Confusion

You are the Key to my Heart

 

Taeyeon walked to the door of her room and turned the handle. She was so exhausted after that run, all she wanted to do was lie down and have a long…

 

Achoooooo!

 

Taeyeon looked around the room in shock, it was covered in white… feathers. What on earth had happened while I was gone?

 

Suddenly she heard the door been opened wider. She heard gasps of shock and turned around to meet Tiffany and Jessica.

 

“TaeTae, what did you do to the room? I thought you were cleaning up not making it even messier!” Tiffany shouted.

 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany with a surprised expression, “But I… I didn’t do anything!”

 

Jessica glared at Taeyeon suspiciously, “Are you sure you didn’t? How are we going to sleep in here now?”

 

Taeyeon looked from one to the other, puzzled at what had happened to the room.

 

Tiffany sighed and walked up to Taeyeon, “I guess we can’t sleep in this room tonight.” She gave Taeyeon a wink. “Thanks to my messy girlfriend.”

 

Jessica glared at Taeyeon, “That’s right! Where are we going to sleep for the night, Tiffany?”

 

Tiffany smiled, “Well, TaeTae and me will sleep in my previous room. Since that room’s too small for all three of us, you can sleep with Sooyoung and Yuri.”

 

Jessica looked at Tiffany with a mix of fear, puzzlement and excitement, “I am going to, what?”

 

Tiffany shrugged casually, “Well, since you and Sooyoung were roommates before I’m sure sleeping in the same room won’t matter.”

 

Jessica looked a little concerned, “But there’s only two…”

 

Tiffany cut her off, “We’ll discuss those problems later.” She heard someone walking up the corridor, “Good, that would be Sooyoung. Let’s just ask her if it will be alright.”

 

She ushered Jessica out of the room and gave Taeyeon a discrete thumbs up.

 

*

 

“Do you think you can manage to walk now?” Yuri asked Yoona.

 

Yoona nodded weakly, “I think so.” She got up unsteadily and wobbled on her right foot, trying to put less weight on her left foot. When Yuri tried to steady her, Yoona jumped at the unexpected touch. As she jumped, Yoona tripped over Yuri’s foot and she fell over. They ended up in a tangled mess on the floor.

 

The door opened.

 

“Hello Yoona unnie, I was just wondering…”

 

Seohyun took one look at the scene and turned a deep shade of pink, “Um… sorry unnies… didn’t mean to interrupt you… I’ll leave now” She gave a quick bow and hurried out from the room.

 

Yuri groaned as she untangled herself from Yoona. “Now the maknae thinks we’re… we’re…” Yuri couldn’t bring herself to say the word. She still had conflicting feelings about her love for Yoona.

 

“We’re what?” asked Yoona, her heart beating quickly. Would Yuri say that we are…

 

Yuri bit her lip nervously, “Uh… really clumsy” She laughed awkwardly. “We might try walking tomorrow. You should just rest today. The fall might have made your sprained ankle worse.” She helped Yoona into the chair and left the room.

 

Yoona sighed, it would have been nice if Yuri had said they were a couple or they were dating or they were… Even though, it wasn’t like that in real life, just hearing those words from would have been able to fill the emptiness in her heart a little.

 

*

 

Taeyeon was dancing out of the bedroom with a wide grin on her face, they had succeeded with mission 2.

 

Ouch!

 

“Oh, I’m so sorry unnie”

 

“That’s alright. But why are you in such a rush, Seohyun?” Taeyeon questioned.

 

Seohyun fidgeted nervously, “Well…um… I was going to Yoona’s bedroom to ask if she wanted any of the leftover ice-cream and… she and Yuri were…” Seohyun paused wondering if she should tell Taeyeon what she saw, after all, she was the only one who knew of Yoona’s love for Yuri.

 

“Yoona and Yuri were…?” coaxed Taeyeon.

 

“Well, Yoona was lying on top of Yuri and…”

 

“It was just a misunderstanding!” shouted Yuri, “I was trying to help Yoona walk properly but she tripped and fell on top of me. We are not a couple or dating or anything like that!”

 

Taeyeon and Seohyun nodded furiously; seeing Yuri’s anger was very rare and in the very few times it did happen, they had learnt it was best to stay out of the way.

 

Yuri angrily stormed past them and walked outside, slamming the door behind her.

 

“Do you know why she’s so angry?” Taeyeon asked Seohyun.

 

“She’s usually not like that, especially since it was such a small thing. Usually, Yuri would just laugh it off but the way she’s acting, it’s really strange.” replied a puzzled Seohyun.

 

“Maybe something is troubling her.” Taeyeon concluded. She ruffled her hair thoughtfully, “Seohyun, I forgot to ask you, why was Yoona crying before?”

 

{AUTHOR INTERRUPTION: Sorry for this interruption, but in case you’ve forgotten, Taeyeon found Yoona crying in chapter 6. Ok, you can continue reading^^}

 

Seohyun shuffled her feet. She was deciding whether to tell Taeyeon the truth, after all Yoona had entrusted her with that secret. But Taeyeon was the leader of the group and looked after all the other members the most so she should know about it.

 

“Well,… Yoona is in love with Yuri” Seohyun whispered.

 

“What?” Taeyeon shouted.

 

“Unnie, please keep your voice down,” mumbled Seohyun.

 

Taeyeon blushed, “Oops, sorry. It’s just that I never realised that.” She leaned in closer to Seohyun and whispered in her ear, “Is Yuri in love with Yoona?”

 

Seohyun shook her head, “I don’t think so. She’s been acting rather cold and distant recently.”

 

Taeyeon frowned, “That’s strange. Love can be so complicated.”

 

After thinking for a few moments, a smirk spread onto Taeyeon’s face.

 

“Are you, by any chance, in love with anyone?” she asked in a low voice.

 

Seohyun turned pink, “Um…no…well, not really... I…” she stuttered.

 

Taeyeon raised her eyebrow, “Are you sure? The way you’re acting…”

 

Seohyun composed herself, “I seriously am not in love with anyone.”

 

Taeyeon crossed her arms, “Seriously?”

 

Seohyun nodded, “Yes.”

 

Taeyeon shrugged casually, “Well, if you don’t want to tell me now, you can always tell me later, I will always be willing to hear.”

 

Seohyun pouted, “I told you unnie, I am NOT in love with anyone.”

 

Taeyeon laughed, “Well, you’re not acting like it. I can tell our maknae’s in love.” She gave a wink to Seohyun.

 

Seohyun tried to give a glare to Taeyeon but failed miserably and they both ended up laughing.

 

Taeyeon wrapped an arm around Seohyun, “You were saying there was some leftover ice-cream right?”

 

Seohyun nodded.

 

“Well, let’s go and have some since the shikshin doesn’t want it.” Taeyeon cheered.

 

They made their way to the kitchen, unaware that a pair of eyes was following their every move.

 

*

 

Yoona found it hard to stay in her room after she heard the door slam. She had heard her angry shouts and her heavy footsteps. What was it that had made Yuri so angry?

 

She anxiously glanced at the clock for the thirty-third time in twenty minutes. Where had Yuri gone? It was 11:30pm and it was pitch black outside except for the light from the moon. Should she go and look for Yuri?

 

Yoona gripped onto the chair with white knuckles as she stood up and took a few, unsteady steps. Gritting her teeth against the pain that shot up her leg, she made her way to the outside door. She stopped at the door, drawing in a few laboured breaths. It’s good that none of the other members noticed me, or they would tell me to sit down and rest. Then I wouldn’t be able to find Yuri. I hope she’s safe.

 

She looked into the living room and saw Taeyeon and Seohyun sitting in front of the television. Taeyeon was fast asleep, a bowl of popcorn on her lap and although Seohyun had her eyes to the screen, she was clearly not paying any attention to the movie.

 

Yoona quietly opened the door and discreetly limped outside into the cold, night air, not noticing the ominous, dark clouds rolling into the sky, threatening to obscure the moonlight.

 

*

 

Seohyun gazed blankly at the television screen, hardly paying attention to what was going on in the movie. Her mind kept on replaying the conversation with Taeyeon. What should she do? Taeyeon now knew she in love with someone. If Taeyeon asked which person she was in love with, should she tell the truth or lie? If she had to tell the truth she would say Hyoyeon but if she had to tell the lie it would be Yonghwa. But she had no chance with Hyoyeon, so she probably shouldn’t say she was in love with her. Ever since that night, she had ruined any hopes of ever being with Hyoyeon.

 

*flashback*

 

Seohyun made her excuses and bolted to the bedroom, locking the door hurriedly. All the members had decided to have a celebration after the success of their new album and it had gotten a little out of control. Actually, a little out of control, was a huge understatement. The dorm was now a complete and utter mess; it smelt of alcohol and all the members had gotten drunk except for her. And they had all gone a bit crazy from their drunkenness, especially Hyoyeon who had initially refused alcohol but was then forced by the other members to drink. She just wanted to escape from the dorm that night, to have some peace and quiet. She curled under the bedcovers, opened a torch and began to read a book.

 

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.

 

Seohyun ignored the knock as she knew that all the members were drunk and were probably just fooling around.

 

There were another few knocks.

 

Seohyun was a bit frustrated but kept silent.

 

Soon the knocking became incessant and Seohyun put down the book and covered her ears with her pillow to block out the noise.

 

“Seohyunnie” came a loud voice from outside.

 

Even though Seohyun had her ears covered by the pillow, she could still hear and identify the voice. It was Hyoyeon’s. Opening the door was definitely not going to be a good idea. Hyoyeon could be very scary while she was drunk and would probably hit her and call her names.

 

The knocking turned to thuds which rattled the windows. Seohyun removed the pillow and looked fearfully at the door. Hyoyeon was never this violent while drunk. She felt fear prickling up her neck.

 

“I know you’re in there.” Hyoyeon shouted.

 

Seohyun gulped but continued to stay silent.

 

“If you don’t open up, I swear I’ll bash the door down!” Hyoyeon yelled.

 

Seohyun hesitantly got up and stood outside the door.

 

The thudding continued, it seemed that the door would break for certain if she didn’t do anything.

 

With her heart beating quickly from fear, she unlocked the door and opened it revealing a slightly dishevelled Hyoyeon. What did Hyoyeon want from her?

 

Hyoyeon lightly entwined her arm with Seohyun and sat down on the bed while Seohyun was still standing up.

 

Seohyun was surprised at her gentle touch as she had been violently smashing the door just minutes ago.

 

“Jagiya, sit down” smiled Hyoyeon.

 

Jagiya? Seohyun thought. But that means…

 

“Sit” said Hyoyeon in a firmer tone.

 

Seohyun sat, “Unnie, why did you call me jagiya?”

 

Hyoyeon felt her heart beat quicker and became dry. Should she say the reason now?

 

Seohyun shook her head seeing that Hyoyeon was silent. “You shouldn’t have drunk so much, unnie. It’s not good for you. You’ll probably get a terrible hangover tomorrow and we still have a schedule. You should probably have a shower, brush your teeth and go to sleep now.”

 

Hyoyeon’s voice was hoarse, “Why? Why do you care about me so much?”  

 

Seohyun looked puzzled, “I care because you’re my unnie, like my older sister.”

 

Hyoyeon’s expression darkened, “Is that it? I’m like your older sister? Nothing else?”

 

Seohyun nodded her head timidly, wondering why Hyoyeon seemed so angry all of a sudden.

 

Hyoyeon looked around the room, looking for something to vent her rage on. She spotted a nearby flower vase which she picked up and threw at wall. Before Seohyun could stop her, she punched the mirror, making the glass shatter into a thousand pieces.

 

Seohyun stood up in horror and quickly ran to Hyoyeon, restraining her from moving.

 

“Unnie! Why are you being so violent? You’ve hurt yourself, your hand’s bleeding. Wait here and don’t do anything silly, I’ll go and get the first aid kit.” Seohyun whispered.

 

Hyoyeon fiercely pulled herself from Seohyun, blood trickling down her arm and onto the carpet.

 

“I don’t care about this.” she held up her bleeding hand. “This pain is nothing compared to what I’ve felt in my heart. Don’t you know? Don’t you understand? I thought you were good at knowing what other people are feeling and thinking. How could you not know…” Hyoyeon’s voice became a whisper as the tears trickled down from her cheeks.

 

“I’m in love with you Seo Joohyun.”

 

Seohyun was speechless at the confession.

 

Hyoyeon moved closer to her, gazing deep into the eyes of the younger girl. She swept a soft kiss across Seohyun’s lips. Then she pulled out a little white box and opened it, showing a diamond ring that sparkled, even in the dim light.

 

“Will you accept my love for you?” she asked.

 

Seohyun was unable to find the words to say, “I… I…”

 

She quickly ran out of the room, leaving a tearful Hyoyeon standing alone in the room, the box discarded on the floor.

 

*end flashback*

 

After that, Hyoyeon no longer looked after Seohyun like before. She was still polite and caring but Seohyun could see that every word she spoke to her and every action she made to her was forced.

 

What Seohyun was so afraid to say, to accept, was the fact that she had felt tingles down her spine when Hyoyeon had kissed her. She just couldn’t bring herself to the fact that she was in love with a girl. Previously, she respected homouals but thought their relationship was quite wrong. It was not until after that kiss, she realised that perhaps she was the one who was wrong.

 

She often thought about what might have happened if she had said she felt love for Hyoyeon too. She might feel happiness in her heart, to be able to love and to be loved in return. But because of that mistake, that would never happen; there wouldn’t be a happy ending for her and Hyoyeon, right?

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

 

Hello my readers, 

 

I was going to update earlier but this chapter turned out to be really really long, especially the flashback. 

 

Who was the girl who was watching Taeyeon and Seohyun?  It could be any of the 9 girls excluding Yuri, Taeyeon and Seohyun. Any guesses? And will Yoona find Yuri? All will be revealed in the next chapter^^

 

And thank you for the comments and subscriptions. I was really happy to get more comments than last time! If I get at least 10 comments, I'll make an update on Thursday. (Does that count as bribery? XD) So any silent readers, I really hope you make a comment