Family dinner

The betrayals

 

This was a good family to some extent; Mr. Choi was controlling but wanted his kids to do well. Mrs.Choi was a pretty woman and a loving mother but sometimes a bit shallow and materialistic, she is sometimes the voice of reason when her husband gets out of hand with the children. 

Siwon was the oldest son, he was very handsome and intelligent but over the past months only cared about work and became somewhat of a workaholic. Sooyoung, the oldest daughter of the family was gorgeous, she had a model like silhouette and was beautiful, her personality was sometimes hard to figure out because she was carefree and independent but also cared about other’s opinions of her.

 

Minho on the other hand didn’t care about what others thought of him, he especially didn’t care what his parents thought of him or wanted him to do. He was a handsome kid just like everyone in his family, girls would always do anything to get his attention but he could careless as he is also carefree and only cared about sports,while he had no aspirations and goals.

Sulli, the youngest of the family was a very cute girl but she was as tall as Sooyoung despite being the youngest, she was very intelligent herself and was business savvy. She did very well in school and looked for every opportunity to better herself.

 

 

 

In this big huge house was a family of six seating at a table eating. Mr. Choi sat at one end of the table with his wife on his left side, his oldest son Siwon seating at the other end of the table, Sooyoung and Minho on his right with Sulli seated next to mom.

 

“How was your day, kids?” Mr. Choi questioned

Sulli,Sooyoung and Minho all answered ”great”, and “it was fine”, while Siwon stayed silent.

“What, everyone’s day was great except Siwon’s?” Dad asked.

“Well, I always have hard and busy days as you know very well, but I need to talk to you later about something. Let’s just enjoy mom’s food for now” Siwon answered.

“Alright” says dad, as everyone starts serving themselves and passing dishes.

Meanwhile, mom was waiting for a chance to bring about her vacation idea. When she finally found the opportunity to bring it up with Sullli and Sooyoung discussing travel spots, a conversation started purposely by Sooyoung.Mom began:

“While we’re at it, I had this idea that we should plan a family vacation, being that Siwon would get to relax from working so hard and that we could spend more time as a family. What do all of you think?” Mrs.Choi says, then eyeing Sooyoung as they had previously made the deal that Sooyoung would back her up when she brought it up.

“A vacation?" Sooyoung acted like this is the first she's heard of it  ” that’s a great idea mom. You’re right we never get to spend much time together as a family, this would be great for us and oppa would rest some”.

“Oh,that’s good “ Sulli says “ It would be great to have some family time”.

“Why the vacation all of the sudden?” Dad asks

“It’s not really sudden. I’ve been thinking about it for weeks since Siwon has been working so hard and he needs to rest a little” Mom says with care in her voice.

“Mom,I don’t really need a vacation right now” Siwon started

“No honey,do you really wanna tire yourself out  that much working this hard with no break. I mean I don’t wanna see my precious son drop of exhaustion you know”Mom convinced

“So you’re saying he needs a little break from work. For how long do you plan we go on that vacation? Mr.Choi asked

“Uhh, we could spend the week-end coming up. No need to cut school or work”Mom affirmed

“Mom,I assure you. I’m fine,I don’t need a vacation” Siwon complained

“It’s barely a vacation. It’s a relaxing week-end I wanna plan for you, honey” Mom tells him

“Yeah, it’s not bad Siwonie. Mom just wants you to rest so you can have more energy, she’s just worried about your well-being” Sooyoung encouraged.

“I don’t mind her suggestion either. We can all go since it’s over the week-end and enjoy ourselves some relaxation. J...Just let’s not blow money on this little week-end trip alright” Dad agreed

“Thanks honey”.Mrs. Choi continues “Siwon, this break will be good for you. Don’t worry too much about work”.

 

By the time they finished this conversation, they were about done with their food. Dad got up then Minho and Siwon leaving Mom,Sooyoung and Sulli to clean up the table and do the dishes. Mrs. Choi was satisfied and happy inside that her plans worked. She just couldn’t wait to plan the trip for her family, but deep down she felt like she also deserved this trip.

A little while after dinner, Siwon and Mr. Choi were in his office discussing business for the company. Siwon was hardworking, he was an obedient son that did everything to fulfill his parents’ wishes, especially his dad’s.