Just Another Day...

You are the Key to my Heart

 

Yoona opened her eyes to the smell of freshly baked bread, fried eggs, bacon, sliced tomatoes, and orange juice. Her stomach growled in response. Was it only last night that I shared a bowl of ramen with Yuri?

 

But looking around her room in the hospital, she saw no one and she slumped in disappointment. Suddenly the door burst open and Sunny skipped in, beaming when she saw that Yoona was awake.

 

“Good morning Yoona!” she sang. “Did you have a good sleep last night?”

 

Yoona nodded feebly. Normally, Sunny’s energy and happiness would have been infectious on her but all she could think about was Yuri and why she had gone. You said you would stay by my side until I woke up. But now you’re gone without even leaving me a note.

 

Sunny noticed Yoona’s dejected expression and sat next to the bed.

 

“What’s wrong Yoona?” she asked.

 

Yoona shook her head, “It’s nothing.”

 

Sunny frowned at the younger girl’s obvious lie, “If it’s nothing, cheer up! Look, I brought you food.”

 

Sunny jumped up and carefully carried the tray of breakfast, setting it on Yoona’s bed.

 

“Now eat.” she ordered, “You need to gain back your energy.”

 

Yoona sighed as she picked up a fork, listlessly pushing the food around on her plate.

 

Sunny heaved a sigh of frustration, “Yoona, what’s wrong? You look like someone just drove their car over your pet dog and your usually huge appetite has completely disappeared. Don’t say it’s nothing. I can tell something’s wrong.”

 

Yoona said in a barely audible whisper, “I can’t say…”

 

“Why?” questioned Sunny.

 

Yoona cleared , “Because… because I just can’t”

 

Sunny threw her hands up in defeat, “Ok, ok you win this time Yoona. But if you’re not going to tell me what’s wrong, at least get some food into your stomach.” I guess she’s not ready to tell me what’s wrong, it must be very personal. I’ll have to wait patiently until she trusts me or any of the other members enough to say what’s wrong. I just hope she can still keep her spirits up.

 

“But I’m not hungry.” stated Yoona, putting down her fork.

 

Sunny frowned, “But you must eat. Doctor’s orders.”

 

Yoona crossed her arms and pouted, “I don’t want to.”

 

Sunny rolled her eyes at Yoona’s childishness. She picked up the knife and fork and began to cut the food up into bite size pieces. Spearing a piece of bread and fried egg with the fork, she held it to Yoona’s mouth and beckoned at her to open .

 

Yoona shook her head, stubbornly keeping shut.

 

Instead of trying to reason with Yoona or get angry at her, Sunny went for another tactic, something that was completely foolproof.

 

“Yoonaaa” she blinked cutely. “Can you open your mouth? Please?” she asked in a childish voice.

 

Yoona shook her head.

 

Sunny smiled inside, she was going well.

 

Sunny put an extra cute expression on her face, “Please Yoona, please…”

 

She could see that Yoona was getting annoyed.

 

Sunny pouted and pretended to cry, “Pleaseeeee… Yoonaaaa.”

 

Yoona glared at her but refused to open .

 

If looks could kill, I would probably be dead by now. But it’s for a valid reason this time.

 

 “Please open your mouth, Yoona, pleaseeee.” Sunny begged in an aegyo-filled voice.

 

Yoona shut her eyes and pulled a pillow over her ears.

 

Sunny raised her voice louder, “Yoonaaaa, please, please, could you open your mouth?”

 

Yoona groaned as she put the pillow back and took the fork from Sunny, putting the food in .

 

“You win this time.” sighed Yoona. “I could have punched you for all that aegyo.”

 

Sunny giggled cutely, “Thank you”

 

Yoona glared at her, arm raised threateningly, “I was warning you.”

 

Sunny laughed, “Your reactions are so funny. If you ate straight away, you wouldn’t have to listen to all that aegyo.”

 

Yoona pulled a face and continued to eat.

 

Sunny smiled at the sight. I’m glad that she seems to have her appetite back.

 

*

 

Taeyeon was lying in bed with Tiffany, the two in each other’s embrace.

 

“Fany, do you think that Sooyoung and Jessica will be together?” she asked.

 

Tiffany smiled, “Things don’t look good now but with us as cupids, I’m sure we will be able to get them together, somehow.”

 

Taeyeon nodded, “You’re very right, Fany. Together, we’ll be able to do anything!”

 

She punched her fist into the air.

 

Tiffany pinched Taeyeon’s cheeks and kissed her on the nose, “You’re so cute TaeTae. Like a little kid.”

 

Taeyeon pouted when she heard those words, but Tiffany gave her a quick kiss on the lips which left her all smiles.

 

“Fany, I think we have to play cupid for another couple.” she sighed.

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon with surprise, “Another couple?”

 

Taeyeon cleared , “Well, actually, make that two.”

 

Tiffany sat up from Taeyeon’s arms and looked at Taeyeon, “Two?” she asked incredulously.

 

Taeyeon nodded and gently pulled Tiffany back under the covers and into her arms.

 

Tiffany opened but before she could speak Taeyeon put her finger over her lips.

 

“I know what you’re going to say.” she chuckled. “First couple is Yoona and Yuri. Yoona is in love with Yuri but Seohyun doesn’t think Yuri loves her back, well not in that way.”

 

Tiffany interrupted her, “So you were talking to Seohyun about that as well.”

 

Taeyeon smiled faintly, “Yes, don’t you want to hear about the other couple?”

 

Tiffany nodded, “I’m sorry about that.”

 

Taeyeon looked puzzled, “About what?”

 

Tiffany sighed, “About thinking that you were flirting with…”

 

Taeyeon silenced her with a soft kiss, “I thought we went over that this morning. That’s the past and not a very nice event so let’s just forget about it. We’re together now.”

 

Tiffany eyesmiled at Taeyeon, “Thank you TaeTae”

 

Taeyeon grinned, “No need to thank but you’re welcome. As I was saying before, the second couple is Seohyun and unknown.”

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon with bewilderment, “If it’s Seohyun and unknown, how on earth are we supposed to help them?”

 

Taeyeon winked, “We’ll spy on Seohyun and find out who she’s in love with.”

 

Tiffany pushed Taeyeon away, “That’s mean. It’s the maknae you’re talking about. We have no right to intrude on her private life.”

 

Taeyeon pouted when Tiffany pushed her away, “But we’re sort of doing that with Sooyoung and Jessica.” She tried to hug Tiffany again.

 

Tiffany got off the bed, away from Taeyeon’s grasp and stretched, “But we’re doing it for Sooyoung and Jessica because they have feelings for each other but are too thick-headed to notice that the other loves them as well and don’t have enough courage to confess. It’s for a good purpose and we are just doing it so they don’t get hurt.”

 

“But this is for a good purpose too.” Taeyeon protested.

 

“It’s different” Tiffany argued back.

 

Taeyeon gazed at Tiffany with pleading eyes, “Can’t we? Just this once?”

 

Tiffany tried not to fall under the spell of Taeyeon’s cuteness.

 

“I just don’t want our maknae running after the wrong person.” stated Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany hugged Taeyeon, “Ok, just this once. But if we get caught, you’re taking responsibility.”

 

Taeyeon nodded and pecked Tiffany on the cheek.

 

“That’s brilliant! Let’s start.” she shouted as she ran out the door.

 

Tiffany smiled as she headed towards the door. Looks like today’s going to be an exciting day. I wonder where TaeTae gets all that energy from, I can barely walk without closing my eyes. I hardly slept at all last night and neither did she. I wonder whether Yoona is awake now.

 

*

 

Seohyun offered another tissue to the sobbing girl who had her arms wrapped around her. She patted her back like a mother would do to a child.

 

“It’s okay unnie, everything’s going to be fine.” she murmured.

 

Unfortunately, Jessica cried even harder after hearing those words and Seohyun shifted in her position uncomfortably. I’m not too sure how to deal with a person with a broken heart. Comforting her makes her cry even harder. What am I supposed to do?

 

In another room…

 

*

 

 “I *sob* don’t know what to do *sniff* anymore… She *hiccup* hates me *sniff* now…”

 

Hyoyeon patted Sooyoung on the shoulder.

 

“I’m sure she doesn’t hate you. You should just go back to her and explain things.” she whispered soothingly.

 

“But *sniff* I can’t. She won’t *sob* understand. She doesn’t know *sniff* that I want to go back *hiccup* just as much as she *sniff*does. She won’t understand…” Sooyoung wept.

 

Hyoyeon held in a sigh, “Don’t say that. Of course she will understand. You too have always been so close to each other, you’ve known each other for over ten years! Just go and talk to her, I’m sure she will forgive you.” I’m not too sure what I’m supposed to say, Sooyoung still hasn’t told me the reason for her tears, I just know it’s something to do with Jessica. I hope things between them will mend, it’s difficult seeing the other members of your group so upset.

 

Sooyoung shook her head, “I can’t… I’ve kept all this a secret, for all those years. She never *sob* knew. And now *sniffle* I made a promise *sob* and I can never *hiccup* be with her.” She broke into uncontrollable sobs that shook her whole body.

 

Hyoyeon hugged Sooyoung and rubbed her head, having trouble figuring out what was wrong between Jessica and Sooyoung. This is so confusing.

 

*

 

Taeyeon dragged Tiffany back into the bedroom.

 

“We must do something” she declared. “I never knew that abandoning them for a day could have such disastrous consequences.” she sighed.

 

Tiffany frowned, “They must have gotten into a bit of a fight again. And now, they’re both crying their eyes out. We must do something.”

 

“But what?” pondered Taeyeon out loud.

 

The two of them gazed into space, thinking very hard about what they could do.

 

“Let’s go for lunch TaeTae” said Tiffany, tugging at Taeyeon’s hand.

 

“Lunch?” shouted Taeyeon, “But we haven’t even thought of a plan yet.”

 

Tiffany grinned, “The plan is lunch. We’ll go to a restaurant. You go take care of Hyoyeon and Sooyoung and I’ll take care of Seohyun and Jessica.”

 

Taeyeon nodded and winked at Tiffany cheekily, “I understand. I can already think of all sorts of things we can do at lunch.” 

 

Tiffany laughed when she saw the mischief sparkling in Taeyeon’s eyes, “Well, you have the privilege of carrying them out. Just make sure you don’t get caught. And don’t go too far.”

 

“I won’t.” Taeyeon chuckled playfully, “You can’t catch me, I’m the Gingerbread Man.” she sang as she walked out the door.

 

Tiffany made her way to Sunny and Hyoyeon’s room, still smiling at her girlfriend’s childishness. Mission 3 is underway. Take soosica out for lunch. I hope that Taeyeon’s plans will go well. TaeNy Fighting!

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

 

Hello my dear readers, 

 

What do you think of this chapter? Anyone curious on where Yuri has gone and what Taeyeon has in plan for the lunch? It will be revealed in the next chapter which will be up on the 18th for Jessica's birthday. 

 

Thank you for all of your comments and subscribing. I would really appreciate it if you left a comment after reading this story, you have no idea how much it means to me. Also, I realised I have never mentioned the people who have upvoted this story. My sincere apologies. I'll list them here now and I'd like to say a huge thank you to all of you, I'm feel so privileged to have your upvotes. Here are the eight wonderful people who upvoted:

 

ForeverNine9

 

Soolim

 

summerwinter

 

Youngjae08

 

icefire

 

Hawkelion

 

killavibez

 

ariayeSONE

 

I am very grateful for your support♥ I hope you have enjoyed this chapter:D