encounters and phobias

The betrayals

 

It’s finally the Friday afternoon when they take their vacation trip on a private plane; they fly to Jeju Island as Mrs. Choi had planned. They get there and went to a luxurious hotel that mom had reserved.

They each had their own rooms, and mom had planned many activities for them to enjoy over the week-end like mountain climbing, horse riding, fishing, wind surfing , golfing and more. Everyone went to their rooms as soon as they arrived,after mom told them they needed to get ready in the morning as they had a journey fully planned of fun activities.

 

They got up late in the morning, ate breakfast in their suite, soon mom asked them to get ready.

Sooyoung asks “mom, where are we going?”

Mrs. Choi answered “we’re going to the beach this morning; the day is bright and sunny. Get your swimwear ready, we’re going swimming and surfing”.

Sooyoung nagged” mom you know I don’t like swimming in the ocean. Why do you do this to me everytime, wae?”

Mrs. Choi asked” Soo, why are you nagging, didn’t you say you wanted to wear your bikini?”

Sooyoung replied “I only meant I wanted to wear my bikini at the hotel’s pool or the hot tub not the ocean,mom” she said annoyed. She suddenly thinks of something and speaks again “Omma, what if I stay here by myself at the pool, the rest of you can go without me?”

“ Yah, Choi Sooyoung!” mom exclaimed in frustration “did we not come here to spend time as a family?”

“Okay mom, forget it alright. You don’t have to get mad” She replied scared her mom will get angrier.

“Then let’s go”.

 

 

They all get ready and arrived at the beach. They settled in one spot at the beach not far from a tiki bar. Meanwhile mom went to check on reservations she had made for family activities.

Then the beach attendant came to help them with wind surfing, everyone wanted to try it except Sooyoung who was scared of the ocean due a traumatic event she had suffered when she was younger, having almost drowned in the ocean.

She goes off by herself in her little corner watching her family have fun while she couldn’t because of her phobia. This is when Siwon who was done trying wind surfing came to check on her.

“Soo,are you not gonna try it? At least even once?” he asked

“Oppa, you know I’m kinda scared of the ocean, I don’t wanna drown trying to surf” She replied

“Soo, why are you still not over something that happened ages ago? You won’t drown, it’s not like you’re a child anymore” he said

“What? You think it’s not possible to drown at this age, plus when did people’s phobia know age?”  Then she continued sadly, lowering her head “I would’ve failed anyway”.

“It’s not that difficult, and you only need to have control over what you are doing then you will not fall in the water” he comforted her

She looked up at him “Thanks oppa. I know you’re trying to get me to have fun but I’m gonna pass on this one” she said with a smile.” Go have fun yourself; I’m sure there is something we’ll do together”.

 

He obeyed and left to go tanning under the sun, he put on his sunglasses and lay on a beach towel. Just then a beach ball came hitting him. He hurriedly took off his sunglasses to look at what had hit him, then his eyes got wider at the sight coming towards him. With a raised eyebrow he kept on staring at the beautiful young lady walking in his direction. She was tall, slim with an S line, great abs, fair skinned with long brown hair. Siwon so distracted by her beauty hadn’t notice she was already standing in front of him.

She stands with a smirk on her face “Am I that distracting to you?”

He suddenly snaps out of it, but stuttering “I...I didn’t mean to stare you down”.

“It’s okay. It’s me who’s sorry for hitting you with my ball” she then leaned to take her ball.

“Don’t worry” he says, still dazed.

As she was about to turn around and leave, he stopped her “wait, you didn’t tell me your name?”

“I’m Yoon Ju, Kang Yoon Ju. And your name?” She asks

“I’m Choi Siwon” he says holding out his hand for a handshake.

She took it, saying “nice to meet you Siwon”.

“What are you doing later on?” he asks smiling at her.

“Oh, not much. I was playing ball with my friends and the ball flew here. Now I’m here picking it up” she answered shyly.

“Would it be alright if I asked you out?” he said but then looking at her unsure expression “at least a coffee or a drink?”

“Okay, I don’t mind a drink… Meet me at Baron Hotel bar” she says

“Baron? So you’re staying at Baron’s. It’s not far from my hotel” he says excitedly.

“Great then. See you later” then she left.