A Prank Gone Wrong

You are the Key to my Heart

 

Tiffany shivered in the cold, she wished she had brought a coat, the freezing wind had come unexpectedly. She had been taking a walk to clear her mind from any thoughts of Taeyeon. Yet the face of that one girl she loved so much kept coming to her head. Realising she had walked to a park, she sat down on a nearby bench with her arms wrapped around her, trying to keep warm.

Suddenly, Tiffany felt something warm envelop her and a cheerful voice say “Hello!”

*

Jessica smiled as she opened the door and entered, at least she would be welcome here. Seohyun and Yoona were sitting on the floor watching a movie on their laptop.  

“Do you want to watch with us?” Seohyun and Yoona asked.

Jessica tried to look enthusiastic as she said, “Sure that would be fun.”

She sat down with them and the three talked and laughed as they watched. Jessica wanted to be with Sooyoung but she knew thinking about her would only make her feel more sad; at least been with the two maknaes helped to ease some of the pain.

*

“What do you think of the plan?” asked Yuri.

Sooyoung was surprised, “But… Jessica; I can’t do that to her.”

Yuri questioned, “Why not?”

Sooyoung looked out the window, choosing to ignore the question.

Yuri sighed inwardly, she could tell that Sooyoung and Jessica were in love with each other but she knew it would be for the best if they weren’t together; if the news got out to the public, it would cause a huge scandal. She hoped the prank may be enough to cut their love for each other.

“Fine, we’ll do it together.” Yuri replied, another idea forming in her head.

*

Tiffany turned her head around so quickly that Taeyeon didn’t have time to remove her head from Tiffany’s shoulder. Tiffany blushed madly as their noses almost touched, she had never seen Taeyeon’s face this close. Tiffany felt a sense of disappointed when Taeyeon quickly moved back.

Taeyeon smiled widely at Tiffany, pretending that nothing out of the ordinary had happened, even though her heart was still beating wildly, “It’s not good to wear so less on such a cold day. You need to look after your health Tiffany.”

Taeyeon almost melted as Tiffany eyesmiled at her and said “Thank you, Taeyeon. You’re a really good friend.”

Taeyeon did a mock bow and extended her hand to Tiffany, “No problem. It’s getting dark now, we should probably head back to the dorm. The others will be worried about us.”

Tiffany giggled nervously as she took Taeyeon’s hand. She draped Taeyeon’s coat over the both of them, and said “We should share your coat. Otherwise you’ll be cold too and you might get sick.”

As they walked back in the increasing darkness, Tiffany wasn’t able to see the small smile on Taeyeon’s face and the wistful way she looked at her.

*

It was almost bed time and Sooyoung was fidgeting nervously. She didn’t know if playing such a prank on Jessica was such a good idea but Yuri was insistent on doing it.

“Come on” Yuri whispered in her ear.

“Ahhhh!” Sooyoung almost jumped up into the air and turned to frown at Yuri but saw she was already heading to the bathroom.

Sighing heavily, Sooyoung followed her to the bathroom where Jessica was brushing her teeth. Sooyoung and Yuri crept into the shower cubicle without being noticed. Then they each grabbed one side of a piece of cloth and pulled. It didn’t rip.

“Pull harder” Yuri whispered. “1, 2, 3…”

The cloth ripped loudly into two but Sooyoung fell back, right behind Jessica. Sooyoung winced as Jessica screamed and turned around to make a dash to her room. From there, things didn’t go to Yuri’s plan.

As much as Yuri didn’t want to hurt her two close friends, she thought that a girl and girl relationship, especially because they were idols, would not work out. She had purposely yet discreetly pushed Sooyoung to make her fall and hoped that Jessica would be mad at Sooyoung. Knowing, Jessica’s temperament, she would act cold to Sooyoung for quite some time. Perhaps that would be enough to break their love, after all, it was only an infatuation, right?

Jessica, however, did not notice Sooyoung lying on the floor with her eyes shut, bracing for Jessica’s anger. She tripped over Sooyoung’s leg and landed on top of her. By this time, all the other members had come running to the bathroom to see what had made Jessica unleash her well-known dolphin scream. They had all begun laughing hard. Jessica was very upset and ran back to her room, trying to hide her reddening cheeks.

Sooyoung opened her eyes, breathing heavily, had Jessica just fallen on her? Moving on was much harder than she thought. She glared at the other members who were laughing their heads off.

“What’s so funny?” she shouted.

“You… and… Jessica…” Tiffany managed to say between her laughs.  

The rest of the group laughed even harder after those words.

Sooyoung stormed off to the kitchen, muttering angrily to herself.

Yuri appeared from the shower cubicle and looked at the other members with a nonchalant expression, “It was actually a prank but it went wrong.” Horribly wrong, Yuri thought, I hope it doesn’t make them fall in love with each other even more.

The other members had recovered from their long outburst of laughter and looked questioningly at Yuri.

“What was the prank?” they asked curiously.

“Well, Sooyoung and me ripped a piece of fabric behind Jessica while she was brushing her teeth so that she thought that some part of her clothing had ripped. But Sooyoung accidentally fell down and Jessica tripped over her as she was running back to her room.” Yuri stated.

“Nice job!” exclaimed Hyoyeon, “Even if it didn’t go according to plan. Let’s hope she forgives us soon. Remember the last time we played a prank on her?”

Yuri laughed, “Yes, we gave her a bouquet of half-eaten cucumbers. It was hilarious seeing the expression on her face.”

Yoona tried to hide the twinge of jealousy as Hyoyeon and Yuri laughed and nudged each other. They looked so comfortable together she thought. I wish I could be so close to her.

Seohyun noticed Yoona was looking away and knew what her best friend was feeling. She quickly interrupted the scene by saying, “Unnies, I think we should go to bed now. Or our skin cells won’t grow.”

Everybody nodded, they knew better than to argue with the maknae on this matter.

“Great idea” they all murmured, “It’s almost midnight. We can have a couple of hours to regenerate our skin cells. Good night.”

Yoona gave a thankful look to Seohyun who only smiled slightly in response. 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+

Sorry that it took so long to update, next chapter will be up sooner. There's some TaeNy and SooSica in this chapter and it seems Yoona is jealous. Hope you like it. What do you think will happen next? 

Thank you again to all my subscribers and viewers for your support. And also for your positive comments