Opportunity

The betrayals

“Why do you look like you’re in a hurry?” she asks Minho who was constantly checking the time.

“I have an appointment with my girlfriend. Just making sure I show up on time”

They were both out drinking early in the night at a bar because she wanted to go there. So out of courtesy he went with her and paid for their drinks. They’ve been hanging out for weeks since they became friends and she didn’t care that he had a girlfriend because she had her eyes on him too.

“There you go again with your girlfriend. Does she keep you on a leash?”

“Leash? What am I a dog? I don’t get controlled by women”

“Yet whenever she wants you, wherever she needs you, you’re always there”

“But Yuri, I’ve been hanging out with you more and spending all my time on you. When do I get to spend time with her?”

“Like I said, she controls you and whine to make you believe that you’re not spending enough time with her” she made a pirouette on her barstool with her y body just so he could get a look “She’s too demanding”.

She got up to go mingle with another group of people at the bar, flirting with some men. Minho who saw this became a bit bothered and move over to them to be with her. She took the opportunity to flirt with other men in front of him to make him jealous. Because she was a celebrity, people easily liked and flocked to her, she knew it and used it to her advantage as the smart and cunning girl that she was. So she used her magic on Minho to get him hung up on her, which was partially working. Everyone started taking shots, Yuri thought it would be the perfect way to stall Minho and make him miss his girlfriend’s appointment urging him to take shots after shots.

“Here, take this in one shot” she hands him a glass of whisky “No wait, since you know I have high tolerance for alcohol let’s see if you can outlast me. I challenge you to ten shots of this” she showed him the strongest alcohol in the bar.

He looked at her, not liking to be challenged and took it on “Alright, ten shots and I’m out of here”.

“Alright” she smirked “Only if you can get out of here” she thought.

He took the shots and drunk water right afterwards but she was surprised to see that he wasn’t drunk enough.

“Alright Yuri, I have to leave now. Do you wanna to leave too?”

“How are you going to leave like this, you’re drunk?” she said holding him.

“No, I’m good. I can call a designated driver”

“Then I’ll leave with you”

 

A driver came and drove them where they needed to go. In the car, Yuri sat acting worried about drunk Minho, but her only reason for coming along was to ruin his little rendez- vous with his girlfriend.

“Driver, can you drop this lady to her house?”

“You don’t have to, I’ll just go where he’s going”

“What?! I told you I’m meeting my girlfriend”

“Can I come along? I’ve never met her”

“No you may not Yuri” he looked at her angrily “I told you, this is not a game. I don’t want her to think anything weird with the way you’re acting”

“The way I’m acting” she smiled “What if I made this a game?” she laughed.

“Well, I don’t have time to play games”

“Ok then, we’ll see” and to the driver “Can you drive me…?”

“At your service Ma’am”

“Ma’am? Do I like an ajhumma to you?”

“No miss, I apologize. I’ll be dropping you off at your location soon”

 

 

Minho finally showed up at the restaurant where Krystal was waiting for him, after dropping Yuri off.

“Why are you just coming now?” Krystal said with an unhappy look on her face “Why did you come at all if you were going to be late? Did you not see the time?”

“Stop grilling me, I’m only one hour late” Minho said in a rough tone.

“Only? Is this not important to you? Am I not important enough?”

“I showed up here like you wanted. Until when are you going to stop whining?” he said gritting his teeth.

“Were you with her? Is that why you’re late?” she asks getting angrier and impatient.

“Her? We’re not going to do this here Krystal”

“You think I didn’t know about her. I hear rumors. By the way who is she? Shall I meet her?”

“SHE is just a friend Krystal. Don’t make it out to be something more than it is”

“Then if she’s just a friend, why don’t I meet her too?”

“You wanna meet her? Have it your way, next time let’s call her out to dinner”

“Okay I’m excited to meet this friend of yours” she said sarcastically.

“Should we eat now?”

“I already ate, I was just about to leave” she says standing up and smirking “Enjoy your dinner” and left.

At this moment, Yuri’s words flashed in his mind “she controls you and whine to make you believe you’re not spending enough time with her, she’s too demanding”.

 

 

The next morning, Sulli was going to class when she saw Taemin walking down the hallway. He stopped when he noticed her and waited for her.

“Hi Taemin, how are you? I called and texted you many times yesterday but you didn’t answer back” Sulli said shyly.

“Oh I was out yesterday letting off some steam with my friends”

“Really? What did you do?”

“We went to play basketball”

“Then why didn’t you invite me?” she said playfully then she remembered their incident “I mean did you have a good time?”

“Of course I did, why wouldn’t I?”

“That’s nice” she smiled awkwardly noticing that their incident yesterday didn’t seem to affect him.

“What’s the reason you called and texted me yesterday?”

“To see if you were okay”

“We need to hurry or we’re gonna be late to class Sull” he pulls her to make her walk faster, ignoring her last comment. They get to class and thus end their conversation.

 

During lunch break Sulli went to find Taemin who was sitting in between his group of friends.

“Come sit next to me Sulli” his friends scooted over to let her sit.

“Wow you have a lot of company” she said to Taemin.

“I guess I’m so charismatic they even like sitting next to me at lunch break”

“Don’t flatter yourself” she hit him playfully.

“But it’s the truth”

“Food’s good here today” after taking some bites of her food, then she remembered about yesterday and started talking again “Listen, about what happened yesterday…”

“Hold on, sorry I need to talk to the guy over there” he pointed to another student who was walking out of the cafeteria and ran after him.

Whh-at? Who leaves so abruptly in the middle of a conversation? Rude” she thought to herself “he also interrupted me this morning while we were talking. Wait! He’s probably still mad at me for what happened yesterday. Well why wouldn’t he be? Is that why he’s avoiding talking about it?

 

 

 

Sooyoung, Tiffany and Jessica spent the morning at the gym working out, when they were done they sat down to cool off with some refreshments.

“Jessica I don’t mean to be rude but there is something I wanted to ask” Sooyoung said.

“What is it?” Jessica asks.

“I wanted to know when you’ll decide to marry my brother.”

“I’m going to the bathroom” Tiffany said jumping up leaving, not to hear that conversation.

“Why do you wanna know?” Jessica asks with a grim.

“I was just curious, hope you don’t mind”

“I do mind” Jessica said turning cold “But to answer you, I don’t know when”

“I mean why don’t you know? You two are already engaged” Sooyoung turned sour.

“I like you Soo but frankly this is none of your business. I don’t have to share with you the decisions I make” Jessica said.

“What! This is my brother we’re talking about, so does that mean I can’t ask when it comes to you two?”

“No you can’t. Do you still wanna challenge me Sooyoung?”

“I’m not trying to challenge or start a fight with you Sooyeon”

“Then why do you keep meddling in your brother’s business? He’s not marrying you. Are you in love with him or something? Because if I didn’t know any better I would think so from how much you control him”

“How could you say something like that?” Sooyoung looked at her shocked and disgusted.

“Oh! Don’t give me that face”

“You are so disgusting” Sooyoung said hurt then got up and left.

 

Tiffany came out of the bathroom after a while thinking the conversation would be over.

“Where’s Sooyoung?” Tiffany asks.

“She left” Jessica confirmed.

“Why? She was supposed to drop me home”

“I guess you weren’t that important since she forgot you. I’ll give you a ride”

“Okay but did something happened when I wasn’t there?”

“No why would anything happen?” Jessica acts clueless “By the way, do you also wanna know when I’ll marry your crush?”

“No” Tiffany shook her head fearful of the answer “Is that why you two fought and she left?”

“I see why you two are best friends. You ask a lot of questions and never let things go, good thing I know how to deal with you two”

“Yeah, good thing there are harsh people like you to make the world a crappier place”

“Do you still want that ride or not?” she threatened to leave Tiffany at the gym.

 

 

 

Sooyoung received a phone call from her manager telling her about an audition taking place for a brand that is very famous and has been around for a long time.

“They called and asked for a new face, a rookie actress. They don’t want known actresses, just a young and different looking face to put on their brand and commercials.”

“Really? Do you think they would like me?”

“Yes, probably. Just put your best foot forward, they’re very demanding. One other thing is at the beginning the actress selected would be working alone then she would be teamed up with 3 other celebrities”

“That sounds really tough. So when is the audition? What should I do to prepare?”

“The audition is in 2 days, I will be sending you a script practice it and when you show up there wear a dress and put your hair up in a ponytail. Also wear a bit of makeup”

“Is that all I need to do?”

“Well of course you have to show up on time or your name will be disqualified”

“Thank you, thank you”

“I almost forgot, I also have another audition that I’m checking out for you, it’s a drama “Fair maiden” is the name for now. 16 episodes long but I still need more information and I’ll contact you about it later”

“Please do so, thank you.”

Sooyoung got off the phone excitedly “Assa!!!” cheering and jumping up and down.

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 days later she went to the audition, when she arrived there were so many girls there waiting. Some were practicing, some were fixing their makeup, some were acting out their script or doing various other things.

“Could I even stand a chance amongst this pack of pretty and talented girls?” Sooyoung thought and returned to practice her lines even harder.

“# 21, 22, 23, and 24 please step inside this room” a man with a list in hand called out for the people auditioning to step in, they get in, he closed the door. Inside there are judges for the audition and each candidate gets to sit down and be evaluated. They were being asked questions about the entertainment business and the brand, then they moved on to the part of filming these candidates delivering their lines and acting.

“Miss Sooyoung, please read lines 2 and 3, but please put the right emotions into it”

Sooyoung was nervous sitting in front of the camera filming her but she did not let it show and read her lines with confidence “Love is too weak a word for what I feel — I luuurve you, you know, I loave you, I luff you, two F’s. Yes I have to invent, of course I do, don’t you think I do?” ”.

“Can you continue with line 6?”

“Me? I’m scared of everything. I’m scared of what I saw, I’m scared of what I did, of who I am, and most of all I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.”

After that part was over, they had her changed her clothes, styled her to take photographs, it was a long process for her and the other candidates but she was happy that she even got to audition for such a famous and renowned brand. It wasn’t easy to even get in the room because even before the official audition, people were being eliminated or disqualified.

“We will be contacting you in the case that any of you were to get selected and pass the audition” was what the four candidates in the room heard after their audition was over.

 

Sooyoung wasn’t done being busy for the day because she went to audition for a magazine gig she got herself and got accepted. She was scheduled to photo shoot for the magazine few days later. After the photo shoot was done, she liked how everything turned out, her picture was flattering as she was worried it would be the opposite but she couldn’t stop thinking about the brand’s audition and how she didn’t get a call back waiting hours and days impatiently. She was stuck to her phone 24 hours waiting for a phone call but got no answer.

 

 

 

 

Readers, I hoped you liked this chapter and have more coming up for you, thanks.