engagement party 2-they meet

The betrayals

 

“Hello everyone. Welcome to Choi Siwon and Jung Sooyeon’s engagement party. You are all invited to dine with us” Jessica’s father announced.

The room and tables were ready, all the invited sat down to eat with the family. The Choi and Jung families had their special table where they all sat down together. Yunho had gotten there just before dinner.

“It’s good we’re finally meeting. I apologize if we couldn’t meet before” He says to Siwon.

“I understand you’re very busy. Your parents took care of everything”.

“That’s good. Take good care of my sister please”.

“I will, she’s in good hands”.

 

“The food is very good, everything was planned nicely. I’m sorry I couldn’t help out much” Mrs. Jung told Mrs. Choi.

“That’s okay, we will be helping each other out much more now that we’ll be families”.

Jung and Choi fathers could only talk about how their children would work it out and most importantly their investment deal.

 

“Ughh, I really hate this!” Sooyoung exclaimed.

“I feel the same way” Tiffany agreed.

“Why? Why do you hate it? I’m the one who’s have gonna have to deal with them?” She asks Tiffany.

“U-u-h” she couldn’t find words “I hate it because you hate it. I don’t want my best friend to have a hard time because of this”.

“Thanks for sympathizing with me. It looks like I’m the only one who’s worried too”.

“I don’t want anything to change because of this either” Tiffany voiced.

“I know, me neither.” Sooyoung suddenly gets up.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m going to get some fruits”.

“Get me some too please!”.

Sooyoung leaves to look for the fruit table she saw earlier. She finds the big side table garnished with all sorts of fruits, and her worries vanished for a second at the sight of it. Happily, she started putting some on two plates, until someone else showed up.

“Hi Sooyoung!”

Sooyoung froze a bit and turned to the girl.

“Hello Sooyeon”.

“It’s finally nice to meet you. I hope you’ll be good to me now that…” Jessica said but got cut off.

“Why do I have to be good to you?” Sooyoung said rudely.

Jessica pretended not to hear that.

“You seem nice. Let’s get to know each other better in the future” Jessica said nicely.

“That’s nice but I don’t really care to know you” Sooyoung replied and left.

Jessica smiled awkwardly, but was a little hurt at the girl’s hostility being that she was going out of her way to be nice to someone who didn’t really like her.

Jessica got what she needed and went back to her seat.

“Your sister Sooyoung doesn’t seem to like me much” she says to Siwon.

“Really? I think she needs time to get used to you”.

"Yeah,maybe".

 

The party was over, almost everyone left. It was time for the Jung family to leave too, but it was decided that Jessica would stay a little more with the Chois and Siwon would drive her home.

“Bye mom, bye dad”.

“Please bring back my daughter safely!” Dad asks Siwon.

 

“Sooyeon is staying over for a bit” Mrs. Choi said happily.

“Yeah, I’m a little tired but I don’t mind staying with you all”.

“What is this?” Sooyoung muttered under her breath, not really happy about the news.

Jessica could see the look on Sooyoung’s face, Sooyoung rolled her eyes and started leaving.

“Where are you going?” Mom asks.

“I’m going to my room” She says “Oh and Tiffany is staying over tonight”.

“Unnie, it’s great that you’re staying over. I have something to show you” Sulli says pulling Jessica’s arm, but Jessica was only thinking about the other girl who was leaving and how hostile she was to her.

Sooyoung walked off, but couldn’t shake off her annoyed feelings,” Unnie…I have something to show you” she repeats “When did she become an unnie here? Ughh, so annoying”.

 

 

Tiffany was in Sooyoung’s room crying but as soon as she heard the door slam, she hurriedly wiped her eyes.

“What’s going on?” Tiffany asks as if she hadn’t been crying.

“This broad is staying over” Sooyoung says harshly.

“She is? S-she’s gonna sleep over tonight?”

“No Tiffany. She's just staying till Siwon drops her home”.

“Ohh, I see… You don’t like her much, do you?” Tiffany questioned.

“Well, do you?”

“Sorry…but does it really matter whether I like her or not?” the girl said gloomy and Sooyoung noticed.

“Are you okay? Your eyes…have you been crying?” Sooyoung went up to her and held her face.

She pushed Sooyoung’s hands off playfully ”Get your hands off of me. I’m fine”.

Sooyoung looked at her insisting “It doesn’t look like you are”.

“I said I’m fine okay Sooyoung” she said raising her voice a bit and standing up.

“Then why are you getting worked up?”

“I’m not getting worked up. You’re the one over-reacting” she said clearly frustrated.

“See you’re doing it again. You don’t have to hide it from me if something is bothering you" Sooyoung took her hands.

Tiffany couldn’t look Sooyoung in the eyes and she could sense her tears wanting to come out so she ran out to the bathroom.

“Fany, Fany, what’s wrong?” Sooyoung called out.

She went knocking on the bathroom door.

“Fany, I’m sorry. Are you okay? Why are you being like this? I wasn’t trying to be mean".

“I’m fine Soo. I just drank a bit too much” she lied.

“Are you throwing up?”

“Yes, give me a moment please”

“Why did you drink that much? Hold on, let me get you some water”.

She quickly went downstairs to get the girl water.

 

“Sooyoung you’re back”

“No mom, I’m just here for some water.”

The object of her annoyance was still here. She noticed how everyone else were getting along great with Jessica especially Sulli. Sooyoung got a glass of water and went back upstairs.

“Tiffany, open up. Here’s a glass of water”.

The girl inside the bathroom after crying a bit more,threw water on her face and slapped her cheeks thinking 'Tiffany pull yourself together'.

Tiffany comes out, taking the glass “Thanks Sooyoung I’m okay”.

They go back to the room and Tiffany promised herself to forget about her heartbreak and enjoy the night with Sooyoung. They watched TV and slept.

 

 

It’s the morning after,Sooyoung and Tiffany got up to help Mrs. Choi clean the house. Even though they already had a cleaning team over,more hands were needed. Hours later, Sooyoung and Tiffany went to lunch at a restaurant nearby.

“Are you feeling better now?” Sooyoung asks Tiffany.

“Yes,much better but I have to go back to the company soon. I have to train for today and tomorrow I have an MC job”.

“I too have an audition tomorrow”.

“Good luck to both of us then”. They kissed each other goodbye and both left.