Jessica’s glare, “Your love life?” she asked blankly.

 

 

Jessica looked at her coldly, “Yes, MY love life. I’m guessing you’re involved too?”

 

 

Tiffany pretended to look confused, “Me?”

 

 

Jessica nodded, “Yes you. I highly doubt your girlfriend could have done all this alone.”

 

 

Tiffany stuttered, “But, I wasn’t involved in today’s plan.” And covered after realising her mistake.

 

 

Jessica smirked, “So you admit, you’ve been involved in other plans?”

 

 

Tiffany looked down at the ground and mumbled, “Yes.”

 

 

A silence settled down on them both.

 

 

Tiffany continued with a gentle voice, “We were trying to help you move one. You looked so sad. Seeing that made us feel painful too. We were thinking…”

 

 

Jessica cleared and the icy glare melted from her face, “I understand. So did you two give me all the flowers, balloons, presents and messages?”

 

 

Tiffany nodded. “Are you mad at us?”

 

 

Jessica laughed, “Not really. I guess I’m really lucky to have two friends who care for me so much. Even if they do things that are quite stupid.”

 

 

Tiffany hugged Jessica, “I’m sorry for the pain we’ve caused you.”

 

 

Jessica relaxed in the hug, “That’s alright. I just want you and Taeyeon to know that there is and will be only one person in my heart. I love her so much and it’s impossible for me to let her go. And even though loving her is causing me so much pain now, I don’t ever regret falling in love with her. She’s like the key to my heart. We're a perfect match even if she doesn’t know it.”

 

 

Tiffany smiled, “Yes, I know what you mean.”

 

 

Jessica drew back from the hug, “Thanks.”

 

 

Tiffany beamed, “No problem. Why don’t we do something fun?”

 

 

Jessica looked at Tiffany in surprise, “Fun?”

 

 

Tiffany nodded and dragged Jessica out the door, “Let’s go shopping!”

 

 

The two of them skipped outside, laughing and chatting excitedly. They didn’t notice a girl hiding behind the door who had overheard part of their conversation.

 

 

*

 

 

Those words were imprinted in Sooyoung’s head: there is and will be only one person in my heart...

 

 

So Jessica was in love, with a girl. Could it be her? She pushed that question to the back of her mind, of course it wouldn’t she thought, I don’t deserve her, I don’t

 

 

I’m sure she’s not in love with me.

 

 

I’m not the type of person she would fall in love with.

 

 

I wish I was that girl.

 

 

I…

 

 

I don't know what to do anymore Jessica...