Thoughts and Decisions

You are the Key to my Heart

 

Hello to all my lovely readers, I did say I was going to post this first chapter in around a day but I got a bit over-excited with writing and  finished it pretty quickly:) Hope you like what I have written so far. Any comments, advice, criticism and suggestions are welcome, as long as you're not rude. I'm sorry if there are some bits which are in first person, I have the tendency to switch between first person and third person when writing and I may have missed out some when correcting. What do you think about the poster? I think I need to polish up on some of my picture editing skills, haven't made a poster like that in a long, long time. Just to let you know, it might take a few days for the next update. This is a rather long message isn't it? So without further ado, you can start reading, unless you have already started:D

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

*** A FEW WEEKS LATER***

Jessica sat down on the chair in her room and twirled a fountain pen around, pretending she was busy writing. She had just gotten back from her photo-shoot, which had clashed with her lunch and she was quite hungry. She hoped her stomach didn’t growl too much until it was dinner and even more so, she hoped a certain somebody wouldn’t notice her hunger. She snuck another look at Sooyoung who was engrossed in a book, admiring her facial features and the way her hair was casually swept back, turning into a deep shade of copper as it caught the sunlight. Jessica’s stomach growled again. She silently sighed in frustration. Suddenly, Sooyoung got off her bed and walked out the door with Jessica looking after her in surprise.

She wondered why Sooyoung did not talk to her as much as before and why she would frequently not be in their dorm even though she did not have schedules. Jessica liked Sooyoung, there was no doubt about it, but it was hard to hold this secret and the pain of this seemingly one-sided love to herself; she had to tell someone, someone who would keep it a secret. Collecting her thoughts, she walked out the door to Tiffany’s room. Tiffany was one of her best friends, they always confided in each other since they could converse in English and would not be afraid of other members knowing what they are talking about.

 

Sooyoung returned to her room with a packet of biscuits she had purloined from the fridge, which was currently been guarded by Hyoyeon to prevent ShikShins from stealing food. Luckily she had gotten away without being hit; only verbally threatened. Sooyoung had heard Jessica’s stomach growling with hunger and decided to give her something to eat. It was hard to treat her as if she were only a best friend, Jessica was more than that, but she had made up her mind and was determined to keep to her decision. When she opened the door, she did not see Jessica. Knowing she had not left the house, Sooyoung began to search around the dorm.

 

Jessica walked to the end of the corridor and knocked on a door painted bright pink.

 “Come in” answered Tiffany.

Jessica opened the door and peered inside, stifling a sigh of relief as she saw Tiffany was alone. Seeing Jessica’s dejected expression, Tiffany’s eyebrows shot up and she ran over, enveloping Jessica in a hug.

“What’s wrong?” she asked as beckoned Jessica to sit down.

Jessica looked into the eyes of Tiffany, the only person she felt she could trust right now, and took a deep breath, “I think I’m in love with Sooyoung.”

Tiffany’s eyes widened in surprise and a little excitement, “Really?”

Jessica nodded slightly, “Yes, but I don’t know what to do about it. We haven’t been that close these few weeks, it’s almost as if she’s avoiding me.” She dropped her head down as tears began to well up in her eyes. Tiffany looked at Jessica with pity in her eyes and was just about to reassure her when there was a loud knock on the door. Before Tiffany could open to say anything, the door flew open.

“Hello Tiffany, I…”

Tiffany tried not to look nervous as Sooyoung looked puzzled at the strange scene, especially the position Jessica was in.

“Tiffany, why does Jessica have her head bowed down?” Sooyoung questioned.

Tiffany slowly cleared and tried to search for an excuse, *cough* “um… er… she’s praying.” She tried to put on an “everything is perfectly fine” face.

“Praying?” asked Sooyoung with a surprised expression.

Tiffany nodded as she flashed her eyesmile at Sooyoung and gently pushed her out of the room.

“Best not to disturb her, you should go and finish that packet of biscuits” said Tiffany as she noticed the foil wrapping in Sooyoung’s hand.

Tiffany dashed back into the room, quickly closed the door and leaned against it, heart thumping wildly in her chest. That was close she thought. After a few minutes, she opened the door and relief washed over her as she saw Sooyoung had left. Tiffany walked back to Jessica who still had her head down. Suddenly, Jessica’s head lifted her head and she glared at me, her icy facial expression making Tiffany feel as if all the winds in Antarctica had blown into the room.

“Why did you say I was praying?” she demanded.

Despite the fact that Jessica was in a very vulnerable state, Tiffany still found her frightening.

“Because Sooyoung is a devout Christian.” Tiffany said half-heartedly, hoping that Jessica would forgive her. “It was the only thing I could think of, I sort of had a mental blank” she quickly added.

Jessica’s angry expression slowly faded and she smiled slightly, “It’s ok. I’m sorry for getting angry at you Tiffany, it’s just that unrequited love hurts a lot.”

Tiffany patted Jessica, “I understand. But Sooyoung was really caring to you before, maybe she’s just avoiding you these past few weeks because she’s not feeling very well or her schedules are making life quite stressful.”

“Perhaps, only time will tell. Thank you for listening to me.” Jessica said.

“No problem” Tiffany answered. “You always listen to me as well.”

As Jessica walked out the door she put a more cheerful expression on her face and said “We’ll talk more about our love problems another time. And good luck with Taeyeon.”

“Yeah,” mumbled Tiffany, “At least you share a room with Sooyoung. Taeyeon shares a room with Sunny.”

Jessica looked pointedly at Tiffany, “Just because you’re not in the same room, doesn’t mean you’re forbidden from going to her and talking to each other. You can get closer that way. Maybe you’re just forbidding yourself from doing that. Give it a try.”

Tiffany nodded as Jessica closed the door, she pondered over Jessica’s last words. After a few moments, she got off her bed, opened the door and went outside making sure that no-one heard the door click shut.

 

Jessica returned to her room but before she opened the door she heard voices. She recognised Sooyoung’s immediately, the other one was … Yuri’s. She felt as if her heart had been pierced. Sooyoung had gotten closer, much too close for Jessica’s liking, to Yuri. Sighing, Jessica removed her hand from the doorknob and walked to another room.

“Hello, can I come in?” Jessica asked after knocking.

“Sure, come and join us.” came the cheerful reply.

 

Sooyoung had heard those footsteps stop at the door and she knew who it was, Jessica. Trying to fall out of love with her was much harder than she thought.

“Hey!” Yuri suddenly exclaimed, jumping from the bed. “Let’s play a prank on somebody.” Her lips curved into a mischievous smile as she whispered the plan to Sooyoung. 

 

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+**+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

Where has Tiffany gone? And who has Jessica gone to? And what prank does Yuri have in mind this time? All of these questions will be answered in the next chapter.